A game requires an update before being able to play but im met with error 0x8b050033

Discus and support A game requires an update before being able to play but im met with error 0x8b050033 in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Sorry if this isn’t the place to ask this I’m trying to play AC unity it’s installed but when I try to start it up it tells me the game needs an... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Drekk836, Nov 12, 2021.

1. /u/Drekk836
    /u/Drekk836 Guest

A game requires an update before being able to play but im met with error 0x8b050033

Sorry if this isn’t the place to ask this

I’m trying to play AC unity it’s installed but when I try to start it up it tells me the game needs an update but it can’t retrieve the update. It says the servers might be under maintenance but they’re up and running.

I’ve tried so far -Profile hopping -uninstalling and reinstalling the game -a hard and soft reset

None of them have worked, any help and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I also installed another AC game and was able to update that one no problem.

submitted by /u/Drekk836
    [link] [comments]

/u/Drekk836, Nov 12, 2021
  2. fabioadami1966adami Win User

Error 0x8b050033

Error 0x8b050033

This error in preventing me to play, description is saying:

System Update Error: 8B050033 (System Update Error: 8B050033
  3. Geri M. Win User

Games require large updates before being able to play constantly on PC

Hi mrredTB,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Geri M. Win User

Games require large updates before being able to play constantly on PC

Hi mrredTB,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you wanted to turn off the automated update of Xbox apps on PC. As per description you have looked in the settings and have clicked the offline permissions enabled, still nothing happens.

All games available through the Xbox Game Pass for PC are installed from the Microsoft Store app on Windows. The Xbox (Beta) app is just an extension of the Microsoft Store to easily launch and manage your games that you get from the subscription among other Xbox Live features. The Xbox (Beta) app does not need to be running for updates to occur automatically because the updates initiate from the Microsoft Store which is always running in the background when you boot up your PC.

You can disable auto updates to games and apps in the Microsoft Store through the Store's settings.

1. Select the Start screen, then select Microsoft Store.
    2. In Microsoft Store at the upper right, select the account menu (the three dots) and then select Settings.
    3. Under App updates, set Update apps automatically to Off.

You can also manually pause or cancel updates if they do start through the download queue in the Microsoft Store. To get to the queue select the account menu (the three dots) > Downloads and updates.

You may also check this article to make changes on your PC settings.

[​IMG]

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know so we could find other options to resolve the problem.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Timothy Conley Win User

Updating a disc game

Im having the same problem with Call of Duty WW2 disc game. When I try to play it, it pops up "Update Needed: You this update, but we can't get it right now. Try again in a while. (0x8b050033)."
  6. flaunay Win User

Problem in Forza Horizon 4 S=save

As far as not being able to access the Autoshow in game can you explain what error message do you see, or is the option just greyed out and not selectable? I'm not a Forza player, so I'm not sure if there are in-game requirements that need to be met before
    accessing the Autoshow.
    Thank you for your answer.

Indeed, I can't access to the Autoshow because the option is greyed out and not selectable.

But, I unlocked the requirements in the game to access to that page.

Best regards.

Firmin Launay
Thema:

1. A game requires an update before being able to play but im met with error 0x8b050033 - Similar Threads - game requires update

2. Are there any games that don’t require you to log into servers?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Are there any games that don’t require you to log into servers?: Are there any games that don’t require you to log into servers? I bought FIFA and a snowboarding game thinking I could play without having to deal with logging into servers every time but they...
  3. "This player doesn't meet the requirements to join your current game mode"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    "This player doesn't meet the requirements to join your current game mode": My friend and I want to play FIFA 23. He's on PC and I'm on Xbox Series X. We're friends on EA Social, we both have an active Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription but still can't play together....
  4. Why does my mw3 require me to purchase game pass to play even tho I bought the game itself?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my mw3 require me to purchase game pass to play even tho I bought the game itself?: I bought the game but it says I need gamepass to play it. 172de818-b765-4a18-bdf1-b87fc0e89476
  5. Why does xbox require a gold subscription to pay for a game I already paid for? But the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does xbox require a gold subscription to pay for a game I already paid for? But the...: I wanted to play rainbow six siege but it said I need to pay for gold. I don’t think this makes sense to make people pay more money to play online games that they are already paying for but the...
  6. Cannot install large games onto my large HDD, since XBOX App requires 4k cluster size,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install large games onto my large HDD, since XBOX App requires 4k cluster size,...: Hi, A long while ago (many years), I purchased ONE game from the MS store and after running into so much trouble, I never even considered using the MS store ever again for purchasing games. Now...
  7. Why isn't it a requirement for any cross platform game Vs pc players to have mouse and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't it a requirement for any cross platform game Vs pc players to have mouse and...: Hello, there might be an obvious answer to this. But it seems strange that there are games that have cross play Vs pc players but have no mouse and keyboard support. Why is this? Shouldn't it be a...
  8. Unable to play games with GamePass that require Xbox live sign in (PC) - We couldn't sign...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to play games with GamePass that require Xbox live sign in (PC) - We couldn't sign...: Any time I attempt to sign into a GamePass game, I am met with the error "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live (0x80070520)" I am able to sign into the Xbox app with my Xbox live account without...
  9. My EA games are requiring me to select an Xbox game Pass plan to play online.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My EA games are requiring me to select an Xbox game Pass plan to play online.: Hi, I have an Xbox Series X, and for some reason, every time I try to play one of my EA games (Star Wars Battlefront 2, Battlefield 5, etc.) the game pops up a menu for me to select an Xbox game...
  10. How to play a game when error: "Your PC does not meet the system requirements" when it in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to play a game when error: "Your PC does not meet the system requirements" when it in...: When I run Starfield on my PC (game pass, not bought) it loads the game and then suddenly closes it, before it finishes loading, and gives me the error: "Your PC does not meet the system...