9-days-old Captures Missing

Discus and support 9-days-old Captures Missing in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I’ve been taking a lot of screenshots recently while playing Elden Ring and always save them to my computer or phone a few days later. Last night I was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by alexkatbat, Mar 26, 2022.

1. alexkatbat
    alexkatbat Guest

I’ve been taking a lot of screenshots recently while playing Elden Ring and always save them to my computer or phone a few days later. Last night I was scrolling through my captures on the Xbox app and noticed that all of my screenshots from 9 days ago or later are all gone. The only thing from that time period left are videos. This morning I checked the Xbox app, the Windows console companion, and my Xbox itself, but all of my screenshots from 9 days ago or later are gone.

Is there any way to get these back?? What could have caused this? I took a large number of screenshots just yesterday; is it possible that the network deleted my old captures to make room? If this is the case, why is there zero transparency that captures will be lost once you reach a certain number of screenshots?

:)

alexkatbat, Mar 26, 2022
  2. alexkatbat Win User

Hi Ricardo,

As I mentioned in a separate reply, it appears that these captures were not deleted and I can still view them on my Xbox if I filter my captures for screenshots. The issue is screenshots older than 9 days are not viewable on the Xbox app or the Xbox console companion on Windows, meaning I cannot save any of the older screenshots to my computer or phone.

Edit: To be clear, all of the screenshots in question were uploaded to the Xbox network.
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

On your console you will always have the clips available, on the axbox network no, as the information above applies to the Xbox network, you can reupload those and you will again lose the last ones once you reach the maximum storage available
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Alexkatbat! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

When you make a capture, the file that represents it exists only on your console. Uploading your captures to the Xbox network is helpful for two things: viewing your captures when you’re using a mobile or PC app from Xbox, and sharing your captures.

Automatic uploading is standard, but in case you need to turn it on, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then go to Profile & system > Settings > Preferences > Capture & share > Automatically upload.

To upload a capture that wasn’t uploaded automatically, select the capture, and then select Upload.

Things to keep in mind

You can upload up to 10 GB of captures to the Xbox network. Once you reach those limits, you’ll need to delete existing captures to upload new ones.

Any game clip or screenshot uploaded to the Xbox network that gets no views in 30 days will be deleted. Viewing it yourself counts as a view and saves a capture from deletion.

Captures that don't get uploaded to the Xbox network will remain on the console they were recorded on.

All this information it's available on support site

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...
  5. alexkatbat Win User

I was able to get older screenshots to load on my Xbox by sorting the results by screenshots and games, but the older screenshots still will not show up on the Windows Xbox console companion or Xbox app.
  6. BusiedArc28670 Win User

Probation

my son is 9 years old and has been on probation for three days
Thema:

1. 9-days-old Captures Missing - Similar Threads - days old Captures

2. My old(it's only my old account because one day I got logged out and could never log back...

in XBoX on Windows
    My old(it's only my old account because one day I got logged out and could never log back...: I had this xbox account for 8 years, I've been trying to get it back for months now and yet I haven't been able to. The accounts name is xXNSkylineXx(the original name of the account was...
  3. 2-day old Xbox Series S Crashes

in XBoX on Consoles
    2-day old Xbox Series S Crashes: Bought new Xbox Series S from Amazon a couple days ago and it crashes each time I try and launch the two games downloaded from Game Pass. I can navigate all menus and options with no problems. But...
  4. 3 day old series x controller broken - have to return before replacement sent!

in XBoX on Consoles
    3 day old series x controller broken - have to return before replacement sent!: I was lucky enough to get hold of a series x last week, within 3 days the left bumper on the controller stopped working unless you applied force with two hands. I called MS Store as it was ordered...
  5. Bought game pass for PC 2 day ago. I now don't have it, and my account isn't old enough to...

in XboX Insiders
    Bought game pass for PC 2 day ago. I now don't have it, and my account isn't old enough to...: I dont even understand how this is possible. Bought game pass for PC on tuesday, was playing games that day and last night. Log in today, i no longer have game pass, and it says my account is too...
  6. 1 day old Xbox series controller already loose and squeaky

in XBoX on Consoles
    1 day old Xbox series controller already loose and squeaky: Hi, I recently purchased new xbox series controller for my xbox one. Today I noticed that the D pad is loose and RT is squeaking. Is this normal?, if so please let me know what to do. Thanks...
  7. Issues playing games on Xbox One (launch-day-old console)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues playing games on Xbox One (launch-day-old console): I received my Xbox One console second-hand from a friend of mine who got it used (from somebody I suspect but have no definite proof of having gotten it second-hand as well) so my console is very...
  8. Xbox elite series 2 disconnect from my xbox one x all the time, 1 day old controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 disconnect from my xbox one x all the time, 1 day old controller: Should i return the controller due to it not working? is there a fix. Yes i update my controller. 53091824-a591-4d01-abda-996f883c8ed1
  9. A Old friend from day camp 2018

in XBoX on Consoles
    A Old friend from day camp 2018: Microsoft. have you heard of an account called [mod removed]? Daniel is a friend I met at Summer day camp in July 2018. His account is called [mod removed] He does play Mega Man X Legacy...
  10. xbox one s 14 months old , 3 hours maximum per day a 9 and 7 year old playing and broken??...

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one s 14 months old , 3 hours maximum per day a 9 and 7 year old playing and broken??...: Hi Microsoft, Thanks for selling us a console that has lasted just over 14 months. I have since been advised to pay another £130 to have it repaired as your warranty has expired by 2 months. I...