4K Blu Ray playback issues

Discus and support 4K Blu Ray playback issues in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Series X, and am experiencing playback issues on 4K Blu Rays. The video seems to stutter every so often. It’s not a major issue, but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by proudgace, Jan 22, 2023.

1. proudgace
    proudgace Guest

Hello,

I have a Series X, and am experiencing playback issues on 4K Blu Rays.

The video seems to stutter every so often. It’s not a major issue, but it’s annoying.

I have a Hisense 4K tv purchased in November, set to 120hz, smooth motion etc, so I’m unsure why it would be doing this?

When playing the discs the Xbox sounds like it’s taking off!!! Disc spinning very fast, unsure if it’s related

:)

proudgace, Jan 22, 2023
  2. Rcbynature Win User

4k support

several new release Blu-Rays are coming mastered in 4K so its time the Xbox One did an update to support the playback. I have a 4K tv and dont want to pay out for another blu ray surround to get 4k support when the Xbox could and should support playback..its
    only firmware afterall isnt it?
  3. User 9242019 Win User

UHD Blu Rays

It doesn't support 4K UHD playback.

If you are referring to "Mastered in 4K" discs those are just 1080p titles made from a 4K master.

New hardware is required to playback UHD Blu-Ray.
  4. WILDman260 Win User

Blu Ray Player out of sinc after latest console update!!!!

Not sure about the sync issue, but the Blu-ray app on my XB1 S keeps wanting to update every time I go to the update section in "my games & apps". And also 4k playback isn't working.

It seems the latest console update messed up the Blu-ray/video playback in many areas.
  5. Miguel Molina O Win User

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

First, we gonna do a power cycle on the device

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.

If you don't see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps. Make sure that you hold the power button until the console completely shuts down.

Important If your console is in Sleep mode, the above steps will shut the console off completely. Sleep mode, or the ability to turn on your console by saying "Xbox on," won't be enabled until you restart the console.
  6. Red264 Win User

The Xbox One S 4K Blu-Ray Player Is A Disaster...Good Job!!

There are a number of AV issues with the Xbox One S/X and UHD Blu-ray playback, your guess is as good as mine if they will be fixed.

Certain UHD titles are broken and will not play.

Dolby Atmos is unreliable.

4K AV receiver HDMI handshaking issues.

Image quality issues, the wrong color matrix being used in Blu-ray playback (see review comparison

in link
    ).

They could have broken something on the One S in their rush to fix the broken Blu-ray HDR on the One X with the 10.0.16299.4037 that includes said HDR fix.
Thema:

1. 4K Blu Ray playback issues - Similar Threads - Blu Ray playback

2. Xbox series X blu ray playback

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X blu ray playback: Xbox series X blu ray playback randomly zooms in and out slightly while playing a movie. Its very sporadic. Xbox is up to date, discs are immaculate, no fingerprints, scratches, etc. I'm re...
  3. Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?: Does the Xbox series x support Dolby vision playback for the 4k blu ray disc movies ? not streaming capability I seem to be able to activate HDR but not Dolby vision for movie discs , is there a...
  4. Why is the Blu-Ray Playback So Buggy On Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Blu-Ray Playback So Buggy On Series X?: I tried playing some of my 4Ks like The Incredibles and Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and they seem to be buggy when played on Series X. They work just fine on my dedicated player. Good examples of these...
  5. 4K Blu-ray playback

in XBoX on Windows
    4K Blu-ray playback: I know that the Xbox Series X can game in Dolby Vision. Could this also be enabled to movie play back via the BluRay on Xbox series X? As this would make the Xbox even more useful then it is now....
  6. Series X 4K Blu Ray Playback Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X 4K Blu Ray Playback Issues: Lately every 4K blu ray I play is having issues with freezing and then jumping ahead by like 30 seconds. Never had this issue until about 2 months ago while watching a Planet Earth doc. Thought it...
  7. HD Blu-ray 24Hz playback Issues- HD vs UHD

in XBoX on Consoles
    HD Blu-ray 24Hz playback Issues- HD vs UHD: So I noticed an issue with 24z playback on my Xbox One S (2019 version) during HD Blu-ray playback. What I was noticing was the video playback would freeze for a quick second every 25ish seconds....
  8. Which type of disk to use for recording Blu-Ray video for Xbox One S playback?

in XBoX on Windows
    Which type of disk to use for recording Blu-Ray video for Xbox One S playback?: Any video produced won't work, maybe need a hard drive formatted to FAT, then copy the Bluray film to a certain filetype? A factory made Bluray or 4k Bluray works perfect, as well as a recordable...
  9. XSX: Blu-ray playback does not avtivate 24Hz mode

in XboX Insiders
    XSX: Blu-ray playback does not avtivate 24Hz mode: Series X on skip-ahead: I activated "Enable 24Hz" in the display settings and also get "Your TV supports 4k 10-bit at 24Hz" on the "4k TV details" page. But trying to play a Blu-ray movie the...
  10. 3D Blu Ray playback On Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    3D Blu Ray playback On Series X: Console UPDATE June 29th, 2020 - After another update 3D TVs are still disabled. 3D Blu Rays are being recognized by the drive but cannot be played back due to the fact that the system OS does...