80151901 Error. Persistent for MONTHS.

Discus and support 80151901 Error. Persistent for MONTHS. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How do I check out this "bridge mode" dealie? Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OrdealByFire, Mar 20, 2014.

  1. OrdealByFire
    OrdealByFire Guest

    80151901 Error. Persistent for MONTHS.


    How do I check out this "bridge mode" dealie?
     
    OrdealByFire, Apr 12, 2014
    #16
  2. OrdealByFire
    OrdealByFire Guest
    Did the bridge mode thing. It messed up my router for some unknown reason, so I had to reset to factory settings. My Wi-Fi works again, but my 360 still won't connect to Xbox LIVE.

    So that's cool.
     
    OrdealByFire, Apr 23, 2014
    #17
  3. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Does your Xbox still assign itself with the following IP, 169.254.x.x? If so, try connect your console with a different Ethernet cable. A defect cable can cause the electrical signal to degrade.

    I would also suggest that you try connect your console to a different LAN port on your router.

    If your console assign itself with a link-local address (169.254.0.0/16), it does so because it can't speak, or communicate directly with your router and in particularly, the DHCP server.

    Keep us posted!
     
    taidara, Apr 24, 2014
    #18
  4. OrdealByFire
    OrdealByFire Guest

    80151901 Error. Persistent for MONTHS.

    Hm. I wonder if it is the cable then? For some reason, yes, it is assigning that 169.254.x.x IP address, because that's what showed up again after a failed test. If it is the Ethernet cord, I'd not be completely surprised. I have been using the cord and
    adapter for my 360 since I used it for my PS2 about 9 or 10 years ago now.

    I'm not super savvy in this -- how do I choose a different LAN port? If you're suggesting what I think you are, I can't, as I'm using an old, old, old Arcade 360 with a Linksys Wireless-G Game Adapter.
     
    OrdealByFire, Oct 31, 2018
    #19
  5. OrdealByFire Win User

    80151901 Error. Persistent for MONTHS.

    Hm. I wonder if it is the cable then? For some reason, yes, it is assigning that 169.254.x.x IP address, because that's what showed up again after a failed test. If it is the Ethernet cord, I'd not be completely surprised. I have been using the cord and
    adapter for my 360 since I used it for my PS2 about 9 or 10 years ago now.

    I'm not super savvy in this -- how do I choose a different LAN port? If you're suggesting what I think you are, I can't, as I'm using an old, old, old Arcade 360 with a Linksys Wireless-G Game Adapter.
  6. OrdealByFire Win User

    80151901 Error. Persistent for MONTHS.

    How do I check out this "bridge mode" dealie?
  7. G34RH34D420 Win User

    80151901 Error. Persistent for MONTHS.

    i changed the mac address of my xbox to the same as router. This seem to fix my problem. Seem like some ddos attack or something.
  8. NolanTanzy Win User

    80151901 Error. Persistent for MONTHS.

    This happens to my OG xbox 360, But not my slim. Weird huh?
  9. DangerousBard Win User

    80151901 Error. Persistent for MONTHS.

    Hello,

    You should power off your modem and router and your PLC adapters for 5 minutes. Power on the modem and wait one minute for it to connect properly. Power on the router and wait another minute. Plug in your PLC adapters.

    Power on the Xbox and navigate to Xbox network settings. Select Configure Network and slide to the Additional Settings tab. Select Restore network settings to factory defaults. Press "B" on your controller and select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.

    Hope this helps you!
Thema:

80151901 Error. Persistent for MONTHS.

Loading...
  1. 80151901 Error. Persistent for MONTHS. - Similar Threads - 80151901 Error Persistent

  2. Error 80151901 - Xbox 360 Fails to Connect to Network

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Error 80151901 - Xbox 360 Fails to Connect to Network: Error 80151901 Hey all, So my xbox 360 has had troubles connecting to my internet, though my xbox one and other devices easily connect. I tried restarting my wifi, and changing some network...
  3. Xbox 360 Error 80151901

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Error 80151901: Can't sign in to XBox Live on my 360 all of a sudden. It was working fine and then the next day it gave me error code 80151901. I've gone through all the basic troubleshooting processes and...
  4. Error Code 80151901 - But network settings shows open NAT and all services as available!?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code 80151901 - But network settings shows open NAT and all services as available!?: Hi there, I haven't played a backwards compatible game for some time but since Forza Horizon was added to the list, I gave it another shot. Everything was working well until I noticed that I was...
  5. error 80151901

    in XBoX on Consoles
    error 80151901: I cant connect,is this a real error(search cant find it) or is it wifi related? e79f3786-6ae6-43f7-8ee0-f605b895fd75
  6. Error code 80151901 started 3 days ago

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80151901 started 3 days ago: I can't get online, even though my internet is working fine. I FOLLOWED the instructions on the xbox site for my error code, and now my profile is gone and I have lost ALL my save data, and I...
  7. Xbox code error 80151901

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox code error 80151901: every time I try to connect to my network it comes up with this error code 80151901. Was wandering how I can solve this ? ce7772ab-46e6-478a-a728-cadf214d4100
  8. Internet Error 80151901 please respond

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Internet Error 80151901 please respond: So I know that this is a Common problem that's hard to solve but I've had it twice and they only lasted for 5 days, first time I fixed it was when I was editing my avatar and saved my new changes...
  9. Error Code 80151901, Tried Everything

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Code 80151901, Tried Everything: Hey Xbox 360 Community, I have tried literally everything in order to rid myself of error code 80151901, but I have almost lost all hope and am tempted to try buying a new xbox. Does anyone have...
  10. Suddenly cannot connect to Xbox Live - Error 80151901 (IP Address Error)

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Suddenly cannot connect to Xbox Live - Error 80151901 (IP Address Error): Hi. So after googling solutions for close to a day straight now and finding nothing, I've decided to come here and ask and see if anyone can help me out. Basically, my xbox live was working fine...