a game (OggaBogga.exe) only runs in the background

Discus and support a game (OggaBogga.exe) only runs in the background in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; when i open the file, the little spinning thing next to the cursor spins, but nothing happens. i checked task manager and it was just running in the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Conrad Stone, Jan 25, 2025.

  1. Conrad Stone
    Conrad Stone Guest

    a game (OggaBogga.exe) only runs in the background


    when i open the file, the little spinning thing next to the cursor spins, but nothing happens. i checked task manager and it was just running in the background with the name 'OggaBogga (32 bit)'. it's a vr game.

    ***moved from Windows/Windows 11/Files, folders, and storage***

    :)
     
    Conrad Stone, Jan 25, 2025
    #1
  2. Bob.H - MSFT Win User

    a game (OggaBogga.exe) only runs in the background

    Hello, Conrad Stone

    Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

    Hello, the game "OggaBogga.exe" seems to be running in the background and cannot be launched properly. Let's fix this:



    1. Check background activity settings:

    Open the Settings menu.

    Go to System > Power & Battery > Battery Usage.

    Find "OggaBogga.exe" (if listed) and select "More options" (three vertical dots).

    Make sure the setting for "Let this app run in the background" is enabled



    2. Task Manager:

    Open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc).

    Look for "OggaBogga.exe" under Processes > Background Processes.

    If it is running, try to end the task and then restart the game



    3. Additional troubleshooting steps:

    Use Task Manager to disable unnecessary background apps and processes.

    Consider checking if there are any updates or patches for the game.

    Verify that your system meets the requirements for the game (especially VR games).

    Restart your computer and try to launch the game again.

    In addition, it is recommended that you also provide feedback to the game's developer to ask if it is a known issue and get further advice.

    Best regards



    Bobhe | Microsoft Community Support Specialist
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

    How many games and apps can the Xbox one S run at the same time?

    The space for background apps is extremely finite, it should only run one. Dolby is not an app that runs in the background it's part of the operating system and the app acts as a key for activating it.
  4. MS Win8 Games Win User

    Is Adventure a limited time app?

    No, the game should not stop loading. However, I have experienced this when I left the app running in the background and didn't actually close it. Are you minimizing the game or leaving it to run in the background?
  5. MasterXploder7 Win User

    Post suspension party/game chat ban.

    have you tried using skype? Xbox's connection in general is sketchy for me and my friends, we cant even access party chat. so we use skype and have it run in the background (its the only app that properly runs in the background too).
  6. tohellnbak Win User

    It's all about the power! Why didn't MS know this?

    Didnt I read somewhere on a blog site that shall remain nameless that BF4 is so taxing on a system it brings the console almost it's max potential but yet.. only ONE console can run that game.. AND SIMULTANEOUSLY run Skype at the same time WHILE downloading
    an update for another game WITH another app currently running in the background... while the other can only run the game...

    ~ Jus' Sayin'
Thema:

a game (OggaBogga.exe) only runs in the background

Loading...
  1. a game (OggaBogga.exe) only runs in the background - Similar Threads - game OggaBogga exe

  2. My games filling with games I don't have access too

    in XboX Insiders
    My games filling with games I don't have access too: My "my games" list is filling with games the console thinks are available but I don't have the game pass tier or don't even own them. They aren't installed yet it gives me the option to uninstall...
  3. Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates: Hey, I’ve been having an issue on Xbox where game updates no longer show up under Games & Apps > Updates. The weird thing is that when I launch a game that has an update available, I can see that...
  4. game previews and capturing game audio and video rules?

    in XboX Insiders
    game previews and capturing game audio and video rules?: So I’m in a game preview and it says in the rules when I joined the preview that im not supposed to capture game audio/video or share the game with anyone but when I launch the game and start it...
  5. Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure: Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure Summary Xbox Cloud Gaming streams intermittently fail to connect. The Xbox logo appears, a brief clip of audio plays (timing is...
  6. Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section

    in XboX Insiders
    Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section: How can I permanently hide games from my games and apps that I don’t have installed? Since the last update, I have several games appearing in that list but they aren’t installed and I don’t wish...
  7. September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 25,...
  8. My games and apps showing more things then I do

    in XboX Insiders
    My games and apps showing more things then I do: Is this a bug ? Or is this a setting somewhere I can’t remove them and I only have 4 of these installed and when I go to uninstall it doesn’t work But shows I have like 10 games on that list...
  9. Outer World's 2 bug on XBOX Gamepass ... cloud gaming via Samsung tv

    in XboX Insiders
    Outer World's 2 bug on XBOX Gamepass ... cloud gaming via Samsung tv: Im encountering a bug on "Outer World 2". The bug is reported fixed via a patch. However, the bug is still on the clod/gamepass version. Specifically, the game depends on adding character...
  10. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...