4K 120Hz + ALLM + VRR breaks ALLM, turning off VRR fixes it but then breaks Dolby Atmos

Discus and support 4K 120Hz + ALLM + VRR breaks ALLM, turning off VRR fixes it but then breaks Dolby Atmos in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have reported these issues many times since last year. No response from Microsoft and has not been fixed. I wish there was a way to see if our issues... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/squimjay, Apr 23, 2021.

1. /u/squimjay
    /u/squimjay Guest

4K 120Hz + ALLM + VRR breaks ALLM, turning off VRR fixes it but then breaks Dolby Atmos

I have reported these issues many times since last year. No response from Microsoft and has not been fixed. I wish there was a way to see if our issues were acknowledged or not. It feels like they go into a black hole. I've posted here as well and other people said they had the same issues so I know it's not just me.

With 4k 120Hz + ALLM + VRR enabled, then Xbox turns ALLM on when I'm on the dashboard and when I'm in Disney+, Hulu, YouTube, Movies & TV, Netflix AND when I'm in games. This then disables picture mode processing such as 24Hz support. Turning off VRR fixed this issue, however then when I navigate to the dashboard or watch videos in YouTube, the audio is all garbled unless I turn off Dolby Atmos.

This wasn't an issue when I first got my Xbox Series X, but then started after an update in mid to late November 2020. There have been multiple firmware updates for my LG OLED C9 and many updates to Xbox since November 2020 and it's still an issue despite reporting it many times.

Please fix this, or acknowledge it or something. If Xbox Series X supports the latest home entertainment features, but they don't work or fix them, they are useless.

submitted by /u/squimjay
    [link] [comments]

/u/squimjay, Apr 23, 2021
  2. Udder Discharge Win User

Xbox Series X Allow Dolby Vision/Dolby for Gaming and Allow Auto Low Latency Mode

Hi thanks I have played with this for sometime, There is a green check mark by ALLM. ALLM is supported by a 2.0. 2.1 hdmi only exception is no 60@120hz.

HDR10 is also has a green check without a 2.1 input there are no limitations as my input during game indicate HDR10 is working. I can do this by checking my inputrs throught TV settings (Auto select for 2.0 enables ALLM Feature on My TV). Dolby Vision for games does not work when ALLM is enabled.

Everything is green on 4K EXCEPT for 120hz because of the lack of 2.1 port. When I turn off ALLM through XBOX setting Dolby vision works.
  3. Speedster996 Win User

How do I find the motion enhancement/anti judder option in my TV?

Lol... Thanks but they don't know. It seems that when I disable VRR and ALLM from the TVs settings, it automatically unlocks the motion enhancement options. But if I enable VRR and/or ALLM either from my Xbox or the TV itself, then the motion enhancement setting disappears.

Isn't VRR supposed to unlock higher frame rates?

This is really confusing 🤣
  4. FahadAl Rhili Win User

Xbox One X connectivity to my Monitor

Xbox One X supports 1440P and 120Hz or 4K and
    60Hz. By attaching HDMI 2.1 or 2K@120 via HDMI 2.0. The cable will output just 1440P@120Hz only, in the end, this is a monitor that most suitable for PCs. Check the Video Output settings and tweak it accordingly. Your monitor, unfortunately, doesn't support
    ALLM or VRR.

Good luck!
  5. Udder Discharge Win User

Xbox Series X Allow Dolby Vision/Dolby for Gaming and Allow Auto Low Latency Mode

Another Nuance came up. Now when streaming with dolby vision Off. Wnen I stream Dolby Content with Netflix through XBOX, within the XBOX settings upon launch of Netflix Dolby vision turns off ALLM in my XBOX and plays Dolby regardless of setting in the XBOX. And launching a game there after it does not turn off dolby vision for gaming or allow dolby vision, nor does it turn back on ALLM. I wanted to try to avoid changing the 4K options everytime I want to do something else.
  6. Nursemorph Win User

Allow variable refresh rate greyed out

my bad, 65NANO95UNA
    Well, the LG page of that particular model makes no mention of VRR which would usually indicate it is not a feature:

https://www.lg.com/ca_en/tvs/lg-65nano95una

Edit: I have been looking around and none of the other NANO95 models have VRR either...the have ALLM (Auto low Latency Mode), not VRR
Thema:

1. 4K 120Hz + ALLM + VRR breaks ALLM, turning off VRR fixes it but then breaks Dolby Atmos - Similar Threads - 120Hz ALLM VRR

2. How do I get 1440p at 120Hz with my monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get 1440p at 120Hz with my monitor?: I'm wondering if anyone has had success with this specific monitor. I have a Sceptre E275B-QPD168 monitor I got off Amazon. The description says it supports 1440p up to 144Hz with HDMI 2.0. My...
  3. When i set my refresh rate to 120hz it says i wont be able to use 1440p when my screen says...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When i set my refresh rate to 120hz it says i wont be able to use 1440p when my screen says...: My screen says in description that it can run 1440p at 120fps for console gaming(AOC 1440p 155hz adaptive sync) but when i try to set my resolution to 1440p it wont let me use 120hz only 60hz and...
  4. 120hz not working

in XBoX on Windows
    120hz not working: So I recently bought a Samsung Q70c, has hdmi 2.1 and Supports 120hz I can play games fine at 60hz but when I change it to 120hz I get a black screen and thinks the xbox is off???...
  5. Will the Xbox Series S do 120Hz at 1080p on HDMI 1.4?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the Xbox Series S do 120Hz at 1080p on HDMI 1.4?: I am looking to buy a new monitor. Will the Series S do 1080p at 120Hz on KOORUI MONITOR ONE? If not will KOORUI MONITOR TWO be able to do 1080p at 120Hz. My aim is for 1080p 120hz. KOORUI...
  6. Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?: Here's an example of one that's locked that I chimed in on. Over 16,000 people viewed and you STILL haven't acknowledged or resolved the issue. Which is ****....
  7. What do I need to achieve 4k Resolution @ 120Hz

in XBoX on Windows
    What do I need to achieve 4k Resolution @ 120Hz: What do I need to achieve 4k Resolution @ 120Hz? It currently says to me that my TV setup doesn't support 4k@120Hz. What about my TV setup do I need to change? 762e6b27-915d-412c-af60-03b79c7f7302
  8. I can't get 4k@120hz even though I have the things to support it

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't get 4k@120hz even though I have the things to support it: I can't have 4k@120hz even though I have an Ultra High Speed HDMI Cable and a TV that supports it. I have an Xbox series s. I looked up why, and I saw my HDMI cable needed to be Ultra High Speed....
  9. Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?: Whenever I’m on a game such as Warzone and press the middle button, when I then come out of the Xbox menu, it goes black for about 3-4 seconds. It’s seriously annoying and I feel like I’ve tried...
  10. I recently purchased a lg 27gl83 a-b and my xbox series x wont let me select 120hz for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently purchased a lg 27gl83 a-b and my xbox series x wont let me select 120hz for...: Any information is helpful as I have tried various settings on the monitor and xbox series x. I am trying to use 1440p at 120 hz. 793a1ab1-cd00-45fa-8f94-c46cc58eb960