4k discs on xbox s one

Discus and support 4k discs on xbox s one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just wondering if there is a list of films that are not compatible with the system. Tried a disc the other day- Once upon a time in Hollywood and the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AnnaChristianson1, Jan 12, 2020.

  1. 4k discs on xbox s one


    Just wondering if there is a list of films that are not compatible with the system. Tried a disc the other day- Once upon a time in Hollywood and the machine came back with an errors saying please make the the disc inserted is a bluray or dvd. Sort of
    shocked and disappointed but from the forums I found, this is an already known issue to numerous users.

    :)
     
    AnnaChristianson1, Jan 12, 2020
    #1
  2. gds1972 Win User

    Are there any plans to make Xbox One compatible with 4k discs and games?

    Hi

    The Xbox One can't play 4K Blu ray discs at a hardware level and a firmware update will not be able to add this feature to the console. You will need to purchase an Xbox One S to be able to play 4K discs.
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

    Xbox One S doesn't recognise 4K compatibility on a 4K projector

    I believe that the Xbox One S can only do 4K through media, such as 4K blu-ray disc's / Netflix and so on,

    If trying to play games at 4K, you need the Xbox One X.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

    Why is all digital called an S model?

    By the way "is it true?"

    "Yes it's true. .....This Xbox has no disc." .)
    I understood that Ghostbusters reference! (At least I hope you're referring to Ghostbusters here).

    As the others already explained: S stands for "Slim", as the S model was "slimmer" than the original Xbox One.

    And the "Xbox One S all digital edition" is able to play streaming
    4K content. 4k doesn't necessarily require a 4K BluRay disc.

    Netflix and Amazon Prime Video (and probably other streaming services) already feature streaming 4K content the One S and One S All Digital Edition (and the One X) can play.
  5. luissolid Win User

    4K

    If you want to see a 4K Movies (streaming/disc) you will need to have a 4K TV. (With Xbox One S and X)

    Also if you want to play a game on 4K the game need to be 4K compatible and a 4K TV (only with Xbox One X)

    Regards!
  6. RandyAU93 Win User

    How does the xbox one s know to upscale or input game info to 4k, if the games are not the 4k version?

    Xbox One S outputs game content at 1080p and with an HDR color palette, if the game supports it. So no, you are not seeing it in 4K. If you want to see the compatible game in 4K resolution, you would need to use Xbox One X.

    However, Xbox One S will output video content in 4K, such as UltraHD 4K Blu-ray discs and 4K content from streaming services like Netflix.
Thema:

4k discs on xbox s one

Loading...
  1. 4k discs on xbox s one - Similar Threads - discs

  2. Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access)

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access): Make sure you restart your Xbox don't just turn it on and off. submitted by /u/AstroZombie1 [link] [comments]
  3. No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring: When I insert the disc and try to open the menu, I'm not seeing any option to claim the digital license at all. If I look at the file info, I get a lot of information about the content/product id...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026: Hello XBOX Insiders! After the Announcement about the new Disc to Digital feature, it has begun rolling out to XBOX Insiders enrolled in the XBOX Update Preview. Please use this thread for all...
  6. I applied for insiders for disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    I applied for insiders for disc to digital: I applied four days ago and still haven't got the update. How much longer will I have to wait? Any advice is highly appreciated :) submitted by /u/Icy-Shoulder3870 [link] [comments]
  7. New to insiders hub - disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    New to insiders hub - disc to digital: Hallo, hopelijk niet erg als ik in Nederlands schrijf? Ik ben nieuw in het insider hub programma, net geïnstalleerd. Ik wou heel graag de disc to digital proberen maar zie dit niet staan bij...
  8. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  9. Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05: Hello, I am a member of the Xbox Insider hub. I have Heard that Xbox Insider can do disc to digital, and I just want to Apply that I can do Disc to digital too it would be very nice. I have such a...
  10. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....