: 4K Displays correctly, but immediately reverts to 1080p

Discus and support : 4K Displays correctly, but immediately reverts to 1080p in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : 4K Displays correctly, but immediately reverts to 1080p This does not help. The link basically states to look through TV settings and try different... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by Stevemallow, May 18, 2021.

1. Stevemallow
    Stevemallow Guest

This does not help. The link basically states to look through TV settings and try different HDMI cables, both of which I have already done.

This link also assumes that's 4k does not display properly with an error message that only appears after selecting 'no' when asked whether the screen is displaying correctly (or not selecting an answer for 20 seconds). My screen is able to display correctly, I select 'yes' when asked and the system returns to the settings menu with 1080p still selected. I have not found any other mention online of the console ignoring your selection and retaining the previous resolution. This is why I have created a forum post after being unable to find any other instances of this issue.

:)

Stevemallow, May 18, 2021
  2. joushsh12
    joushsh12 New Member
    Thanks for info too, my sister have this problem : 4K Displays correctly, but immediately reverts to 1080p :rolleyes:

joushsh12, Oct 27, 2021
  3. Stevemallow Win User

This does not help. The link basically states to look through TV settings and try different HDMI cables, both of which I have already done.

This link also assumes that's 4k does not display properly with an error message that only appears after selecting 'no' when asked whether the screen is displaying correctly (or not selecting an answer for 20 seconds). My screen is able to display correctly, I select 'yes' when asked and the system returns to the settings menu with 1080p still selected. I have not found any other mention online of the console ignoring your selection and retaining the previous resolution. This is why I have created a forum post after being unable to find any other instances of this issue.
  4. XBF Mohammed C Win User

4K Displays correctly, but immediately reverts to 1080p

5. PianoIvy346074 Win User

4k Not Working on Seiki Pro SM28UTR

Thank you for the quick reply. I am using the HDMI 2.0 designated port (HDMI 1) as identified in the user's manual. Additionally, I am able to get 4k to display using a different 4k source with this same HDMI port.

One other note, when I enable 4K support in Xbox settings it switches to 4K, but when I say "yes" to keep the settings it reverts back to 1080p @60Hz every time.
  6. Adrenaline Seed Win User

LG HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color issue (Screen flickering)

I can also confirm this. I have an LG 4k Display. I had to enable deep color to use 4k, HDR10 is not an option with my monitor but it was not in the specs so I was not expecting it, just the 4k resolution.

The xbox started flickering immediately and stopped when using 1080p resolution. I found this post and tried using a cheap walmart HDMI cable instead of the provided cable, the flickering went away and I can run 4k. The provided cable appears to be a 1080p
    only cable (if such a thing exists), they should have marked it, especially with the first 4k console.
  7. T3chnlgydude Win User

4K content

The Xbox One will only output at 1080p

The Xbox One S features 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, 4K video streaming and High Dynamic Range (HDR) for games and video. In addition to supporting 4K video content when used in conjunction with a 4K TV, Xbox One S will also upscale non-4K content
    to display at 4K when paired with a 4K TV. When you set your console resolution to 4K UHD, everything on the console — Home, games, and apps—will display at 4K. 4K content is displayed in its native 4K resolution, and other content (like 1080p content) is
    upscaled to 4K.

The Xbox One X - 4K content is displayed in its native 4K resolution, and other content (like games encoded for 1080p) is upscaled to 4K

More info:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/4k-on-xbox-one
Thema:

1. : 4K Displays correctly, but immediately reverts to 1080p - Similar Threads - Displays correctly immediately

2. the Rewards page is displaying incorrectly

in XBoX on Consoles
    the Rewards page is displaying incorrectly: the Rewards page is displaying incorrectly, how do i fix it? [img] c35198f1-e86e-47c5-9e7c-24d0d6e97404
  3. Im desperate to know how to fix code 43 on device manager (display adapter)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im desperate to know how to fix code 43 on device manager (display adapter): [img] I uninstall reinstall ,update a lot from cmd and from settings, I looked at device manager so I unabled and reinabled, I cant roll back because this was my first one it might be directx or...
  4. Xbox displays 1440p option for 1080p monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox displays 1440p option for 1080p monitor: I got a new xbox series s and I was messing with the display settings until I found that it shows me 1440p as an option in display settings in xbox on my 1080@120hz monitor but only in 60hz and...
  5. My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...: My Xbox will turn out won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then shuts off. Sometimes my controller won’t turn on Xbox when pressed. a7794a97-d071-4bea-8c1b-451884ede433
  6. Xbox One S, I am trying to use 2 displays side x side as one larger display. How can I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S, I am trying to use 2 displays side x side as one larger display. How can I...: Trying to " PC " my setup a bit. Wanting to run my xbox video stretching across 2 32" monitors. Like my PC screen. There has to be a way? 80ada3d2-1f33-4bba-9e2a-4794da8112b3
  7. Colors displayed on screen when using the Xbox are weird

in XboX Insiders
    Colors displayed on screen when using the Xbox are weird: Hey. Wish I could post attachments to better show my issues. But I’ll describe it best as I can The display on the tv is fine until I swap to the Xbox. Once I get to the login screen and anything...
  8. Add HDR10 For 1080P Display, not just 4K!!!

in XboX Insiders
    Add HDR10 For 1080P Display, not just 4K!!!: Please add hdr10 for 1080p and 2k display, not just only 4k display Everybody really needs it! submitted by /u/Academic_Ad7505 [link] [comments]
  9. why does the minecraft launcher keep displaying this error message ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why does the minecraft launcher keep displaying this error message ?: hello ! i bought minecraft two days ago and have been greeted with the error code "(-2015294512)" every time i have tried to launch the game. i've linked a video below to show what's going on....
  10. English language isn't displayed correctly.

in XBoX on Windows
    English language isn't displayed correctly.: The Display in certain Menus on My Xbox looks wrong. Very Russian language looking. Menus such as the Restart, Shutdown menu, the Notifications in the Xbox Menu & the Syncing Saved Games in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox 4k resets to 1080ntv setti gs