9 year old made over $500 in VBuck purchases without us knowing - Microsoft said they would...

Discus and support 9 year old made over $500 in VBuck purchases without us knowing - Microsoft said they would... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; It appears to be a lot easier to make purchases than to protect yourself. My kids are 12 and 9 and quickly figured out how to crack the basic... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ConcernedParent_Montana, Nov 28, 2022.

1. 9 year old made over $500 in VBuck purchases without us knowing - Microsoft said they would...

It appears to be a lot easier to make purchases than to protect yourself. My kids are 12 and 9 and quickly figured out how to crack the basic securities and made ~$500 in Vbuck purchases. XBox has since denied us a refund and won't give any further explanation. Customer service as a whole seems to no longer exist and advertising has gotten extremely predatory. It's disappointing how easy it is to make these purchases and then almost impossible to get them voided. I don't want any of the garbage my kids bought staying on their account. I wanted that gone. I guess it's up to me to just walk away from Xbox and their predatory marketing.

:)

ConcernedParent_Montana, Nov 28, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

9 year old made over $500 in VBuck purchases without us knowing - Microsoft said they would refund some of them and then ghosted us.

I understand your frustration
    I really hope that everything gets sorted out as soon as possible

Just as an extra advice, if your card has a freezing feature via your bank app. Please keep that option enabled unless you really need to use the card
    In that way you can reduce to almost 0% these situations
  3. ConcernedParent_Mont Win User

9 year old made over $500 in VBuck purchases without us knowing - Microsoft said they would refund some of them and then ghosted us.

I appreciate the help and follow-up. I was able to get the link to work and tried to submit a refund. I'm just crushed by all of this and hope we can resolve the issue. Thanks again for the help!
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, that’s odd
    I tested the link and worked without problems in my case

If possible please try:

1. Use a different device and open the link from there
    2. Open a new private / incognito window in your current device and try again
    3. Try using a complete different Wi-Fi network

PS: if maybe you’re using a VPN, proxy, firewall or similar service please turn off all the protections temporarily
  5. ConcernedParent_Mont Win User

Thanks for the advice. I tried the link to the form and got the following:

Sorry, support.xbox.com isn't available right now
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this mate

You can try asking for a refund using the form below:

https://support.xbox.com/forms/request-a-refund

In case your refund gets denied, you can actually file an appeal for the results of the refund.

All you need to do is to reply to the email that was sent to you by the refund team, you can reply with a detailed explanation so they can review your request again and grant you a possible exception.

If maybe the request is denied , the best option is dispute the charge directly with your bank and ask them to cancel all these charges
Thema:

9 year old made over $500 in VBuck purchases without us knowing - Microsoft said they would...

1. 9 year old made over $500 in VBuck purchases without us knowing - Microsoft said they would... - Similar Threads - old made $500

2. I bought a game on my old account which got hacked, made a new account and now it won't let...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a game on my old account which got hacked, made a new account and now it won't let...: Unsure what I need to do to sort this as I'm unable to log back into my old account, have I lost the ability to play my games unless I buy them again? 71f3c28b-5689-4b1c-92ae-91d66de0d4b7
  3. Signed into my old account but made a new one?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Signed into my old account but made a new one?: I did a factory reset on my Xbox one. Then I tried to sign back in to one of my old accounts when I signed in, I didn’t get my old account back, instead it made a new Xbox account. How do I get my...
  4. my 8 year old grandson got on my xbox and made unauthorized purchases

in XBoX Accessibility
    my 8 year old grandson got on my xbox and made unauthorized purchases: my 8 year old grandson got on my xbox and made unauthorized purchases. How can I contact Microsoft and will they refund to my paypal. [img] 07461870-71d9-485e-a8f3-b40695fa0bbd
  5. How do I get my old 360 account if I didn't have an account when it was made?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I get my old 360 account if I didn't have an account when it was made?: I'm trying to get my old 360 gamertag and I didn't have an account when I made it, it's . 8790b66d-5fa8-4f8e-a8a3-55ba0dbf1df2
  6. One Piece Open World Game (Made by 13 year old sorry for grammar)

in XboX Insiders
    One Piece Open World Game (Made by 13 year old sorry for grammar): Microsoft should make a open world One Piece game that is multiplayer what would be in the game.The open world is the whole one piece world and each arc there would be a update and there’s a new...
  7. Gamertag- old tag not being made available after change.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag- old tag not being made available after change.: Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone knows the answer to this - I made a gamertag back on the original Xbox (many years ago!) but after account hassles I made a new account with new gamertag. Recently...
  8. i bought a new xbox and gave my son the old with gold on it and made did what it said to do...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i bought a new xbox and gave my son the old with gold on it and made did what it said to do...: xbox gold sharing not working b9cb275c-f092-4ebb-860c-58a1da3b80f1
  9. Made a new email address need linking to old gamer tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Made a new email address need linking to old gamer tag: Hi I deleted a previous email address due to hackers and i made a new one but i need to link my old gamer tag to new email address. I made a new microsoft account but cant transfer older gamer tag...
  10. How do I dispute purchases on 5yr old made

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I dispute purchases on 5yr old made: i found about 100 dollars of purchases my 5yr old made on my card and i can't get anyone on the phone. Plz help 16b8e0b6-58ad-445b-9afd-85b8b54b6d66