42PG20D: xbox won't connect to tv invalid format

Discus and support 42PG20D: xbox won't connect to tv invalid format in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; 42PG20D: xbox won't connect to tv invalid format Hi there Jadekira86, Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by Jadekira86, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Jadekira86
    Jadekira86 Guest

Hi there Jadekira86,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with the Xbox Video resolution. I recommend trying a soft reset of the console this will help refresh the operating system and settings of the console. Check out this article:
    Soft Factory Reset(while
    keeping games and apps)

Before resetting your console make sure of the following:

• There is a stable network connection.
    • The information for all profiles is known (email and passwords)
    • If the console is not responding properly by providing the different menus. We are going to approach this differently.

Try this:

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.
    3. Press and hold the
      BINDbutton (located below the Xbox button on the console) and the
      EJECTbutton (located on the front of the console), and then press the
      Xboxbutton on the console.
    4. Continue holding the
      BINDand
      EJECTbuttons for 10-15 seconds.
    5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the
      BINDand
      EJECTbuttons after the second power-up tone.
    6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.
    7. Select Reset this Xbox
    8. Select Reset this Xbox and Keep Games and Apps

Give it a shot and let us know the results.

:)

Jadekira86, Apr 21, 2019
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

: xbox won't connect to tv invalid format

Hi there Jadekira86,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with the Xbox Video resolution. I recommend trying a soft reset of the console this will help refresh the operating system and settings of the console. Check out this article:
    Soft Factory Reset(while
    keeping games and apps)

Before resetting your console make sure of the following:

• If the console is not responding properly by providing the different menus. We are going to approach this differently.

Try this:

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.
    3. Press and hold the
      BINDbutton (located below the Xbox button on the console) and the
      EJECTbutton (located on the front of the console), and then press the
      Xboxbutton on the console.
    4. Continue holding the
      BINDand
    5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the
      BINDand
    6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.
    7. Select Reset this Xbox
    8. Select Reset this Xbox and Keep Games and Apps

Give it a shot and let us know the results.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Xbox Series X Has Failed. It Is Barely More Than A Month Old. What Kind of Garbage Is Microsoft Building?

Fyi invalid format usually means a resolution problem

Resync your tv
  4. XBF Nestor S Win User

Invalid format on tv when I try to connect my xbox.

Hey there Jan thanks for taking the time to bring this issue to us.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused but rest assured we are here to help, we have seen this in the past
    and since the issue could be on the actual OS of the console so we would suggest a >Soft
    Factory Reset
    <
    (while keeping games and apps)
    IF AND ONLY IF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA IS MET:

Once the setup is complete it will ask if we want to keep settings or manual setup
    lets do manual setup.

If the dashboard cannot be accessed.

1. Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.
    2. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    3. Wait 30 seconds.
    4. Plug the power cord back in.
    5. Continue holding the
      BINDand
    6. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart.

NoteIf you
    don't hear two power-up tones after 15 seconds, it means this failed. Likewise, if you hear any “power-down” chirps, that also means this failed.

1. You can release the
      BINDand

Once the troubleshooting screen comes up select reset this console (Keep games and apps)

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes!
  5. UkDraken Win User

Invalid format

This has happened to me as well. Tried getting hold of Bungie but they have a wonderful system in place to make it impossible to actually speak to anyone there. I'm stuck. If anyone out there has a solution I'd be very grateful if they could let me know?
    (I tried the solution supplied by Kothos below but it didn't work for me. Thanks anyway, mate).
  6. Kothos 74 Win User

Invalid format

Fixed it! Turns out it was the 3D setting and I don't have a 3D TV. How it glitched itself into that setting I'll never know, I didn't do it.

But I logged in with an alternate account, memorised the stick and button moves to get to Settings and change the 3D option and it worked! Stupidest problem I have ever encountered in 18 years of working in IT.
Thema:

1. 42PG20D: xbox won't connect to tv invalid format - Similar Threads - 42PG20D won't connect

2. 42PG20D: HDR10 for games LG tv

in XBoX TV Hardware
    42PG20D: HDR10 for games LG tv: 42PG20D: HDR10 for games LG tv You have to make sure you have the settings for Smart HDR on enabled on your TV and the settings for your Xbox enabled too. following the above guide from...
  3. 42PG20D: Dolby Vision on Xbox One S and LG B9

in XBoX TV Hardware
    42PG20D: Dolby Vision on Xbox One S and LG B9: 42PG20D: Dolby Vision on Xbox One S and LG B9 I've found some troubleshooters that may be worth a look. I'm not too big on audio-video troubleshooting but, I'd figure I'd try to provide some...
  4. 42PG20D: Xbox One X on the LG C9 Oled TV doesn’t use HDR for resolutions other than 4K

in XBoX TV Hardware
    42PG20D: Xbox One X on the LG C9 Oled TV doesn’t use HDR for resolutions other than 4K: 42PG20D: Xbox One X on the LG C9 Oled TV doesn’t use HDR for resolutions other than 4K I’m unable to play at 1440p with HDR, that was my goal (1440p@120Hz). 295cacf9-c0b4-4f11-a1fc-4d3a230aa39a
  5. 42PG20D: xbox one mit Macbook verbinden [Translation - Connect xbox one with Macbook]

in XBoX TV Hardware
    42PG20D: xbox one mit Macbook verbinden [Translation - Connect xbox one with Macbook]: 42PG20D: xbox one mit Macbook verbinden [Translation - Connect xbox one with Macbook] Hi LUDASCHERAS7810, Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with this question. When referring to the...
  6. 42PG20D: LG 32GK850F-B I recently purchased has a disc for installing display driver and...

in XBoX TV Hardware
    42PG20D: LG 32GK850F-B I recently purchased has a disc for installing display driver and...: 42PG20D: LG 32GK850F-B I recently purchased has a disc for installing display driver and O.S.D for the monitor. PLZ HELP! Thank you for the help, I just want to make sure I get the best experience...
  7. 42PG20D: Xbox One X HDR error

in XBoX TV Hardware
    42PG20D: Xbox One X HDR error: 42PG20D: Xbox One X HDR error Hey Warrior If when you scan its saying your tv doesntsupport HDR then that is a setting or connection issue I would still have a look at the tv settings has that...
  8. 42PG20D: 4K

in XBoX TV Hardware
    42PG20D: 4K: 42PG20D: 4K Yes you need 4k TV for the 4k graphics to work. if not itll just be enchased but wont be 4k b3cabc75-4da6-466f-bacc-13cc33281887
  9. 42PG20D: Tevion TV with Xbox One S

in XBoX TV Hardware
    42PG20D: Tevion TV with Xbox One S: 42PG20D: Tevion TV with Xbox One S You try conecting a DVD player in your Xbox to the XBox make the Transmission? ee4695a7-9c54-47d0-91b4-2ff48648eea5
  10. 42PG20D: HDMI Not Connected

in XBoX TV Hardware
    42PG20D: HDMI Not Connected: 42PG20D: HDMI Not Connected Hi Kevin! Thanks for the swift update with your reply. As your console's HDMI connection isn't being recognized despite using a different TV and HDMI cable, if you've...