7.1 on Xbox one

Discus and support 7.1 on Xbox one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Does Xbox one support 7.1 yet. I see in the setting that it has the 7.1 option but so far all I'm getting is 5.1 surround and that's because I'm using... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PEABLES, Jan 2, 2014.

1. PEABLES
    PEABLES Guest

7.1 on Xbox one

Does Xbox one support 7.1 yet. I see in the setting that it has the 7.1 option but so far all I'm getting is 5.1 surround and that's because I'm using an optical cable for sound. Please help I have lost two speakers of sound since day one grrr.

:)

PEABLES, Jan 2, 2014
  2. Tritton Warheads

WARHEAD™ 7.1 dont work on the xbox one

M1KE OXLONG911, Jan 2, 2014
  3. manuel_970
    manuel_970 Guest
    dolby 7.1 with windows sonic for headset

Hello, online there are headphones with the virtual 7.1 Dolby that need a software to work only on PC. Can these headphones use dolby 7.1 even with windows sonic? For example, do the logitech g430 (with a possible adapter) use dolby
    7.1 with windows sonic on xbox one? Instead, other headphones like the logitech g633 that support the real 7.1 dolby, in theory, could I use them on xbox one?

manuel_970, Jan 2, 2014
  4. s33r Win User

Will it be 7.1 surround sound if i play xbox console companion on pc with 7.1 headset

I'm planning to buy logitech g933 because it 7.1 surround sound.I want to use 7.1 surround sound on xbox one.The xbox one can't use usb headset.Yeah,Xbox have dobly atmos but not very games.Most the games i play doesn't support dobly atmos.I think studio
    for fps games are still bad for me.Games like call of duty blank ops 4 And battlefield 5 that doesn't support dobly atmos.So i want to know that if i connect xbox console companion(PC) to play xbox one on pc.Will it be 7.1 surround sound if i use 7.1 headset
    plug to my pc?
    If I'm understanding you correctly you'll be using this headset on PC to play Xbox One games streamed from your Xbox One using the console companion? With the headset on PC it's a fake 7.1 anyway simulated by software, if the games don't have a mix for 7.1
    then no, it won't be able to do 7.1. You may get the surround sound mix it has but, again, it's simulated by the software for the headset.
  5. M1KE OXLONG911 Win User

Tritton Warheads

WARHEAD™ 7.1 dont work on the xbox one
  6. Private P4R Win User

Tritton 7.1 support

So Far The Chat With THe 7.1 Does Not Work With The Xbox ONe. The Audio Works Perfect For Any Game With The One. No One Currently KnowS If The Chat Could Work With THe One It Could Be The Xbox Is Not Responding To THe Headset. Either The Xbox One Needs
    An Update To Allow This Or The 7.1 Needs An Extra Piece ThaT Allows The Chat To Work.
  7. jmcode Win User

This whole HDMI bitrate vs 7.1 uncompressed is driving me nuts?!?! What is the best/correct setting?!?!

The setting of 7.1 uncompressed is best because it eliminates both the need for the One to encode the uncompressed multichannel PCM audio to a bitstream and the need for the receiver to decode that bitstream back to uncompressed PCM. I am not sure whether
    any Xbox One games have true, discrete 7.1 audio. However, if a game only supports discrete 5.1, I would think the One would (when set to 7.1) expand it to 7.1 by a similar matrix process as your receiver. Alternatively, you could try setting the One to
    5.1 uncompressed and see if your receiver can be set to a listening/processing mode that expands it to 7.1 via its own matrix process.
  8. UniformEwe68051 Win User

Getting 7.1 sound on a Samsung HT-F9730W 7.1-Channel HT system.

I am having the same issue. I can only get 5.1 sound from the Xbox One. I have to use another port on my receiver to my Blue Ray player and PC. The only 7.1 sound I can get is PCM 7.1 not Dolby TrueHD 7.1.
Thema:

7.1 on Xbox one