A friend's Xbox Series X has been faulty since launch, the only one crashing in every coop...

Discus and support A friend's Xbox Series X has been faulty since launch, the only one crashing in every coop... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi! A friend's Xbox Series X has been faulty since launch, it crashes pretty much every game we play and he's always the only one crashing. Now he's... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by saunah, Mar 21, 2023.

1. saunah
    saunah Guest

A friend's Xbox Series X has been faulty since launch, the only one crashing in every coop...

Hi!

A friend's Xbox Series X has been faulty since launch, it crashes pretty much every game we play and he's always the only one crashing. Now he's fed up and wants to quit playing Xbox and build a PC instead. He's extremely shy and introverted and not so tech savvy so he's never contacted Support/RMA about it.

Question: Can I help him return it still? Maybe someone can see that it was faulty even when fresh from the factory even? If he can't get help is there an interest from MS to receive the Xbox, for study? I mean he'll just throw it down a cliff otherwise or something.

PS. I told him to return it one week after he purchased it, as I've built plenty of PC's in my day and usually know when tech is displaying abnormal behaviour. He has better air circulation and stable lower temperature but still he's the one crashing as if it was running at +100°.

I know he hasn't done anything himself to it as we started our Xbox Adventure together, having been long time PS gamers and wanted more coop games. We found games but as soon as we're starting to have fun = C R A S H.

It sucks to be him.

Literally and Utterly.

:)

saunah, Mar 21, 2023
  2. PlushRelic Win User

Is the Xbox X|S unstable (bricking, crashing etc.)?

Like the title says, Is the Xbox X|S unstable like the PS5 was at launch, or is it stable? When the Xbox X|S first launched, I heard stuff about it crashing, bricking, etc. I was wanting to know, so I know whether to get it now, or wait.
    Hello, I have had my Xbox series x since Christmas my console has been fine no crashing i would recommend you get one if you haven't already. Also issues that have been happening with series x/s Microsoft are working on them but mostly the issues are on the units that were on sale on the launch date.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

A friend's Xbox Series X has been faulty since launch, the only one crashing in every coop session. Does RMA/study for science have any chance?

4. saunah Win User

A friend's Xbox Series X has been faulty since launch, the only one crashing in every coop session. Does RMA/study for science have any chance?

Ah sorry if I was unclear.

No, he can most of the time join us in coop games but after a while his Xbox will close the application to dashboard or some other type of crash.

It is not entirely limited to coop games either from what I understand but that's the time me and his friends see how it is for him.

My first guess was overheating since the symptoms remind me of my own poorly ventilated PC builds but, as I mentioned, he has the best ventilation and console temp out of all of us.

Do you know of any batches of XSX that has had a faulty sensor making the console think it's overheating and forcing a shutdown? Or does this ring any other bells from other customers who have had this issue?

I just thought I should try everything for him and ask here what to do.

He's so tired of it he wants to throw it in the trash. Noone at MS wants to dissect and examine it for info gathering sake? :)

Thanks for replies.
  5. FORCE RECON 93 Win User

XBOX SERIES X BATTLEFIELD 2042 crashing

I don't believe this is a hardware issue. If it is, they need to tell us specifically what is happening that makes our Xbox faulty on only one game. Never heard of that before. Why does every other game work fine with no crashing? Only the Xbox Series X/S version of BF2042 is crashing for ppl on the Series X/S after going through all of the troubleshooting steps, different controllers (someone suggested elite series 2 is a possible cause) etc. Is EA going to address this issue or can we get a more specific technical explanation?
  6. HomegrownSilky Win User

Why can I not launch my Xbox one games from my external hard drive, even after upgrading them from within the internal hard drive for the series s/x enhanced editions?

It has been stated since before the Series consoles launched, that Series X/S optimized games need to be played off of the internal storage or the Seagate expansion card. That is the only way.
Thema:

1. A friend's Xbox Series X has been faulty since launch, the only one crashing in every coop... - Similar Threads - friend's Series has

2. My friends list is not working on either my Xbox Series X nor my PC Game Bar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friends list is not working on either my Xbox Series X nor my PC Game Bar: Hello, My friends list on Xbox series X was frozen. I have followed all of the troubleshooting steps and now my friends list is simply empty. It states that I have 0 friends, but also does not...
  3. How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series X console? I have a Seagate hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series X console? I have a Seagate hard drive: How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series C console? I have a Seagate hard drive d45a01d0-f1f8-403f-9ef9-96584b14ec71
  4. Can’t join friend on Battlefield 2042 and they can’t join me (Xbox series x)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t join friend on Battlefield 2042 and they can’t join me (Xbox series x): My friend and I both have game pass core but we’re unable to join each other on battlefield 2042. It is saying we need to get game pass. We have tried signing out of our profile, restarting the...
  5. My Son has FC24 on Xbox Series S and has added a friend who has a PS5... why can't they...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Son has FC24 on Xbox Series S and has added a friend who has a PS5... why can't they...: The Cross Play feature is enabled, they are friends but when he tries to add him to play a game he isn't there for selection in the Online friends list. In fact it doesn't even show the Online...
  6. I cannot join my friend nor can he join me in xbox one games. We both have xbox series...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot join my friend nor can he join me in xbox one games. We both have xbox series...: I cannot join my friend nor can he join me in xbox one games. We both have xbox series consoles. f8b46043-3d91-4bb2-9867-388c6e3a7c7c
  7. Friend bought me a game through gifting and it’s a series s/x game. I have a series s but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend bought me a game through gifting and it’s a series s/x game. I have a series s but...: Friend bought me a game through gifting and it’s a series s/x game. I have a series s but it won’t download and says incompatible with this device e93ad5d8-9461-4955-a4c7-0392213f0fe4
  8. How come people cannot join me unless I add them as friend? (Xbox Series S)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How come people cannot join me unless I add them as friend? (Xbox Series S): This is a problem I've been having for a long time. Basically, anytime I try to invite someone to a game and they are not on my friends' list, they always get an error message upon trying to join...
  9. Why can’t I add friends on Xbox series s

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t I add friends on Xbox series s: I can’t add anyone as a friend I have restarted my system multiple times and even a few hard resets and still can’t add anyone afecac36-f3ec-4132-95f5-cea003ec9c14
  10. Several of my friends and my own XBox Series X keeps randomly rebooting after the last...

in XBoX on Windows
    Several of my friends and my own XBox Series X keeps randomly rebooting after the last...: Several of my friends and my own lot of XBox Series X's, keeps randomly rebooting after the last system update on 9/6/2023. Is there any news if Microsoft is going to roll back this release or...