4k UHD at 120 Hz

Discus and support 4k UHD at 120 Hz in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a 70 inch samsung tv that is capable of 4k UHD at 120Hz. However my xbox series s says my tv setup does not support it. I am using the HDMI cord... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Emmanuel d1, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Emmanuel d1
    Emmanuel d1 Guest

4k UHD at 120 Hz

I have a 70 inch samsung tv that is capable of 4k UHD at 120Hz. However my xbox series s says my tv setup does not support it. I am using the HDMI cord that came with the xbox series s. How do i fix this?

:)

Emmanuel d1, Feb 3, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

4k UHD at 120 Hz

please provide us with the model number of the television,
  3. ngocphi Win User

4k UHD at 120 Hz

Well no Series s doesn't do 4k

It can upscale video to 4k but generally you are capped at 1440p 90hz you can do 120hz at less resolution

The series s is underpowered for native 4k

It can't play games at 4k and will only stream media content at upscalled 4k

You would need ps5 or series x for 4k 120hz

And even then very few games will do 120fps Most will drop frames till people learn the next gen platforms

Cod and ea and ms or sony have no issues at those framerates though calisto protocol is bad for Frame rates

Most developers will only do 4k 60fps
  4. Emmanuel d1 Win User

4k UHD at 120 Hz

Model number is : UN70TU7000BXZ
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

144hz monitor doesn't work with 120hz

Hey SFL!

The Xbox One X is capped at 120Hz at 1080p and 1440p resolutions, but can do 4k UHD at 60 Hz. Unfortunately the Xbox cannot go higher than 120 Hz at the moment.

By any chance does your monitor have a setting to dial it down to 120 Hz?

I would also look over this article for display settings explanations: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/adjust-display-settings.

Let us know if that helps.
  6. Bandido1508 Win User

What do you play on?

65 inch Samsung 4K 120 hz refresh
Thema:

4k UHD at 120 Hz

1. 4k UHD at 120 Hz - Similar Threads - UHD 120

2. Bush 50 inch smart 4k uhd qled Xbox one X help

in XBoX on Windows
    Bush 50 inch smart 4k uhd qled Xbox one X help: Today I bought my son a Bush 50 inch smart 4k uhd qled. But trying to play the Xbox one X on it the screen has like a weird blurry line going through it when moving up and down on the home screen...
  3. How do I make Dolby vision become active on 4 k uhd disc play back even when allow box has...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I make Dolby vision become active on 4 k uhd disc play back even when allow box has...: Allow box has been ticked in settings and tv is capable but playback is only in HDR , fidelity is also in 30bit 46cab499-b1d8-449d-98ea-b0b349abd034
  4. Hdr 10 and auto stopped working after last update, when is it's a 4k UHD TV

in XBoX on Windows
    Hdr 10 and auto stopped working after last update, when is it's a 4k UHD TV: Hdr 10 and auto stopped working after last update the box in settings now says my tv no longer supports. Hdr10 when is its a 4k uhd tv 78a7612c-ef3b-42bd-9b45-bd3f8c816bb4
  5. Are we any closer to solving the UHD bluray issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are we any closer to solving the UHD bluray issue?: It is now Aug 2023, and no one still has any answers or reasons why certain UHD discs wont work on Xbox Series X. I have John Wick 4 and it will not play. I called tech support, and the gist of...
  6. Gaming Settings On Monitor And 4K UHD Smart TV

in XboX Insiders
    Gaming Settings On Monitor And 4K UHD Smart TV: I have a Gaming monitor and a 75” 4K UHD Smart TV that supports HDR and FPS when going to Manage Compatibility options for games it will say HDR is not supported by your tv and FPS is not...
  7. Minecraft refuses to use 3060Ti despite changing graphics settings and stays on Intel UHD...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft refuses to use 3060Ti despite changing graphics settings and stays on Intel UHD...: If this is the wrong place please do tell me. So I have read about changing the preferred GPU within the graphics settings on windows 11 and I have done so, for not only the javaw but also all...
  8. Dolby Vision for 4K UHD Blu-ray and why not...

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Vision for 4K UHD Blu-ray and why not...: There are some people's that doesn't understand this is a gaming console not a "Blu-ray" player. 1. Xbox doesn't need a license to play Dolby Atmos content from 4K UHD Blu-ray, that's already...
  9. XBOX series X will not play 4K UHD disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX series X will not play 4K UHD disc: I insert a 4K UHD disc into the drive and I receive a message asking me to insert the proper disc type. I have removed the disc and re-inserted the disc as well as powered the unit off and...
  10. Xbox One X won't let me display 4k UHD and a 120 Hz refresh rate at the same time

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X won't let me display 4k UHD and a 120 Hz refresh rate at the same time: As the title says, I've been trying to fix this problem off and on for months since I bought my new TV. I've even contacted Xbox support on multiple occasions, for hours at a time, only to be hung...