360 won’t connect to internet but connects to home network

Discus and support 360 won’t connect to internet but connects to home network in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently bought an Xbox 360 and try to connect to Xbox live. It will connect to my home network with no issues but when I test for the Internet it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FickleMoon43897, Sep 24, 2022.

1. 360 won’t connect to internet but connects to home network

I recently bought an Xbox 360 and try to connect to Xbox live. It will connect to my home network with no issues but when I test for the Internet it says there’s a failure I’ve tried this with both wire and wireless connections and cannot seem to get any remedy. All the posts on xbox.com are closed and have been removed due to age if anybody has any information on how I might fix this please let me know.

:)

FickleMoon43897, Sep 24, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

FickleMoon43897, Is your cosole unlocked?

If so, this blocks the connection to the servers.

Another point, if it is not unlocked then it could just be a network error.

Use your cell phone in hotspot mode and try to connect the console to this created wifi network, see if it works.

Let me know what happened, please.
  3. RainingRoses Win User

Hi,

Just to confirm, do you receive the following error every time when trying to connect to your home network on an Xbox 360? So it reaches this point and fails:

[​IMG]

While support for Xbox 360 is limited and some guides have been moved, relevant support resources are still available.

Refer to this guide to troubleshoot any network issues:

Troubleshoot your Xbox 360 network connection | Xbox Support - specifically the info under ‘I get an error message when I test my connection’ > ‘If the console can’t connect to the internet’, then select the specific error that matches the one you receive.

Also read through the recommendations here

Troubleshoot an Xbox 360 wireless network connection

or for a wired network:

Troubleshoot an Xbox 360 wired network connection

Do you have another network to try on your Xbox 360 (perhaps a mobile hotspot)? Please perform another network test for both and select ‘Test Xbox Live Connection’ (not Network Statistics or any other test), then when it fails, go through any suggestions. These would indicate the possible reason(s) for this error with various ways to resolve it.

If you don’t see any reasons/suggestions, post back and we can go through all the possibilities for this connection error here.

Hope this helps.
  4. KristianKulha Win User

My Fortnite wont update. It keeps saying “installation stopped working”.

Hello there,

Sorry for my late response. I had no internet and simply forgot about this discussion. My console is connected to a different network (Wi-Fi), it’s a public connection but I’ve tried updating Fortnite on that connection and on my private connection at home. Both networks and still Fortnite won’t update. Also, if I am connected to the internet, where should this backup of this data be, what cloud and where?
  5. Dakrkplayer2 Win User

First xbox one system update question

A home network sharing the same internet connection. That why they called it a home network. This computer, My WP8,My care give smartphone, Her laptop, her adult child smartphone, Her adult child boyfriend table, My XBOX 360 and her adult child boyfriend
    360 are sharing the same connection. But it easy to say. Yes they are sharing internet.
  6. Maestro3 Win User

why do i get disconnected from xbox live when im playing a game

Before troubleshooting the Xbox 360 yourself, perform a quick check to verify your Internet connection is functioning. If none of your networked computers can reach Web sites on the Internet, you should troubleshoot the home network first.
Thema:

1. 360 won’t connect to internet but connects to home network - Similar Threads - 360 won’t connect

2. My Xbox App won’t connect to Xbox 360 console.

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox App won’t connect to Xbox 360 console.: I just turned on my 360 and now my app on iPhone won’t connect to my console. My Xbox and iPhone are on the same wifi network. Can anyone help please? submitted by /u/Puzzleheaded-Tone-52...
  3. Why won’t my Xbox 360 games connect to internet, even tho on my Series X games it works fine?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox 360 games connect to internet, even tho on my Series X games it works fine?: I’m having an issue of when I try to play Call of Duty Black Ops 2 through my Xbox Series X when I get onto the game my account is logged in but I can connect to Xbox live even though my...
  4. Why won’t my Xbox series x connect to xbox live when trying to playing Xbox 360 games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my Xbox series x connect to xbox live when trying to playing Xbox 360 games?: Last week, I tried to play black ops 2 because all the servers got fixed but when I tried to connect, I get an error stating my console will not connect to Xbox live. I know it’s not my internet...
  5. CoD MW2 for 360 won’t connect to live on my Xbox series x. My network is fine but all my bc...

in XBoX on Consoles
    CoD MW2 for 360 won’t connect to live on my Xbox series x. My network is fine but all my bc...: It won’t work and is very annoying 795ca365-c26c-4b57-8890-8c9bde20a57d
  6. Xbox 360 slim won’t connect to my network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim won’t connect to my network: basically what the title says I have been trying to connect to my xbox 360 slim to the internet to download my old profile from xbox live however I cannot connect to my wireless network. Every...
  7. 360 slim won’t connect to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 slim won’t connect to the internet: I have two Xbox 360 slims and they won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet or Wi-Fi. Is there anything I can do to fix them so I can play on them? I’ve tried my home Wi-Fi and my phone hotspot...
  8. My Xbox 360 won’t connect to Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 won’t connect to Xbox live: [img] [img] Xbox live was working a few hours ago while I was at my friends house and before I left to go there, but now that I’m home and set up my 360 again, it’s having errors....
  9. Xbox 360 won’t connect to my wifi no matter what I do, someone help please

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 won’t connect to my wifi no matter what I do, someone help please: I was playing GTA San Andreas when my game froze. I turned my Xbox on and off to fix it and every since then it won’t connect to the internet. It just says test failed and it won’t even let me...
  10. Xbox 360 used to connect to network but now won’t connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 used to connect to network but now won’t connect: I haven’t used Xbox 360 for a while and now it says network not working but router port light flashes while testing Xbox live connection. I am on same modem/router and internet, tried network...