4k updates are beyond confusing!!

Discus and support 4k updates are beyond confusing!! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, I am very confused about the 4k updates for games. Call of Duty WW2 is not listed as an enhanced game on my system but it says scorpio assets are... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BRIANKAMMERER, Nov 8, 2017.

  1. 4k updates are beyond confusing!!


    So, I am very confused about the 4k updates for games. Call of Duty WW2 is not listed as an enhanced game on my system but it says scorpio assets are installed. Halo 5 is listed under enhanced games but says Durango assets installed. Tomb Raider is listed
    under enhanced but has no assets as being installed. If I go to game management none of my titles are listed as 4k enhanced and the options to adjust 4k in Tomb Raider are greyed out. Any help would be appreciated.

    :)
     
    BRIANKAMMERER, Nov 8, 2017
    #1
  2. WARRIOR I M
    WARRIOR I M Guest
    WARRIOR I M, Nov 8, 2017
    #2
  3. HeroBrine in Minecraft Xbox 360 Edittion?

    i think people are confusing "DLC" and "update"... updates are free, DLC costs (most times).
     
    PwnageTacoz12, Nov 8, 2017
    #3
  4. 4k updates are beyond confusing!!

    How are you checking if you have 4K assets installed? All I can do is go to manage game and see the game and DLC installed...is there a secret way to do this?
     
    XxBlOoDfAllsxX, Nov 8, 2017
    #4
  5. J3RS3Y DEVIL
    J3RS3Y DEVIL Guest
    Psst. Secret way ahead. 4k updates are beyond confusing!! :)

    Hi fellow X owners,

    To see if your 4K assets are installed:

    Select the game from the games section, press the following on your controller at the same time: RB+LB+Start+Select.

    A screen will show up for the game. If you see "Project Scorpio" under Assets Installed, you have the 4K updates.

    Some have reported uninstalling and re-installing the game will trigger the update.

    4k updates are beyond confusing!! [​IMG]
     
    J3RS3Y DEVIL, Nov 9, 2017
    #5
  6. I uninstalled Tomb Raider which showed no assets downloaded but was 50 GB. I reinstalled Tomb Raider and it now says "scorpio" assets installed but the game is only 30GB. What is going on here??
     
    BRIANKAMMERER, Nov 9, 2017
    #6
  7. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest
    Hey x TVs Frank x! We’re aware that for some users, games aren’t being filtered as Xbox One X Enhanced in ‘My games and apps.’ To check if a game is Xbox One X Enhanced, simply launch the title. If there is an update, the game will take it and still run
    as an Enhanced version, though for some users it won’t appear under the Xbox One X Enhanced filter. You can also check if a game is available on the Xbox One X Enhanced landing page-
    Xbox One X Enhanced Games List | HDR, Ultra HD, & 4K Gaming. The team is working to resolve the issue. Thanks!


    _______________________________________________________



    Xbox Forums Staff

    Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

    HERE
    for the best info.
     
    Mister Cizl, Nov 9, 2017
    #7
  8. 4k updates are beyond confusing!!

    I launched the game but no update. Tomb raider is still only 30GB. Is there a list of the sizes of games after they have been updated?
     
    BRIANKAMMERER, Nov 9, 2017
    #8
  9. Tried MS support, both twitter and chat. Completely useless!! They told me that crystal dynamics basically hid the 4k assets in the 30GB. Asked why it used to be 50GB and no answer. Would it really have been so hard to place a little "4k" symbol behind games
    that have 4k assets? Or give us the ability to d/l the update ourselves? MS doesn't seem to test anything(Halo anyone) they just assume everything will work.
     
    BRIANKAMMERER, Nov 9, 2017
    #9
  10. The "Manage Game" page was showing whether 4k assets were installed for me before, but now it's not displayed for any games, including ones it previously did. Was that feature removed in the last update, or is that only displayed on the Xbox One? It is pretty
    confusing at the moment as to what's happening... but maybe the game will only run on the Xbox One X if the 4k assets are installed, as I think I may have heard that somewhere? That would mean they don't need to display if they're installed or not.
     
    Tom Montgomery, Nov 1, 2018
    #10
  11. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

    4k updates are beyond confusing!!

    Psst. Secret way ahead. :)

    Hi fellow X owners,

    To see if your 4K assets are installed:

    Select the game from the games section, press the following on your controller at the same time: RB+LB+Start+Select.

    A screen will show up for the game. If you see "Project Scorpio" under Assets Installed, you have the 4K updates.

    Some have reported uninstalling and re-installing the game will trigger the update.

    [​IMG]
  12. XxBlOoDfAllsxX Win User

    4k updates are beyond confusing!!

    How are you checking if you have 4K assets installed? All I can do is go to manage game and see the game and DLC installed...is there a secret way to do this?
  13. Mister Cizl Win User

    4k updates are beyond confusing!!

    Hey x TVs Frank x! We’re aware that for some users, games aren’t being filtered as Xbox One X Enhanced in ‘My games and apps.’ To check if a game is Xbox One X Enhanced, simply launch the title. If there is an update, the game will take it and still run
    as an Enhanced version, though for some users it won’t appear under the Xbox One X Enhanced filter. You can also check if a game is available on the Xbox One X Enhanced landing page-
    http://xbx.lv/2yrirnJ. The team is working to resolve the issue. Thanks!


    _______________________________________________________



    Xbox Forums Staff

    Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

    HERE
    for the best info.
  14. Tom Montgomery Win User

    4k updates are beyond confusing!!

    The "Manage Game" page was showing whether 4k assets were installed for me before, but now it's not displayed for any games, including ones it previously did. Was that feature removed in the last update, or is that only displayed on the Xbox One? It is pretty
    confusing at the moment as to what's happening... but maybe the game will only run on the Xbox One X if the 4k assets are installed, as I think I may have heard that somewhere? That would mean they don't need to display if they're installed or not.
  15. BRIANKAMMERER Win User

    4k updates are beyond confusing!!

    I launched the game but no update. Tomb raider is still only 30GB. Is there a list of the sizes of games after they have been updated?
Thema:

4k updates are beyond confusing!!

Loading...
  1. 4k updates are beyond confusing!! - Similar Threads - updates are beyond

  2. Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug

    in XboX Insiders
    Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug: Hello, I recently moved from the Omega preview to the Delta preview. I just turned on my XBOX and was sent through initial setup again after installing a forced 4.1GB manual update. It's led me...
  3. Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab

    in XboX Insiders
    Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab: Not sure why this happened but when I go to my games and apps now there are my usual installed games, plus a bunch of games I've played but don't have installed taking up space. I can press...
  4. October 2, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha (2610.260930-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    October 2, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha (2610.260930-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 2, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha (2610.260930-2200) Feel...
  5. October 2, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260930-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    October 2, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260930-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 2, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead...
  6. October 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Beta (2610.260928-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Beta (2610.260928-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Beta (2610.260928-2200) Feel free...
  7. October 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Omega (2608.260927-0830)

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Omega (2608.260927-0830): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Omega (2608.260927-0830) Feel...
  8. October 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Delta (2610.260928-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Delta (2610.260928-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Delta (2610.260928-2200) Feel...
  9. I'm in Delta but still haven't received the Mythic Achievements update

    in XboX Insiders
    I'm in Delta but still haven't received the Mythic Achievements update: Basically, I was in the Xbox Insider Program years ago, and I joined again when I found out Mythic Achievements had been added. I’m in the Delta ring, but I still haven’t received the update. Is...
  10. September 30, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260928-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    September 30, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260928-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 30, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead...