: 4K@120hz VRR or Freesync?

Discus and support : 4K@120hz VRR or Freesync? in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : 4K@120hz VRR or Freesync? My tv can do both freesync and standard VRR on it. It’s a 2020 LG NANO90 series tv. Which should I use to set it up, when... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by WARRIOR I M, Jun 29, 2021.

1. WARRIOR I M
    WARRIOR I M Guest

My tv can do both freesync and standard VRR on it. It’s a 2020 LG NANO90 series tv. Which should I use to set it up, when I’ll be playing FPS games 99.9% of time? Any official word from Xbox?

:)

WARRIOR I M, Jun 29, 2021
  2. Farscape247 Win User

Will I be able to play on my Series X at 1080p 120fps VRR with this monitor?

that monitor supports 120hz and freesync, you don't need hdmi 2.1 for 1080p and 120hz with freesync at all.

you need hdmi 2.1 for 4k at 120hz with vrr.

I have that screen and its fine for most gaming uses.

that screen has console mode for 120hz, and works fine.
  3. OneScaryNerd Win User

Samsung HG40EA790MS: FreeSync issue on Samsung Q7FN TV

Hey Paul!

Not a resolution problem but a VRR/FreeSync issue. The XboxOneX detects my TV and enables Automatic Game mode and VRR/FreeSync. But I'm seeing these rolling bars. I can turn off VRR/FreeSync on both 1440p@120Hz and 4K@60Hz and the problem is gone.

So it's a VRR/FreeSync issue. I'm seeing on YouTube others demonstrating this new TV with these gaming features with XboxOneX and all of them have rolling bars. Some say they cant see it and that it can only bee seen when watching a recording because of
    the refresh rate. But I can clearly see it.

So either I have some super eyes. Or there's something wrong somewhere or others claiming they cant see it haven't noticed it yet. An example of that is clouding on LCD TV's. People I know dont know what that is until I explain it and show it on their TV's.
    Then they see it all the time suddenly....
  4. JasonHalliburton Win User

Will Xbox series x/s have more monitors that run 1440p @ 120hz than current gen consoles?

I have a Samsung CHG70, it supports 1440P 120hz. If you want HDR you have to set it for freesync on the monitor and turn VRR on the xbox. Im hoping the series x supports 1440P 120hz with HDR on and not having to turn freesync on at all because its only
    limited to 80fps i believe.
  5. NGilby Win User

Xbox one s 1440p 120hz problems

Hi,

This monitor only supports 100Hz over HDMI with FreeSync turned ON (higher via Display Port).

With FreeSync OFF this monitor does support 1440p @ 120Hz as per the Manual and LG support.

Source: https://www.amd.com/en/products/freesync-monitors

This makes means that with FreeSync ON you will be limited to 60Hz with xbox. Can you try turning off FreeSync via the Monitor and/or untick Variable Refresh Rate on the xbox. Hopefully this makes 120Hz available to you.
    I have tried turning freesync off on the monitor side and vrr off on the xbox, still doesn’t allow me to select 1440p@ 120hz.
  6. Ignroavo Win User

Xbox One X VRR Issue

I had the same issue using a Denon hdmi 2.1 AVR. I solved it using VRR with 120hz, but I have a hdmi 2.1 tv and a Series X, not One X. I guess you are stuck with 4k without vrr or full hd 120 and vrr. Another solution is to connect the Xbox directly to the tv and use arc/earc for audio, but One X does not support 4k 120hz, so you are stuck with full hd 120 if you use vrr.
Thema:

1. : 4K@120hz VRR or Freesync? - Similar Threads - 4K@120hz VRR Freesync

2. Green and link screen when watching 4k films ?!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Green and link screen when watching 4k films ?!!!: I brought the abyss from amazon.com as soon as I started playing it my screen went green and pink ?!!!! Now every time I try playing a film it does the same ?!!! e126937c-f188-48bf-8338-bd1918bcd602
  3. Choosing the DisplayPort Cable for an Optimal 4K Experience on Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Choosing the DisplayPort Cable for an Optimal 4K Experience on Xbox Series X: Hello everyone, I've ordered this screen for the Xbox Series X: Amazon link However, the 4K display (3840x2160) is only provided by the DisplayPort. HDMI, on the other hand, provides a maximum...
  4. Do I Need A Xbox Series X or S To Have 4K Resolution At 120hz?

in XBoX on Windows
    Do I Need A Xbox Series X or S To Have 4K Resolution At 120hz?: This is my TV: TCL 85-Inch Q6 QLED 4K Smart TV with Google TV, Streaming UHD, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, HDR Pro+, Game Accelerator Enhanced Gaming, Voice Remote, Compatible with Alexa (85Q650G,...
  5. Beta build did not fix controller issues in 4K 120hz VRR with COD VANGUARD and wired...

in XboX Insiders
    Beta build did not fix controller issues in 4K 120hz VRR with COD VANGUARD and wired...: Saw a new fix for controller in Beta build so i jumped in to try but didn't fix for COD VANGUARD and wired headphones in 4K 120hz VRR, only model 1708 and higher are affected SeriesX + LG CX...
  6. Dolby Atmos distortion when VRR disabled in 4K 120hz mode fixed!

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos distortion when VRR disabled in 4K 120hz mode fixed!: I reported this issue to LG and Xbox 6 months ago a few weeks after I received my Xbox Series X at launch. Initially things were fine, but a few weeks after launch after an Xbox Alpha Insider...
  7. 4K 120Hz + ALLM + VRR breaks ALLM, turning off VRR fixes it but then breaks Dolby Atmos

in XboX Insiders
    4K 120Hz + ALLM + VRR breaks ALLM, turning off VRR fixes it but then breaks Dolby Atmos: I have reported these issues many times since last year. No response from Microsoft and has not been fixed. I wish there was a way to see if our issues were acknowledged or not. It feels like they...
  8. Informations on 4K 120hz VRR flickering bug please

in XboX Insiders
    Informations on 4K 120hz VRR flickering bug please: Hi there, Concerns SeriesX Can we please have more informations on this topic as this is very problematic. My 55inch C9 is suffering a strange artefact (not related to Live+ LG setting) and we...
  9. Series X - Should I be using 4k @ 60hz or 1440 @ 120hz with VRR?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X - Should I be using 4k @ 60hz or 1440 @ 120hz with VRR?: Hey all, As per the title, my TV (Samsung Q9FN) can support 4k at 60hz or 1440p at 120hz with VRR, what is the best option? I thought that if you set the resolution/refresh rate in the dashboard...
  10. XBOX SERIES X - 4K @ 120Hz (+) VRR = BROKEN!

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES X - 4K @ 120Hz (+) VRR = BROKEN!: The Xbox Series X was said to deliver Native 4K Gaming @ 120Hz with VRR (Variable Refresh Rate), however, day one, corrupt images/no signal on TVs by Samsung, LG, and Vizio. This is completely...