A few questions about Project Scarlet

Discus and support A few questions about Project Scarlet in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I have a few questions about Project scarlet. to start with I am an avid follower of Xbox and while I have a PS4 and Switch there really only for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dragonfire1006, Dec 13, 2019.

1. A few questions about Project Scarlet

So I have a few questions about Project scarlet. to start with I am an avid follower of Xbox and while I have a PS4 and Switch there really only for game exclusives, Playstation hasn’t seen my card since they got hacked and keep getting hacked. The only
    gaming service I pay for is ultimate on Xbox… my main online gaming platform.

Anyway, as we know when windows 8.1 becomes redundant windows 10 will be re-branded to just “Windows”.

At the time of that announcement I think Microsoft announced that their console platform was taking a similar change as well. So I have a few questions about that.

1. The OS

So one of the things rumored were that Microsoft would rather keep the same OS but just keep upgrading hardware. My question to you guys is if that holds true. With Project Scarlet will it use the same/ similar OS, and how will it integrate with existing
    Xbox one, S, X users.

Cross Platform?

In your adds your mentioning PC, Console and Phone gaming, I would like to ask some elaboration on that, currently we have the Xbox Game Bar and Xbox companion app for Windows 10, is Microsoft planning to branch out to PC, or have some partnership with companies
    like Steam? Because the Idea of Xbox on PC does strike my interest.

3. External Storage / storage solutions moving forward.

Ok, so let’s be honest here, even with the new SSD hard drive, 2TB is not a lot of space. On my main account I’m nearing 400 Xbox one, 360 and original games. I have an 8TB USB 3.0 HDD +3.0 HUB and 2 USB 3.0 2TB external HDDs connected to it so. 3 hard drives.
    Even though you advertise that up to two hard drives can be connected the OS supports 3.
    I like to keep my games downloaded and up to date. Moving forwards will Project scarlet still support external Storage units.

Now my question for this is a concern to me since I have gone as Digital as possible. And while the PS5 now has removable SSD storage media… they look like genesis / Nintendo cartridges. So will Project Scarlet support external media and if so in what capacity.
    Can I just plug in my 3 USB 3.0 drives and go. Will I have room for more?

Or will the new console only Support external SSDs?

Further Games are currently from 60GB to 120GB or even more, a 1 or 2 TB drive is not going to last long unless you start deleting games of the storage so what are the preventative measures for a gamer like me going forward?

4. Multiple versions

Am I hearing that right? The online rumour mill suggests project scarlet will not be a 1 launch console but 2 or 3 separate versions.

· Standard

· All digital

· More expensive beefier console (like the Xbox one X or 360 Elite of its generation.)

If that’s the case I am all for it as the I really am hoping Xbox can have a win this Gen.

5. I can have my full Backwards Catalog?

As I mentioned before I have a lot of games on my main account in a 12TB storage setup. If I just plugged that into a project scarlet console, would I suddenly have all my games ready to go on newer, shinyer hardware?

:)

Dragonfire1006, Dec 13, 2019
  2. Dragonfire1006 Win User

welp, what culture all but confirmed today that all games on the Xbox series X will be forwards and backwards compatible with the Xbox one, S & X.

i like this as it shows there promise of one platform, many versions, much like a PC.
  3. zeroice007 Win User

Everyone's asking about official info about Project Scarlett I posted official info however i cant post the source because things are in development etc the game from devs. I cant be more clear than i have on what i posted. Microsoft just hasn't come out
    to the direct public on its official stance but the console has official specs just not released to the public. Feel free to look at the post I provided. its just not Official in terms of the public thru Microsoft but its true. What people fail to realize
    is that the games are being worked on from Devs I do know of personally so they have to know the specs to work on th games SO THAT is official just not directly from Microsoft. By the time you hear of anything truly official released to the public the whole
    world will know by then lol. How do people think games get developed lol if you dont know the specs lol. And that's a fact. If the specs were not complete we could not work on making the games lol. I've said too much as it is. Microsoft know when it wants
    to release so called official stats that are already out of course
  4. luissolid Win User

The next xboxes (supposed to be two) will be compatible with all the previous generation of accessories, games and memberships.

