A friend told me to clear my alternate MAC address to improve WiFi and now I can’t connect...

Discus and support A friend told me to clear my alternate MAC address to improve WiFi and now I can’t connect... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was downloading a game then to up the mbps a friend told me to reset mac address and now i cant connect to xbox live... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NathanFredericks, Aug 6, 2020.

1. A friend told me to clear my alternate MAC address to improve WiFi and now I can’t connect...

I was downloading a game then to up the mbps a friend told me to reset mac address and now i cant connect to xbox live

:)

NathanFredericks, Aug 6, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. XBF Ezra G Win User

A friend told me to clear my alternate MAC address to improve WiFi and now I can’t connect to Xbox live

Hello NathanFredericks,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with your Xbox One after clearing the alternate MAC address. Please try performing a

power-cycle
    to correct this. If the issue persists, visit this article for additional help:

Troubleshoot Network Connection - Xbox One

I hope this helps.
  3. gamerrazor1975 Win User

Xbox says wifi password incorrect but is. Connects fine with wired connection.

Ok so I just cleared the alternate MAC address and now wifi connects. Hopefully intoning else will happen.
  4. Zarzillin Win User

Can’t Clear Alternate Mac Address

Been having the same issue for a while. Ive tried everything. Seems to be fine if i connect the Xbox wired directly into the router. But if you try to find a network it picks nothing up and doesnt allow you to restart your mac address.
  5. RewardwEhvt Win User

MC Dungeons Unable to Verify Ownership Bug

My friend had the same problem i told him to clear his alternate mac address and it worked you can do the same in settings
  6. DavidJungpa Win User

Connected to Live, but online games won't connect?

Some questions:

1. Are you using an alternative MAC address?

2. Are you connected over wifi?

If yes, try removing alternative MAC first. There is a bug with the Feb update that breaks using an alternative MAC over wifi when connecting to games but leaves everything else intact. I was attempting to connect x1 over wifi at a hotel and ran into this
    problem. I corrected by removing the alternative MAC address.
Thema:

A friend told me to clear my alternate MAC address to improve WiFi and now I can’t connect...

1. A friend told me to clear my alternate MAC address to improve WiFi and now I can’t connect... - Similar Threads - friend told clear

2. How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app: I’m streaming with a group of friends I use the Xbox app for communicating most nights but stream can’t here due to me not being able to include my audio using the app...
  3. My friends cant see when im on my pc.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friends cant see when im on my pc.: I have tried going through my settings many times and still cant find a fix as to why my friends cant see when im online. 6925889c-0db0-48b6-962b-b5858a2476d1
  4. So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...: So I tried gifting my friend darktide on the xbox using cash app card and the payment is still pending and the gifting errored but it took the money outta the account so I do I just wait or did it...
  5. my friends told me that they can hear my echo but whenever I try to talk it beeps, so I was...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    my friends told me that they can hear my echo but whenever I try to talk it beeps, so I was...: Whenever I’m In party or game my audio works, but whenever I try to talk it doesn’t work and my friends told me that they can hear my echo but whenever I try to talk it beeps, so I was wondering...
  6. I bought my friend a game last year and he told me he doesn’t like or want it at all can I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought my friend a game last year and he told me he doesn’t like or want it at all can I...: Last year around June I bought my friend halo the master chief collection and we played it together maybe 5 times since then. He told me today that he doesn’t like playing the game at all and...
  7. My best friend scams people online, he's been told to stop multiple times by everyone but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My best friend scams people online, he's been told to stop multiple times by everyone but...: There's someone who is in this community by a certain gamertag, he was formerly one of the many [mod removed] gamertags and he has a way to scam people by making a promise to help them out after...
  8. Xbox Support told me to post here about my Overwatch Early access friend key.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Support told me to post here about my Overwatch Early access friend key.: I pre ordered the game and got no Early Access friend key. I contacted customer support on Tuesday and they told me that it was Blizzard's job to give out the keys because xbox had nothing to do...
  9. Hey I’m new to Xbox I was told by Friend that I can get Xbox gold for free

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey I’m new to Xbox I was told by Friend that I can get Xbox gold for free: I am new to Xbox I was told by a friend that I can get Xbox gold for free. f68f3e7f-9d3d-4afe-872a-4b6161402789
  10. Cant send friend request for new beta sashboard told to post here by xbox support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant send friend request for new beta sashboard told to post here by xbox support: Please send these gamers the beta trial Wholeeo20 DoubleG1987 ExcuseMySh0wOff RTCARNEY d04bbc1f-88c1-4a41-b10b-d281c2e4b278