4K not working with splitter

Discus and support 4K not working with splitter in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A while ago I got a new 4K monitor, a Samsung UE510. From what I understands it has two ports that support 4K, one at 30hz one at 60hz. My Xbox has... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by All NighterLong, Apr 1, 2019.

  1. 4K not working with splitter


    A while ago I got a new 4K monitor, a Samsung UE510.

    From what I understands it has two ports that support 4K, one at 30hz one at 60hz. My Xbox has had no issues upscaling resolution to that when directly wired.

    However, because I have multiple devices that support 4K I got a HDMI switch too. One that specifically supports 4K at 60hz, which my Xbox requires. Plug it in. All my other 4K devices have no issue. However my Xbox displays a black screen or when
    I send it off to low res mode, says my monitor doesn’t support 4K.

    I’ve tried new switches, hdmi cables, switching ports. But to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

    :)
     
    All NighterLong, Apr 1, 2019
    #1
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

    4K not working with splitter

    Ake sure you ate using a gold plated hdmi2.0 cable

    But not directly feeding the hdmi into the tv does affect recognition

    Also spliting s signal is never the best solution
    Why do you keep saying this rubbish??

    The Xbox One X already comes with a high speed HDMI cable, it's not 'Gold Plated' and works perfectly well for 4K and HDR at 60Hz.

    Changing the cable won't make any difference here. The issue is with the switcher.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

    4K not working with splitter

    I'm not sure why it is, but I've used a few switch boxes over the last few years with various levels of success. I've had switch boxes that worked great with my old displays, but then didn't work with my new one.

    Thing is, if you look on sites like Amazon, you'll find so many of these things its mind boggling!
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

    4K not working with splitter

    Hi,

    Unfortunately not all HDMI switch boxes are created equal. Does this switcher say it supports HDMI 2.0 and HDR?

    This maybe the reason why it's not working perhaps.
  5. WPAK Win User

    4K not working with splitter

    Hi there,

    it won't be a solution, but a possible issue would be that the communication between console and monitor(or TV) is hindered by the switch(es) resulting in it not recognizing each other properly.

    I'm not sure if there is anything that can solve it though.

    In case you are participating in the Xbox Insider Program then be sure to report the issue.
  6. ngocphi Win User

    4K not working with splitter

    Ake sure you ate using a gold plated hdmi2.0 cable

    But not directly feeding the hdmi into the tv does affect recognition

    Also spliting s signal is never the best solution
Thema:

4K not working with splitter

Loading...
  1. 4K not working with splitter - Similar Threads - working splitter

  2. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  3. no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??

    in XboX Insiders
    no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??: recently i 100% minecraft xbox one edition it says ive 100% it but the mythic hasent popped i got all the achevements (87/87) and the gamerscore is 2025/2025 but it still says im missing an...
  4. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  5. The Quick resume in Call of Duty Cold War doesn't work.

    in XboX Insiders
    The Quick resume in Call of Duty Cold War doesn't work.: Currently in the Skip-Ahead ring the quick resume of Call of Duty Cold War is not working. Instead it happens as on Xbox One, when you change the game it closes having to open it and load it...
  6. Report a problem button not working properly.

    in XboX Insiders
    Report a problem button not working properly.: I hold the Xbox button and push “report a problem” it says “gathering information” but that’s as far as it goes. It’s ironic to me that the report a problem button is causing issues. submitted by...
  7. Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.: Hi Xbox, I am trying to get the disc to digital on my Series X. However, I am unable to join Insider peogram and don't get the option for Delta Update submitted by /u/FarBath3275 [link] [comments]
  8. CoD WWII works with the new Disc to Digital Media

    in XboX Insiders
    CoD WWII works with the new Disc to Digital Media: I went through all of my Xbox One games to see which of them worked. The first game I tried was CoD WWII cause that’s my go to daily CoD game has been for a while, so I updated my Xbox since I was...
  9. Can't get Xbox One to work with 50ft HDMI or 4K splitter

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't get Xbox One to work with 50ft HDMI or 4K splitter: Has anyone had any luck with long HDMI cable runs and the xbox one. I have a Theater and really want to enjoy 4k on my 55". The components are approximately 40ft from the screen. I have ordered...
  10. Will Connecting Xbox One To TV and Cable Box Work Via HDMI Splitter?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Connecting Xbox One To TV and Cable Box Work Via HDMI Splitter?: I only have 1 HDMI port on my DishTv Cable Box, it's what I use to connect it to my TV. To watch TV on my Xbox I have to run an HDMI cord from Xbox to the cable box but I only have 1 HDMI port...