4 month old Xbox one X randomly shuts down a few times a week.

Discus and support 4 month old Xbox one X randomly shuts down a few times a week. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So we have been uaing our new xbox one X since my Scorpio version kept having way to many errors. Its now about 4 mobths old and randomly shuts down.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Noslenam, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Noslenam
    Noslenam Guest

So we have been uaing our new xbox one X since my Scorpio version kept having way to many errors. Its now about 4 mobths old and randomly shuts down. It seems to happen many times when my daugher is playing minecraft. We can reatart the system and it seems
    to work fine but this shouldn’t be happening from a new unit.

any ideas or suggeations. We have a Series X amd S on pre order but the One X will move to the guest/kids room.

:)

Noslenam, Oct 12, 2020
  2. OllieM467 Win User

Xbox controller keeps disconnecting from windows 10

Some devices plugged into my pc randomly disconnected a few times due to a USB power surge a few weeks ago but I've fixed that problem.

I got my computer 6 months ago.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte X570 gaming x.
  3. Rdwo1f Win User

5 free games from promo

Yea that was it ... So there's nothing u can do I'm just SOL? I called x box at least 3-4 times n never got it resolved was just told to maby in a few more weeks would get them ... Not that it really matters I already preordered my x-box one n prob can't
    play the old games any way in a few months . But I just feel cheated and ripped off .....
  4. AurionW Win User

Borderlands Game of the Year Edition

Looks to be an issue with Borderlands GOTY only on the One X.

I've been playing it on both my Original One and One X and it shuts down randomly only on the One X, with absolutely no issues on my original Xbox One. Others have the exact same issue over at the gearbox forums.
  5. Internet Expert Win User

Xbox One X shuts down randomly

Unexpected shutdowns usually point to either of the two things: overheating, or a power supply issue. More details are found here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/console-turns-off-unexpectedly

Worst case scenario, the console will need to be repaired or replaced. If it gets to that point, the first thing to try is see if you can get it exchanged with the retailer you bought it from. Otherwise, you can start setting up a repair with Microsoft here:
    https://devicesupport.microsoft.com
  6. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

Xbox One X Crashing and showing due to overheating....it's not!

This happens to me in Star Wars Battlefront II and Ace Combat 7. When it does shut down it happens to be when something explodes. Which both games have a lot of.

Does this happen when your games shut down? Are you on a 4K?

Just trying to narrow down the problem to possibly find a solution

All of my other games including RDR2 and Call of Duty do not have this issue.

I suspect it is update related as my Xbox One X is only a few months old and sits on top of an entertainment cabinet and isn't hindered by ventilation issues at all.
Thema:

1. 4 month old Xbox one X randomly shuts down a few times a week. - Similar Threads - month old randomly

2. My fan on the Xbox x isn't on , barely a month old is this right ??

in XBoX on Consoles
    My fan on the Xbox x isn't on , barely a month old is this right ??: Had the Xbox x barely a month and started getting over heating message . Noticed my fan doesn't come in ??? d91788f5-06a7-42cf-b1e9-3c114a0b3147
  3. Been trying to get my old profile back for months

in XBoX Accessibility
    Been trying to get my old profile back for months: I had been trying to get my old profile back for ages so I went through a long list of things with An agent and was suppose to hear back in 72 hours I have had nothing now soon doing so everytime...
  4. 1 month old xbox series x controller already unusable due to issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    1 month old xbox series x controller already unusable due to issues.: My brand new xbox series x controller is bugging out, I tried troubleshooting and different batteries and packs but nothing works. This new Xbox series x controller randomly starts twitching the...
  5. I was wondering why my game would look like this? I have a 3 month old Series X is it my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was wondering why my game would look like this? I have a 3 month old Series X is it my...: I just bought my Series X back in January at the end of the month and within that timeframe I've seen this black/white Distorted Pixels a few times now in a few games but the occurrence has been...
  6. changed Xbox companion app over a month ago, but app still shows old gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    changed Xbox companion app over a month ago, but app still shows old gamertag: My Xbox Console Companion app (on pc) shows my old gamertag [img] I clicked the 'change gamertag' link over a month ago. it directed me to social.xbox.com where I changed it (for free). When...
  7. 1 month old Xbox Series X making a lot of noise when game disc inserted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    1 month old Xbox Series X making a lot of noise when game disc inserted?: Hello, I purchased an Xbox Series X on January 4th, loving it so far and the worst issues I've had is a game freezing once on me, so pretty great all around. I am however asking about pretty...
  8. I got comm banned for a 3 month old message because my friend wanted revenge

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got comm banned for a 3 month old message because my friend wanted revenge: Ok so my other friend reported my friend because he got mad and sent profanity to us he got comm banned but he was angry at the ban so he goes and reports a few month old message(I know cause it...
  9. Month old Series X not staying on

in XboX Insiders
    Month old Series X not staying on: Not sure if it’s been posted before but today my series X wasn’t turning on with the controller. So I turned it on through the console & it turned on but then shut off after about two seconds...
  10. I entered 6 month Xbox live code and got two months old ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I entered 6 month Xbox live code and got two months old ultimate: I got two months of xbox ultimate for a 6 month gold code c1780857-e001-4c72-ba11-79c6be60a7c7