360 network(teredo?) doesn't like port forwarding

Discus and support 360 network(teredo?) doesn't like port forwarding in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; 360 network(teredo?) doesn't like port forwarding Hi I am on an Xbox one elite series (more or less the OG xbox one with faster hard drive)...... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Cattlepsy, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Cattlepsy
    Cattlepsy Guest

Hi I am on an Xbox one elite series (more or less the OG xbox one with faster hard drive)... hardwired directly to modem, its a single unit modem/router combo, the one that came from comcast.

For a long time I've had the problem of not being able to connect to the xbox 360 network when playing backwards compatible games, today I found out what triggers this problem but still not sure why it happens. Sorry for caps idk how to bold text from mobile.

Tried everything under the sun from resetting and unplugging modem/xbox, deleting local 360 profile and clearing local storage alltogether was able to delete but still couldnt connect so I couldn't even redownload my profile. WHAT FINALLY FIXED IT was doing
    a FACTORY RESET (I chose "keep my games&apps" option)

...except this fix introduced the old strict NAT problem because it brought me back to automatic IP adress configuration. So i go to change it back to its manually assigned IP adress that has ports forwarded (TCP: 80, UDP: 88, 500, 3544, 4500, BOTH: 53,
    3074) because uPnP doesn't work.

Soon as I change it back to manual IP address the 360 network is unable to connect again. So in other words I can port forward to a static IP and have "Open" NAT but unable to connect online with backwards compatible, OR I can factory reset and have "Strict"
    NAT but backwards compatible works. I don't understand why I can't have both at the same time?

Also I have no idea why but simply switching back to "automatic" IP adress or even entering the old one that was assigned automatically through DHCP DOES NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM, so far only factory reset will fix the 360 network issue, seems permanent once
    it happens. And as mentioned before this isn't really a fix since it sticks me with strict NAT. Possible server bug or profile corruption?

:)

Cattlepsy, Oct 14, 2020
  2. PalZer0 Win User

Xbox One and UPnP

I've noticed that it does forward UDP 3074 like the 360 does. It doesn't seem to forward the ports for Teredo though.
  3. taidara Win User

NAT

Xbox One uses different behaviors to benefit and to make peer to peer (P2P) more simple than the Xbox 360. The main benefits is IPv6 with IPsec and Teredo (which is a transition mechanism that gives full IPv6 connectivity for IPv4 connectivity that do not
    have a native connection to an IPv6 network).

Xbox One will mainly use Teredo implementation (which is sensitive to NAT behavior) and it prefer port 3074 for P2P traffic which is the same port for Xbox 360 traffic. Does this mean that your current setup will break UDP PortMappings (Port Forwarding, QoS)
    for Xbox One! No it doesn't!. If there is a port competition problems, Xbox One has a fall-back-mechanism to use other ports as well if 3074 is not available.
  4. Xx ROZILLA xX Win User

Strict NAT type

If your Router blocks the Teredo Port UDP 3544 you can´t do anything against it. XBOX one needs that you Router can use the UDP Port 3544 8you so NOT need to Port Forward or open the port).

Many Routers like Fritz Box block Teredo Port by default - So the Fritz Box gets an Firmwareupdate where you can enable NOT to block this Port.

You can try to update your Firmware of your Router and you can search how to enable the teredo Port (like I said above you don´t need to port Forward this Port)
  5. taidara Win User

Adding XB1 to 360, what router changes are recommended. (Linksys E3200)

Greetings Helpfulpoem!

Xbox One uses different behaviors to benefit and to make peer to peer (P2P) more simple than the Xbox 360. The main benefits is IPv6 with IPsec and Teredo (which is a transition mechanism that gives full IPv6 connectivity for IPv4 connectivity that do not
    have a native connection to an IPv6 network).

Xbox One will mainly use Teredo implementation (which is sensitive to NAT behavior) and it prefer port 3074 for P2P traffic which is the same port for Xbox 360 traffic. Does this mean that your current setup will break UDP PortMappings (Port Forwarding, QoS)
    for Xbox One! No it doesn't! You shouldn't have to change anything on your router settings to meet Xbox One connectivity. If there is a port competition problems, Xbox One has a fall-back-mechanism to use other ports as well if 3074 is not available.
  6. planejanez Win User

Working Solution To Obtain an Xbox One Live Open Nat

Xbox One users Let me make this simple. Forward port 3544 to 3074.

Reason:

Microsoft uses IPv6 so it first encapsulates your inbound traffic that eventually should go to port 3074 (Xbox Live) using Teredo:

en.wikipedia.org/.../Teredo_tunneling

That's why port 3544 needs to be forwarded to port 3074 if you have an IPv4 based system. Otherwise if your network is IPv6 based port 3544 will probably not even be used. Quote from wikipedia reference Teredo:

"Teredo should be disabled when native IPv6 connectivity becomes available"

Hope this has made my posts a little more understandable. I'm just trying to help. :)
Thema:

1. 360 network(teredo?) doesn't like port forwarding - Similar Threads - 360 network teredo

2. Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...: Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it on my computer so i put in my pc the xbox 360 wifi adapter, and it show up under my device manager, but The...
  3. Network error when signing into Xbox 360 network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network error when signing into Xbox 360 network.: I’ve been having countless issues trying to play old 360 games on my Xbox x the past week or so. It began with me being unable to even download my account to not being able to connect to Xbox...
  4. Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?: So I have my Xbox 360 E and I wanted to connect it to internet because I heard that the Xbox 360 E has it built in so I don’t. Need to buy any extra stuff but when I try connecting it to my WiFi...
  5. Xbox 360 network and live pro

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 network and live pro: Hi! Dear helping hands, I’m having an issue accessing my Xbox live account referring to (Mod Removed) Console number: (Mod Removed) ✓ We tried many solutions we have found on the net. ✓...
  6. How do I get my Xbox 360 to connect to the network and Internet when I have a Microsoft...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get my Xbox 360 to connect to the network and Internet when I have a Microsoft...: How do I get my Xbox 360 to connect to the network and Internet when I have a Microsoft account and Xbox account 300970eb-9557-4faa-97b3-847fbe8056a7
  7. Mtu problem conecting on xbox one in xbox 360 live. One networks works well even in cloud...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mtu problem conecting on xbox one in xbox 360 live. One networks works well even in cloud...: . One networks works well even in cloud playing but 360 live wound find conection. So why Ones live work well and 360 live haven't. Nothing in settins and hardware haven't chance since plast...
  8. I can't log in to my Xbox 360 games, it says there was a network error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't log in to my Xbox 360 games, it says there was a network error: When I try to log in to my Xbox 360 games, I get a message saying that there was a network error but I have a connection on all my devices at home. 8d1ad779-4510-473a-b7b8-e84b08f6449a
  9. Xbox 360 network down, what is going on?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 network down, what is going on?: cant play any old 360 games online, with my xbox 360,series x or one 6aaa5724-6f65-41b6-9f34-dad508ed2b14
  10. XBOX 360 Not connecting to wifi network

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 Not connecting to wifi network: Hi, I tried to use my xbox 360 after a long time and it needs a system update. But i keep getting error when it try to configure the network. It connects to the network, but its not able to...