360-Win10 Sticks Snapping Issue

Discus and support 360-Win10 Sticks Snapping Issue in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all. So I just purchased a brand new 360 controller to use on win10 and both of the analog sticks are having an issue with snapping to axis' when... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Joe Davies1, Nov 10, 2022.

1. Joe Davies1
    Joe Davies1 Guest

Hi all.

So I just purchased a brand new 360 controller to use on win10 and both of the analog sticks are having an issue with snapping to axis' when rotating them. They don't physically stick but on screen, it seems at every ~45 degree increment they snap to and from. I've tried several USB ports, checked through all the settings I can find and updated all drivers.

Tested it out on https://gamepad-tester.com, here's the result: https://imgur.com/a/06bVsFs

Does anyone have any ideas on how this can be resolved, or if maybe it's an issue with the controller or my PC hardware?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

:)

Joe Davies1, Nov 10, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Are you sure your Xbox 360 controller is brand new Microsoft controller? A quick look on sites like Amazon will bring up loads of these controllers, but they're all third party. Microsoft stopped making 360 controllers nearly a decade ago. These third party controllers vary in quality.

If it really is a 'new' 360 controller then it may just be faulty. It won't be an issue with drivers. The Xbox 360 controllers use the Microsoft XINPUT API which has been around ever since 2005 and has been built into every version of Windows since Windows Vista.

That's a very useful link though!
  3. Joe Davies1 Win User

You are right, it was a knock-off/refurbished controller as you suggested; I've arranged a return and will buy a Microsoft brand Xbox One controller, I suppose.

Thanks for the responses.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Joe

Before concluding an issue with the controller or the PC itself, let's try to isolate the problem a bit more. For this try and tell me:

Test a different controller in your PC

Test the controller on a different PC

Do you have a mapping program installer in your PC? (Like xinput)

Do you have steam installed in your PC?
  6. Joe Davies1 Win User

Well, a new and bonafide XBOX 360 controller arrived today and the exact same thing is happening. So it must be an issue with my PC somehow. I'm not forking out for an XBOX one controller if this might happen again so will stick with keyboard and mouse I suppose!
Thema:

1. 360-Win10 Sticks Snapping Issue - Similar Threads - 360 Win10 Sticks

2. Wireless Xbox 360 controller no longer connects to Win10

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless Xbox 360 controller no longer connects to Win10: A few months back I used my Zettaguard wireless receiver and connected my wireless Xbox 360 controller to my PC perfectly. I played my Steam games with it and it worked fine. I recently updated my...
  3. Cannot connect wireless Xbox 360 controller to Win10 after fresh install

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot connect wireless Xbox 360 controller to Win10 after fresh install: I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 after formatting my hard drives. Prior to this I had a Xbox360 controller connected to my PC with the wireless Xbox receiver. After the Windows 10...
  4. xbox 360 wireless controller can't connect to win10 professional version.What should i do?

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 wireless controller can't connect to win10 professional version.What should i do?: i have 2 xbox 360 wireless controller with a PC wireless gaming receiver.But i can't update the driver to connect my controller.Although it works on my laptop with win10 family version....
  5. Unable to use XBox 360 wireless controller with XBox Games Pass for Win10. Got any ideas?

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to use XBox 360 wireless controller with XBox Games Pass for Win10. Got any ideas?: Alrighty. I'm trying to play games on the Windows 10 version of the XBox Games Pass with an XBox 360 wireless controller. I'm able to use the controller on other game services (example: Steam,...
  6. joy.cpl dont see xbox 360 controller in Win10

in XBoX on Windows
    joy.cpl dont see xbox 360 controller in Win10: I connect my controller Win10. But it see in device manager like this but joy.cpl dont see it. I dont know what i do wrong (i do last driver update and windows update.) [img]...
  7. wireless xbox 360 controller on win10 without reciever

in XBoX Accessibility
    wireless xbox 360 controller on win10 without reciever: i have game on my pc what works with xbox 360 controller but i have only wireless ones and i wont buy reciever... with switch controllers it work via bluetooth but i tried it with x360 ones but...
  8. Kinect 360 problems with win10

in XBoX on Windows
    Kinect 360 problems with win10: Hi, I tried to use my kinect of my xbox360 on my pc to use it as a webcam, I downloaded the SDK driver and the Kinectcam.ax to get it work but it didn't. My pc is just recognizing the mic of the...
  9. Developer Reply please : Game not detecting Xbox 360 controller on Win10 PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Developer Reply please : Game not detecting Xbox 360 controller on Win10 PC: Just as the Title says, game is not detecting my wireless 360 controller at all, FYI, Forza horizon 3 which is also a UWP game is detecting it fine but not this game, Please Reply on how to fix...
  10. Xbox 360 wireless microphone work on Win10 with wireless receiver or not ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless microphone work on Win10 with wireless receiver or not ?: My question is simple ! I saw those beautiful Microsoft Xbox360 wireless microphone with lights from the “lips” Game in a store. I would like to purchase them for playing karaoke game on my Win10...