8 second reoccurring audio cut outs DTS Surround Sound Xbox Series X to Sony A80J to...

Discus and support 8 second reoccurring audio cut outs DTS Surround Sound Xbox Series X to Sony A80J to... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I am tossing this out there right now as I am in the process of troubleshooting the issue with Sony support. Here is the setup: Xbox Series X (set to... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Triad330670, Jul 10, 2021.

1. 8 second reoccurring audio cut outs DTS Surround Sound Xbox Series X to Sony A80J to...

I am tossing this out there right now as I am in the process of troubleshooting the issue with Sony support. Here is the setup:

Xbox Series X (set to bitstream out, DTS Surround Sound) HDMI 2.1 -> Sony A80J (2021 Model set to passthrough, Digital Audio Output Auto 1) Optical cable -> Logitech Z5500.

With these settings I am getting discreet surround out of all channels but every 8.5 seconds I get a audio cut out. It also occurs through the TV speakers when I bypass the Logitech system.

Who else is having this issue and does anyone have a solution?

submitted by /u/Triad330670
    [link] [comments]

/u/Triad330670, Jul 10, 2021
  2. Triad330670
    Triad330670 New Member
    Hi people this is Triad the originator of this post, I put it up on the Insiders Reddit, so they must have moved it here after it didn't meet the conditions for the reddit.

Anywho, the problem still exists for me to this day. During my troubleshooting with Sony, I tested my Xbox One S plugged into the same HDMI 2.1 with the settings matching the Series X and it had 0 audio issues with DTS Surround Sound, weird. If lots of people are encountering this I may have to chalk it up to the Series X just not being as optimized as the One. I have a request open with Msoft/Xbox and asked them to set one of their test Series X to the same thing and check at home base if they have the issue. Will respond once they get back to me on this. I am also having a friend check on their unit too.

I want to say, if you are looking for a good alternative to the DTS for discreet 5.1, at least for me the "Uncompressed 5.1" passes through the TV to my Logitech with no problems and of the games I tested by doing pans in game in noisy areas the surround field definitely moves properly.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    Triad330670, Jul 27, 2021
  3. XBF-Spartan Win User

Dolby digital on XBOX Series X

Hi Ehsaan,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! We are sorry to hear about your issue and would like to help out. I have done some research on the soundbar in question LG SL6Y: 3.1 Channel Sound Bar w/DTS Virtual X & High Resolution Audio | LG USA and it appears that the soundbar does not support DTS:X or Dolby Atmos due to it not supporting 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound but is does support DTS: Virtual:X which the Series X does not.

With this particular soundbar your only audio option will be stereo uncompressed. I am linking the Xbox Support page concerning console audio settings so that you may see what your audio options are for your Series X console. Choosing speaker audio settings on your Xbox console | Xbox Support
  4. Pocket Lint Win User

5.1 setup help

Seeing the same issue on my end as well. Set the optical out to DTS, but receiver is not recognizing the audio stream with surround sound.
  5. Sal O Win User

Xbox One sends choppy audio signal to receiver

I have a Denton AVR 4306 and the best audio has been with DTS Surround and Surround Sound Beta enabled, no audio issues at all. I seem to remember 5.1 uncompressed not sounding very good,
  6. Eric333333 Win User

Xbox Series X will not output DTS Digital Surround from DVD's

The general audio settings on the Xbox do not impact the audio output from DVD's or Blu-ray discs. Movie discs already have the audio stored in multiple formats on selectable tracks. When I select one of those tracks in the DVD menus, the audio track is spit out directly to the audio receiver without any interpolation from the Xbox. This works correctly for every track I have tried, except DTS Digital Surround.

Btw, DTS Digital Surround is generally considered to be a superior format to Dolby Digital. This is why DTS Digital Surround is commonly found on special editions of DVD's of high intensity action movies, which feature loud sound effects.
  7. DocHolliday 7 Win User

dts digital surround vs 5.1 uncompressed dolby

Mine has both - DTS-HD Master Audio and up to 7.1 channel surround sound.
Thema:

8 second reoccurring audio cut outs DTS Surround Sound Xbox Series X to Sony A80J to...

1. 8 second reoccurring audio cut outs DTS Surround Sound Xbox Series X to Sony A80J to... - Similar Threads - second reoccurring audio

2. Dropped Xbox off shelf now it power zone for 10 seconds and power out back off what can I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dropped Xbox off shelf now it power zone for 10 seconds and power out back off what can I...: Yes I dropped my Xbox One off the shelf and now at power zone for 10 seconds shows a Xbox One logo and power is off so there's no trouble shooting can be done any ideas Would be greatly...
  3. How do I use a second wireless controller on my xbox one for my 6 yr old twins to be able...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I use a second wireless controller on my xbox one for my 6 yr old twins to be able...: My boys are trying to play 2 player on Paw Patrol World on Game Pass. I got a new controller so that they could do this but cant figure out how to get the second co troller off of player one...
  4. I got suspended for the second time how many days is that for?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got suspended for the second time how many days is that for?: Help me plz so I got suspended for the second time and I Wondering how many days is that 3791a1d9-b099-490e-b1eb-7e9e051d74ea
  5. Any fixes to stop xbox from disconnecting from internet for around 5 seconds?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any fixes to stop xbox from disconnecting from internet for around 5 seconds?: Hello, My Xbox Series X will every couple hours disconnect from the internet, kicking me from my party and online game. This happens for around 5 seconds, then I'm back online. As you may know...
  6. How much will microsoft charge me to fix my broken power button on a second gen xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How much will microsoft charge me to fix my broken power button on a second gen xbox one?: I have two problems I have a Xbox one with a broken power button and it needs replaced. how much will Microsoft charge me to fix it? f5f243a5-1f00-492e-b0d4-6a84d59d0133
  7. when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for some seconds but my xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for some seconds but my xbox...: when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for few seconds but my xbox power is still off? 7e37215c-275b-493b-8610-7066d7a7bb0b
  8. My PXN V9 steering wheel connects on xbox for a second (red light indicator) and then it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My PXN V9 steering wheel connects on xbox for a second (red light indicator) and then it...: I just got my steering wheel and connected it to my xbox but the red light turned on for a second, indicating connection, and then turned right off. I tried it with my laptop to see if it was the...
  9. Xbox One S turns on for 1-2 seconds and immediately shuts down.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S turns on for 1-2 seconds and immediately shuts down.: Whenever I try to turn on my Xbox One S it’ll turn on for two seconds then shut down immediately. I think it might be a problem with the power supply but I’m still not sure and I was wondering if...
  10. I just got an second hand xbox 360 but the internet and xbox live dont work please help i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got an second hand xbox 360 but the internet and xbox live dont work please help i...: Please help [img] e26eafb7-5c77-4439-82c7-628498dfa87d