A big mistake on changing my region, please help me, many thanks!

Discus and support A big mistake on changing my region, please help me, many thanks! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Dear adiministrator, I mistakenly changed my region of Xbox LIVE account from US to China a few hours ago, and I just noticed that this opereation can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ethan Huo, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Ethan Huo
    Ethan Huo Guest

Dear adiministrator,

I mistakenly changed my region of Xbox LIVE account from US to China a few hours ago, and I just noticed that this opereation can only be issued every 3 months, which means I can wait for 3 months to change it back...

I purchased my gold membership until 2015, and I enjoy playing with my friends on LIVE so much, but now I cannot log into LIVE any more, which is definitely a great loss to me...

Can anyone help me to change my region back? or just give me another chance to change it back tomorrow...

I will be very grateful if you can help me, many thanks!

Best regards!

:)

Ethan Huo, Jan 2, 2014
  2. lXBeefCakeXl
    lXBeefCakeXl Guest
    Region Change.

Made the mistake of changing regions because I was told it would help with the Beta access. It didn't help and I would like to go back to my original region.

lXBeefCakeXl, Jan 2, 2014
  3. gears of war and gears of war 3 redeem code not working

hi iv just got gears of war 4 which came with gears of war 1,2,3,4 and the redeem code is not working for 1 and judgment . please can you help. iv try changing the region but still nothing. many thank stuart

RetiringCookie, Jan 2, 2014
  4. Ethan Huo
    Ethan Huo Guest

actually I can connect to LIVE but the LIVE service is invalid in this region and I cannot download or buy anything through LIVE... even the free games or DLCs are unavailable for me... I am desperate now...

Please HELP...

Ethan Huo, Jan 2, 2014
  5. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    You can phone support for your region & they may change it back for you.If not then you will have to wait the 3 months.

You can't "mistakenly" change your region,you have to verify it at least 2 or 3 times before it changes.

Daft Badger, Jan 2, 2014
  6. You're stuck in China for 3 months. On top of that if you made this region migration with the sole intent of circumventing the marketplace system to get free content or games you can face a ban. Accidental migration isn't really possible.

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 2, 2014
  7. Ethan Huo
    Ethan Huo Guest
    you can say it is impossible that I did an accidental migration, but I was only aware of the 3 months policy after I tried the migration due to my curiosity... so the migration was my fault, but is there any remedy for this?

Ethan Huo, Jan 2, 2014
  8. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

As already said, you can try contacting support, but there is no guarantee they will do anything. The system does give you the warnings before you complete the migration.

Smwutches, Jan 2, 2014
  9. "Curiosity" doesn't make it accidental. There is absolutely no way to change regions before the time-lock expires and Microsoft has no way of speeding it up. It's a system put in place to prevent marketplace abuse among other things. As I said before,
    you are stuck in China for 3 months.

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 2, 2014
  10. Ethan Huo
    Ethan Huo Guest
    Thank you VisageOfAnAngel for your patient answers, I guess I can only accept these 3 months stuck in China...

I see you played 'sleeping dogs', right? I think I can never have the chance to get it free again...

I even didn't know what I was thinking when I clicked 'accept' for the migration, how stupid...

There is only one thing I care now, are you sure that I can change my region back after 3 months? I am afraid if there is any limitation to change region from China...

Ethan Huo, Jan 2, 2014
  11. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Once the 3 months is up you will be able to change your region again.

Daft Badger, Oct 31, 2018
  12. Daft Badger Win User

Once the 3 months is up you will be able to change your region again.
  13. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

"Curiosity" doesn't make it accidental. There is absolutely no way to change regions before the time-lock expires and Microsoft has no way of speeding it up. It's a system put in place to prevent marketplace abuse among other things. As I said before,
    you are stuck in China for 3 months.
  14. Daft Badger Win User

You can phone support for your region & they may change it back for you.If not then you will have to wait the 3 months.

You can't "mistakenly" change your region,you have to verify it at least 2 or 3 times before it changes.
  15. Ethan Huo Win User

Thank you VisageOfAnAngel for your patient answers, I guess I can only accept these 3 months stuck in China...

I see you played 'sleeping dogs', right? I think I can never have the chance to get it free again...

I even didn't know what I was thinking when I clicked 'accept' for the migration, how stupid...

There is only one thing I care now, are you sure that I can change my region back after 3 months? I am afraid if there is any limitation to change region from China...
  16. Smwutches Win User

As already said, you can try contacting support, but there is no guarantee they will do anything. The system does give you the warnings before you complete the migration.
Thema:

1. A big mistake on changing my region, please help me, many thanks! - Similar Threads - big mistake changing

2. Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe...: Here is a photo of it. The marks are most likely water/vinegar mix. I hate when There are marks like this. [img] 411af9ba-49b4-47e4-a3fa-6c40e793f6fd
  3. When is the big update? war thunder needs not going to lie

in XboX Insiders
    When is the big update? war thunder needs not going to lie: ?????? submitted by /u/TG_Swump_GXD [link] [comments]
  4. Is N4500 celeron a big jump from N4020

in XBoX on Windows
    Is N4500 celeron a big jump from N4020: Hi everyone. I ask this question as I am in the market for a cheap laptop to stream TV and shows in the evenings. It will literally be used for that. I already have a powerful laptop that I use...
  5. need help installing big fish manager

in XBoX Accessibility
    need help installing big fish manager: need help installing bigfish manager b4735e64-3110-4610-9c20-f3baf4b9bbd9
  6. Why dose xbox allow big scammers in looking for groups posts.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why dose xbox allow big scammers in looking for groups posts.: This gets posted ever few minutes. All kinds of GTA 5 modded accounts with cars Cash Modded outfits and fast delivery. Go to www,u4gm,com and use coupon "xb" for 15% off. The poster is not...
  7. BIG HUGE GAMES question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    BIG HUGE GAMES question: On Rise of Nations, how do I change the drive my game saves to? I have a huge E/ drive that I use for saving games but the game is insisting I save it to my C/ drive, a SSD with limited space. I...
  8. Big Huge Games Question

in XBoX on Windows
    Big Huge Games Question: On Rise of Nations, how do I change the drive my game saves to? I have a huge E/ drive that I use for saving games but the game is insisting I save it to my C/ drive, a SSD with limited space. How...
  9. Bought a brand new Elite Series 2 Core-Controller and have big issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought a brand new Elite Series 2 Core-Controller and have big issues.: Recently bought a new Xbox Elite Series 2 Core-Controller and I've been experiencing some big issues with the a, b and y buttons. Before a click even registers I end up having to click these face...
  10. My Home button(The big X) won’t work at All.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Home button(The big X) won’t work at All.: Hello, My problem is regarding my Xbox elite series two controller. My problem is I splilled a little drink on it and it didn’t work at all for a bit, now it works when I plugged it in. The...