A game not being playable on a device that I own

Discus and support A game not being playable on a device that I own in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was trying to purchase Resident Evil Village Gold Edition, but it tells me that it is “not playable on this device.” I have the Series X as well but... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MurderfaceM, Mar 14, 2023.

1. MurderfaceM
    MurderfaceM Guest

I was trying to purchase Resident Evil Village Gold Edition, but it tells me that it is “not playable on this device.” I have the Series X as well but it still says I cannot play this version. Not sure what else to do other than just getting a pre owned physical copy. the help would be appreciated if there’s a way around this technical issue.
    A game not being playable on a device that I own [​IMG]

:)

MurderfaceM, Mar 14, 2023
  2. DemonHunter3 Win User

That's just a software bug nothing to worry about
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

There are multiple reports in regard to multiple games on an Xbox Series X|S consoles getting this message prompt. However, there are no official announcements yet from Microsoft but as I have checked the game, it is available for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S consoles.

Please perform a power cycle on your console and then check again.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.

No worries as you can also try purchasing it on the website:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/resident...
  4. Dezmond Douglas Win User

I'm having the same issue, I just purchased resident evil 4 the remake deluxe and now it says I didn't pay for it and its not playable?! Why did I spend $75 then! I'm upset
  5. XxZACKxMANxX Win User

Own a game, not playable

No, I called xbox support and they said that I don't have the license to play it but I frigging payed for it
  6. GeneralT33Bagzz Win User

Own a game, not playable

Is it giving you an error code at all?
Thema:

1. A game not being playable on a device that I own - Similar Threads - game being playable

2. Not being able to play games on external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to play games on external hard drive: Why can’t I play games on my external hard rice fa80c9e6-2a62-4a8b-93ef-811c874bbf99
  3. Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?: Is there a way to play game audio through headset but spotify playing only on monitor? d368a210-979a-44bc-90ee-70363e601680
  4. How do I fix not being able to hear character voicelines in games?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix not being able to hear character voicelines in games?: I recently started playing Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint and noticed I was unable to hear voicelines entirely or they sounded like they were speaking from 50 meters away when the character...
  5. How do I fix game bar being stuck on the sign in screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix game bar being stuck on the sign in screen?: Ever since the new game bar update I haven't been able to go onto gamebar because it says "signing in". No matter how long I wait for it, it continues to be stuck there. I have tried everything...
  6. How do I fix issues with game updates and being unable to login to my account after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix issues with game updates and being unable to login to my account after...: My Xbox One console isn't working properly. First I tried to complete an update on EAFC24 which was 3.5GB and it kept freezing and updating for a second or two at a time then freezing for another...
  7. I can’t record clips without my game being annoying

in XboX Insiders
    I can’t record clips without my game being annoying: Whenever I record a clip on Xbox (Fortnite for example) my whole entire game freezes (lag goes up) and after the lag calms down it acts as if the controller disconnected and makes me click a box...
  8. Xbox game disks not being read, help!!!

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game disks not being read, help!!!: (Xbox one) o I recently have purchased gta 5 and ea fc 24, yet when I insert the disk, the Xbox doesn’t even read them, it won’t even load the game or give the option to install, and when I load...
  9. Are games being turned off for Xbox one? As I can’t play the disc once the game is removed...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are games being turned off for Xbox one? As I can’t play the disc once the game is removed...: Once games are removed from the Xbox store I can’t play them even with the disc it’s not recognised. I can no longer play forza 7 or gta 5? 94ed04c4-94af-4627-860a-5b58d444190b
  10. Why are we being mislead with cloud gaming wait times and unreliability?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are we being mislead with cloud gaming wait times and unreliability?: Its now been over 4 months since this [mod removed] began. I see people making excuses because its in "beta". "You're trying to eat at a full restaurant, you have to wait for a table". Wrong. I...