So you can use all yours games
  5. Dragonfire1006 Win User

well, from experience and analysis

the Xbox One OS for a while now has just been a very trimmed down version of Windows 10 tablet mode. it wouldn't supprise me if Microsoft

took the Tablet OS

removed the existing windows format GUI

coded in the Xbox one Kernal

implemented the Xbox one GUI

bound functions and commands to relevant settings

and then called it the Xbox one OS.

the entire OS is app based which in my opinion is a better way of doing things than on the 360, when a game crashes on the 2360 it requires a restart on Xbox one it shuts down the app.

however there is a flip side, the blue ray drive is controlled by an App that is started on launch and never called again. both on my Xbox one and X i have had times were games are not reading in the drive because the controlling app failed to load. still
    i prefer this Os over 360 Shell, PS3 shell, PS4 shell and Switch Shell.

startup support is just a fancy way of saying Safe Mode.

a more microsoft based OS while updating existing Xbox one's might be a good move.
  6. matthewiag Win User

Some of the Question still needs Official Answers

I am sure that Cross Play is going to be come more support over time since it now becoming a standard with games
Thema:

1. A few questions about Project Scarlet - Similar Threads - few questions Project

2. Xbox One X - Powering off after a few seconds

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X - Powering off after a few seconds: Hello, just wanted to reach out and see if anyone is having a similar issue? Or if anyone knows what can be done to alleviate this problem. I have an Xbox One X that I use for beta updates, and...
  3. Serious problems with party chat with the last few Alpha builds.

in XboX Insiders
    Serious problems with party chat with the last few Alpha builds.: When you start a party chat it automatically sets it self to game chat mode and you must go in and disable it then re-enable and disable it before the party chat will actually work. Also. If you...
  4. my xbox controller keeps disconnecting every few minutes from my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox controller keeps disconnecting every few minutes from my pc: its not the xbox one controller its after that. it disconnects from my pc for a few seconds and then reconnects. software is up to date, it even happens when its plugged in....
  5. A few days ago I recorded asseto corsa after which when I log into FC24 it perceives my 1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    A few days ago I recorded asseto corsa after which when I log into FC24 it perceives my 1...: A few days ago I recorded asseto corsa after which when I log into FC24 it perceives my 1 controller as 2 controllers. How do I fix this? d5b694d1-d253-4428-a42f-c9ca39459e9f
  6. Microsoft account hacked and I have a few questions about it.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account hacked and I have a few questions about it.: My microsoft account got hacked quite a while ago. The hacker changed the mail and password and can't sign in. I've been trying things for a few months now, and I have a few questions, 1. I saw a...
  7. question I have a seires x coming in a few days and I want to know something

in XBoX Accessibility
    question I have a seires x coming in a few days and I want to know something: does all my info like accounts and settings automatically transfer over to the series x or do I have to transfer it manually to it? I know games I own on external hard drives can be transferred...
  8. Question ? dowload installing Xbox live in-game experience. This may take a few minutes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question ? dowload installing Xbox live in-game experience. This may take a few minutes...: [img] this is a xbox show 471d3018-5e73-4548-aaa3-b414dfb0cfcf
  9. Question about a game that was free a few months ago?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about a game that was free a few months ago?: a few months back, warriors orochi 3 ultimate was offered for free with xbox live gold. I put it in my queue and forgot about it until today. I went to it, and all it said was that it was pending...
  10. Former Xbox 360 Owner to be an Xbox One Owner in the next few months......have some question ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Former Xbox 360 Owner to be an Xbox One Owner in the next few months......have some question ...: Hi! So I used to have an Xbox 360 .....when I did get rid of it I think I may have had some of Xbox Live left on it. Anyways so now that I am getting an Xbox One (by the end of the year,...