360 scratching my discs and making them unreadable

Discus and support 360 scratching my discs and making them unreadable in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have several discs that seem to have been damaged in the center and don't work anymore.The reflective coating and the Xbox hologram are partially... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jet monster61, Feb 1, 2014.

1. 360 scratching my discs and making them unreadable

I have several discs that seem to have been damaged in the center and don't work anymore.The reflective coating and the Xbox hologram are partially worn away.It appears to have been scuffed repeatedly. There are others that seem fine like NBA 2K14
    but get the disc unreadable message.Is anyone else having this problem?

:)

jet monster61, Feb 1, 2014
  2. Xbox.com/support will NOT ALLOW ME TO PUT MY NAME IN

I am trying to get assistance with my console - it is scratching all of my discs making them unreadable - and when I attempt to sign in to the online support system the areas requiring me to put my First Name and Last Name are grayed out and I cannot type
    in them, therefor making it impossible for me to receive any assistance with this problem. PLEASE HELP

CuriousMeerkat9, Feb 1, 2014
  3. xCHEMISTx
    xCHEMISTx Guest
    1.05 Patch now live

I just got Skyrim and some other games as part of a package with my new console. My old 360 kept scratching my discs and the tray wouldn't open.

xCHEMISTx, Feb 1, 2014
  4. 360 scratching my discs and making them unreadable

What do you think the problem could be with the discs that don't show any signs of physical damage?

jet monster61, Feb 1, 2014
  5. Hello,

Let me ask you a few questions then I will let you reply with the answer so I can see what the problem might be.

What position is your console in? (Vertical or Horizontal)

Do you ever bump or move your Console while the disk is still in?

How old is your Xbox 360 Console?

I would love to help, Please reply.

-Xbox Ambassador C0nner 343

Xbox Ambassador

Savage Mortalis, Feb 2, 2014
  6. Jason2hood
    Jason2hood Guest
    What console do you own? Also like c0nner said, what position is your console in? I have had other friends with this issue due to their consoles position.

Jason2hood, Feb 2, 2014
  7. BongKaos
    BongKaos Guest
    Console position IS NOT a factor unless you move it while being used. Center rings with damage maybe a user storage error EXAMPLE-----not pressing down on the center to release the disk form it's case......

BongKaos, Feb 2, 2014
  8. 360 scratching my discs and making them unreadable

@BongKaos. My xbox for some odd reason actually scratched two disks of mine because I had it vertically. But like you said It might be that I took a swift brake or something and a pet of mine maybe bumped it.

Savage Mortalis, Feb 2, 2014
  9. BongKaos
    BongKaos Guest
    Pleases stay on topic, The console being vertical has NO influence on scratches (unless it's moved during use) Operator error seems to be the cause in your case. As for Mr. Jet.... I suggest being a bit more careful. GOOD LUCK!!!!

BongKaos, Feb 2, 2014
  10. Sounds like the Disc Drive in the console needs sending in for repair as something is off within the drive.

EXShadow Ninja, Feb 4, 2014
  11. Farmerboy887
    Farmerboy887 Guest
    My xbox just scrstched my second disk today its in verticle position and idk how old it is atleast 4 years i havent bumped it or anything while its on and i always lock the games down in the cases so what do i do? Nothing? Talk to xbox?

Edit: sorry for the gravedig

Farmerboy887, Nov 20, 2014
  12. Mister Cerb
    Mister Cerb Guest
    Hey there Farmer! Thank you for posting!

Since this post is rather old, please go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far to resolve it. That way, support can be tailored specifically to you! ^_^

Mister Cerb, Nov 1, 2018
  13. Mister Cerb Win User

Hey there Farmer! Thank you for posting!

Since this post is rather old, please go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far to resolve it. That way, support can be tailored specifically to you! ^_^
  14. BongKaos Win User

Pleases stay on topic, The console being vertical has NO influence on scratches (unless it's moved during use) Operator error seems to be the cause in your case. As for Mr. Jet.... I suggest being a bit more careful. GOOD LUCK!!!!
  15. Savage Mortalis Win User

@BongKaos. My xbox for some odd reason actually scratched two disks of mine because I had it vertically. But like you said It might be that I took a swift brake or something and a pet of mine maybe bumped it.
  16. Jason2hood Win User

What console do you own? Also like c0nner said, what position is your console in? I have had other friends with this issue due to their consoles position.
  17. EXShadow Ninja Win User

Sounds like the Disc Drive in the console needs sending in for repair as something is off within the drive.
Thema:

1. 360 scratching my discs and making them unreadable - Similar Threads - 360 scratching discs

2. My xbox 360 profile is immediately disconnected from xbox live when I sign in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 profile is immediately disconnected from xbox live when I sign in.: Hi, been trying to troubleshoot this for 2 hours with no luck. When I sign in to my Xbox live profile, I get a notification saying “disconnected from Xbox live”, then I get an error message that...
  3. Can I connect an Xbox 360 pad to the Xbox One console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I connect an Xbox 360 pad to the Xbox One console?: Can I connect an Xbox 360 pad to the Xbox One console? All possibilities are included, adapter etc. 9e8a67ad-f0cc-449c-9f26-9017f935bd56
  4. Xbox 360 game on Xbox 1 freezing on login screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 game on Xbox 1 freezing on login screen: I bought a game of the Xbox one shop that was a 360 game so when I play it I have to login to an Xbox live account. My account is already on it but I didn’t have the password on my Xbox so after I...
  5. why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?: why my Xbox 360 is not opening in my tv ? it's coming black and say go error. go to Xbox. com/support and the on/off botton comme red and the console is very hot....
  6. why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?: why my Xbox 360 is not opening in my tv ? it's coming black and say go error. go to Xbox. com/support and the on/off botton comme red and the console is very hot....
  7. Xbox Play And Charge Kit USB C - Compatible with Xbox 360? Edit, not.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Play And Charge Kit USB C - Compatible with Xbox 360? Edit, not.: Hey, I know this is a long shot, but there any chance of this being compatible with the Xbox 360? https://www.xbox.com/en-AU/accessories/batteries-chargers/play-and-charge-kit My gut instinct...
  8. Is xbox live on 360 down?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is xbox live on 360 down?: Its not letting me sign in or up 80e80f70-786c-4e88-a729-651e13a110a9
  9. scratch on my xbox 360 console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    scratch on my xbox 360 console.: I've got the 250 GB version of the xbox 360 E and one day when I got home, I've decided to play it because I was bored and out of the blue I noticed a scratch being on top of it. it's slightly...
  10. scratch on my xbox 360 console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    scratch on my xbox 360 console.: I've got the 250 GB version of the xbox 360 E and one day when I got home, I've decided to play it because I was bored and out of the blue I noticed a scratch being on top of it. it's slightly...