4k Blu-ray playback with black bars

Discus and support 4k Blu-ray playback with black bars in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just got LG OLED B7 bought some 4K Blu-ray’s to the play on my Xbox One S. Playback looks amazing but I can’t figure out how to get movies to play... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SuiZide King, Oct 22, 2017.

1. SuiZide King
    SuiZide King Guest

Just got LG OLED B7 bought some 4K Blu-ray’s to the play on my Xbox One S. Playback looks amazing but I can’t figure out how to get movies to play using the full screen. The aspect ratio is set to 16x9. Movies still have black bars on the top and bottom
    of the screen. Wasting a lot of the screen real estate. Any help is appreciated.

:)

SuiZide King, Oct 22, 2017
  2. User 9242019
    User 9242019 Guest
    UHD Blu Rays

It doesn't support 4K UHD playback.

If you are referring to "Mastered in 4K" discs those are just 1080p titles made from a 4K master.

New hardware is required to playback UHD Blu-Ray.

User 9242019, Oct 22, 2017
  3. Black bars on blu-ray playback

[quote user="CYANiDAL187"]
    Gotta love the film industry for making movies of a wider ratio than 95% of the TV's being sold right now... :-/

[/quote]But it would fit a cinema screen perfectly...

WILK0-98D843A7-6EBD-4ABC-A1C2-5D9DBF1CA00A, Oct 22, 2017
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

Hi

This perfectly normal for many films when being watched on a television. Most televisions have approximately a 16:9 aspect ratio where many films are mastered in a 21:9 rato, this will mean that when being view on a television you will end up with black
    bars at the top and bottom of the image being displayed.

gds1972, Oct 22, 2017
  5. SuiZide King
    SuiZide King Guest
    Thanks, I guess I wasn’t aware of this.

SuiZide King, Nov 1, 2018
  6. gds1972 Win User

Hi

This perfectly normal for many films when being watched on a television. Most televisions have approximately a 16:9 aspect ratio where many films are mastered in a 21:9 rato, this will mean that when being view on a television you will end up with black
  7. SuiZide King Win User

Hi

Thanks, I guess I wasn’t aware of this.
  8. Rcbynature Win User

4k support

several new release Blu-Rays are coming mastered in 4K so its time the Xbox One did an update to support the playback. I have a 4K tv and dont want to pay out for another blu ray surround to get 4k support when the Xbox could and should support playback..its
    only firmware afterall isnt it?
  9. User 9242019 Win User

UHD Blu Rays

It doesn't support 4K UHD playback.

If you are referring to "Mastered in 4K" discs those are just 1080p titles made from a 4K master.

New hardware is required to playback UHD Blu-Ray.
  10. GypsyMic Win User

Black bars on blu-ray playback

Some brands of big screen televisions lack the software needed to display proper perspective. I once had a 60'' Hitachi television that said 720p on the box but it was really 480p stretched up.
Thema:

1. 4k Blu-ray playback with black bars - Similar Threads - Blu ray playback

2. Xbox series X blu ray playback

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X blu ray playback: Xbox series X blu ray playback randomly zooms in and out slightly while playing a movie. Its very sporadic. Xbox is up to date, discs are immaculate, no fingerprints, scratches, etc. I'm re...
  3. Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?: Does the Xbox series x support Dolby vision playback for the 4k blu ray disc movies ? not streaming capability I seem to be able to activate HDR but not Dolby vision for movie discs , is there a...
  4. Why is the Blu-Ray Playback So Buggy On Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Blu-Ray Playback So Buggy On Series X?: I tried playing some of my 4Ks like The Incredibles and Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and they seem to be buggy when played on Series X. They work just fine on my dedicated player. Good examples of these...
  5. 4K Blu-ray playback

in XBoX on Windows
    4K Blu-ray playback: I know that the Xbox Series X can game in Dolby Vision. Could this also be enabled to movie play back via the BluRay on Xbox series X? As this would make the Xbox even more useful then it is now....
  6. 4K Blu Ray playback issues

in XBoX on Windows
    4K Blu Ray playback issues: Hello, I have a Series X, and am experiencing playback issues on 4K Blu Rays. The video seems to stutter every so often. It’s not a major issue, but it’s annoying. I have a Hisense 4K tv...
  7. Series X 4K Blu Ray Playback Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X 4K Blu Ray Playback Issues: Lately every 4K blu ray I play is having issues with freezing and then jumping ahead by like 30 seconds. Never had this issue until about 2 months ago while watching a Planet Earth doc. Thought it...
  8. HD Blu-ray 24Hz playback Issues- HD vs UHD

in XBoX on Consoles
    HD Blu-ray 24Hz playback Issues- HD vs UHD: So I noticed an issue with 24z playback on my Xbox One S (2019 version) during HD Blu-ray playback. What I was noticing was the video playback would freeze for a quick second every 25ish seconds....
  9. Which type of disk to use for recording Blu-Ray video for Xbox One S playback?

in XBoX on Windows
    Which type of disk to use for recording Blu-Ray video for Xbox One S playback?: Any video produced won't work, maybe need a hard drive formatted to FAT, then copy the Bluray film to a certain filetype? A factory made Bluray or 4k Bluray works perfect, as well as a recordable...
  10. XSX: Blu-ray playback does not avtivate 24Hz mode

in XboX Insiders
    XSX: Blu-ray playback does not avtivate 24Hz mode: Series X on skip-ahead: I activated "Enable 24Hz" in the display settings and also get "Your TV supports 4k 10-bit at 24Hz" on the "4k TV details" page. But trying to play a Blu-ray movie the...