A Plague Tale Requiem keeps crashing (c0000005)

Discus and support A Plague Tale Requiem keeps crashing (c0000005) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Can play for about 15-20 min before it crashes. Checked the error log in WinDbg and it's always an c0000005 eror. Below is the full report from... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BatSmack, Oct 23, 2022.

1. BatSmack
    BatSmack Guest

Hello,

Can play for about 15-20 min before it crashes. Checked the error log in WinDbg and it's always an c0000005 eror. Below is the full report from the last crash. Help much appreciated A Plague Tale Requiem keeps crashing (c0000005) :). I do not know where to start!

:)

BatSmack, Oct 23, 2022
  2. b1k3rdud3 Win User

@BatSmack, on the off chance it is a folder access issue, you could try and move the XboxGames folder -

https://www.pcworld.com/article/623123/how-to-install-or-move-your-xbox-pc-games-to-any-folder.html

Or is as I suspect is the case the Xbox(and related)/Store app/s are causing the issue, make a copy of your game save, request a refund and buy the game on Gog/Steam instead.

And if you dont have that many games from the window store/Xbox for PC, I would personaly disable/remove it. M$ have had years to get this $h*t right and still cant manage this basic functionality reliably, so vote with your wallet.
  3. BatSmack Win User

I don't think I have any other Anti-virus than windows security. It's a shame that I don't have anything besides Gamepass so I can tes that hypothesis.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Do you have any anti-virus or other security application running in Windows other than Windows 11's own 'Windows Security'? If you do, and they attempt to access the XboxGames folder they will fail as the files in these folders can not be read by other applications.

You can of course you can usually add an exception to certain folders so that they can't be read by the Anti-virus.

As I said before, if other games work fine, this rules out a hardware issue.
  5. BatSmack Win User

I have had these issues with three games: Immortals Fenyx rising, Deathloop and now A plague Tale Requiem. All have been on Gamepass. I got this PC in january this year and have actually only played GP games :). Older gamess/indies have basically no problems (Dishonored, Hades etc). Also Halo Infinite worked without issues.

So you may be right actually. Perhaps it's Gampeass related? Would be interesting to get an advanced game on another platform. Been thinking of Cyberpunk 2077 for example.
  6. J Misfit Win User

Hi, i had the same issue and i found a fix for it, i play on pc xbox launcher, and what fixed it for me is turning off nvidia overlay, specifically the one that records clips or screenshots, for some reason keeping it on will crash the game on launch. If you want to keep the nvidia clip overlay on then restarting the pc works for that but i know that is a long process so id advise just turning the overlay off. Works for me now though i hope this information helps other people too!
Thema:

1. A Plague Tale Requiem keeps crashing (c0000005) - Similar Threads - Plague Tale Requiem

2. error code 0x80070199 when trying to install starfield and a plague tale reqiuem?!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    error code 0x80070199 when trying to install starfield and a plague tale reqiuem?!: ive been atempting to install the two games listed in the title but i get an error each time? for starfield it's at 100% download and for a plague tale it's at 45%. ive attempted to reinstall and...
  3. Plague tale: Requiem sweepstakes a while back and wanted to know if I missed out on winning...

in XBoX on Windows
    Plague tale: Requiem sweepstakes a while back and wanted to know if I missed out on winning...: I sadly missed out on the winner postings and never saw an email or anything like that. I still have my order ID oddly enough. Any way I can check this? 2f3e2f92-982e-4d6e-a522-016ff1318076
  4. Why are all the call of duty games being plagued with hackers.i report them but they still...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are all the call of duty games being plagued with hackers.i report them but they still...: Warzone2.0 and mw2,cold war,ww2 all have hackers, me and a ton of people are being plagued by this.we report them to and I get a quick response from Microsoft but I also get told to report them to...
  5. How to connect with any human being here?! Problem with game add-on The Long Dark: Tales...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to connect with any human being here?! Problem with game add-on The Long Dark: Tales...: For gods sake, I TRIED EVERYTHING TO CONNECT WITH A HUMAN!!! YOU ARE REFUSING TO CALL ME AT MY PHONE NUMBER JUST SENDING ME AN ERROR! AND WHEN I AM CALLING ON THE PHONE TO XBOX SUPPORT ARGENTINA...
  6. I got tales from the borderlands on games with gold, but now it's saying "to play this,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got tales from the borderlands on games with gold, but now it's saying "to play this,...: I tried resetting my console already, I tried uninstalling the game, when I look at it in the store, it says that i already own it, any help would be appreciated....
  7. Audio issues in cutscenes "A plague tale requiem"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Audio issues in cutscenes "A plague tale requiem": Hi, I am playing a game "A plague tale requiem", but in some cutscenes I am getting audio problem (for example at the starting of chapter 2). Tried the below steps as suggested but didnt worked....
  8. A plague tale requiem game freeze in sync.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A plague tale requiem game freeze in sync.: I check the system's information and the only difference between the requirements is: Graphic card - Intel Iris Xe graphic card Could this be the problem? Thank you...
  9. PC Game Pass, Bard's Tale IV, Game won't load past Xbox login prompt

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC Game Pass, Bard's Tale IV, Game won't load past Xbox login prompt: PC Game Pass, Bard's Tale IV, Game won't load past Xbox login prompt. It's the only game in my PC Game pass library to have this problem. Multiple people in the reviews are complaining about the...
  10. Unable to launch A plaque Tale Requiem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch A plaque Tale Requiem: Recently got game pass, and installed A plaque Tale Requiem, and I am unable to launch the game, just get a black screen with game using system resources. Ive reset the xbox app, services,...