4K not automatically recognized

Discus and support 4K not automatically recognized in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just purchased a skyworth qled tv, model 55SUE9500, and i plugged in my xbox series x, and ps5 to hdmi ports one and two respectively. Ps5 works fine... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by C M BLITZ, May 14, 2024.

1. C M BLITZ
    C M BLITZ Guest

I just purchased a skyworth qled tv, model 55SUE9500, and i plugged in my xbox series x, and ps5 to hdmi ports one and two respectively. Ps5 works fine no problem with hdr, but the other port with the xbox isn't recognizing 4kuhd. When i went to display settings i see the option to select 4k resolution, but when i do it stays locked in 1080p. The 4k details are basically no across the board, and even when i switched to the other known working port. I tried another cable too, so im confused at what i can do. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

C M BLITZ, May 14, 2024
  2. GoldCGGaming Win User

Best Xbox X gaming monitor?

I have a insignia 4k TV and it automatically recognized that it was 4k and set the TV to 4k when I turn the console on.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

I know virtually nothing about products from 'Skyworth', but even on much larger manufacturers such as Sony and Samsung, not all of the HDMI ports on TV's have full 4K and HDR features. Many TV's only have them on one port. Your manual may explain which ports have the full 4K feature set.

If it doesn't you'll need an HDMI port extender. Be aware, you'll need one that fully supports 4K HDR at 60Hz
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi C M, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Checking the TV website, it does support 4K and HDR+10: https://skyworth.co.za/product/sue9500-55/

[​IMG]

Please, reset your console, make sure you are using the HDMI cable tha came witht he console.

Before you continue, make sure you've got the account sign-in information. You'll need it to log back into your console after the reset.

You can follow these steps:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Select Reset and keep my games & apps.

Let me know if it works!

Source:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults
  5. KayKay Lavan Win User

Xbox One S doesn't recognise 4K compatibility on a 4K projector

No, I don't have to. The projector automatically recognises 4K. There is no option to activate. I didn't have to for other devices like Apple TV 4K and Firestick 4K. They were automatically recognised with 4K HDR.
  6. CrystalWynn Win User

4K setup for XBOX ONE X w/Sony Bravia X800G

I’ll try to get to some screen shots of settings I’m currently on and screens I’m getting. Basically the HDMI smart function on the Xbox One X recognizes it as 4k @60hz capable, but if i try to switch the resolution from 1080 to 4k UHD, it wont accept
    that setting. Also i can try in another port but husband wont keep xbox set up that way since the TV speakers suck...lol. I’m just curious if i keep the allow 4k content option checked but resolution is @1080 on xbox, if i put in a 4k movie will it automatically
    switch to 4k resolution, just not true UHD color settings?
Thema:

1. 4K not automatically recognized - Similar Threads - automatically recognized

2. Xbox app PC automatically updating games

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app PC automatically updating games: i turned off auto updating but app doesn't care submitted by /u/Soroush_ [link] [comments]
  3. XBox One is automatically clicking right

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One is automatically clicking right: Hello guys, my Xbox One Model 1540 is not working properly. It automatically clicks right. When I try to click to the left, it automatically clicks right again. Let me elaborate that with the...
  4. need help fixing xbox voice chat automatically being set to one

in XBoX on Windows
    need help fixing xbox voice chat automatically being set to one: While i was in an xbox voice chat with some friends on pc, i changed the voice chat volume and once I did the xbox voice chat volume was set to one in the volume mixer and i couldn't change it. I...
  5. Why are games not automatically updating even when the checkbox is checked in settings?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are games not automatically updating even when the checkbox is checked in settings?: Everytime a game needs to update it gets stuck in the updates section until I click update all, even though under the updates settings I have the checkbox checked for auto updating? Xbox Series X...
  6. Games closed by the automatic shutoff timer don't show the Quit option

in XboX Insiders
    Games closed by the automatic shutoff timer don't show the Quit option: Usually games in Quick Resume can be closed by pressing menu on them and selecting Quit. That option is missing if your console was shut off by the inactivity timer. submitted by /u/MissingNerd...
  7. Why is my Xbox 360 saying “When conneected to Xbox Live, the clock is set automatically and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my Xbox 360 saying “When conneected to Xbox Live, the clock is set automatically and...: Every time I go to Clock on my Xbox 360 absolutely everything is right Daylighg Saving is on I am in the right Time Zone and I have the right Time Format but the weird part is is that the time is...
  8. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  9. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  10. Is it possible to disable the automatic power on of my XSX when i turn on my xbox wireless...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to disable the automatic power on of my XSX when i turn on my xbox wireless...: I have a Xbox wireless headset, and when I power on it my Xbox also turn on, even if i'm using the headset in bluetooth. Is there is any option to disabled that ?...