360 keeps failing downloads

Discus and support 360 keeps failing downloads in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Recently moved my 360 into one of the bedrooms in the house. Formatted the hdd to get all the junk off there and now when I try to re-download Final... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MoTrubl4u, Apr 6, 2021.

1. MoTrubl4u
    MoTrubl4u Guest

Recently moved my 360 into one of the bedrooms in the house. Formatted the hdd to get all the junk off there and now when I try to re-download Final Fantasy xiii and xii-2 they keep failing. I'm starting to get steamed.

:)

MoTrubl4u, Apr 6, 2021
  2. MoTrubl4u Win User

I've done all that. I wouldn't have posted the question if I hadn't.
  3. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @MoTrubl4u, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I am sorry to know about your issue; However, we have multiple detailed troubleshooting steps for this matter on the official Xbox website to help you take care of it. Before going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the link I was referring to, I would like you to go through the following steps to clear your Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the 360 network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The first link: Troubleshoot your Xbox 360 network connection | Xbox Support

The second link: Troubleshoot your Xbox 360 network connection speed | Xbox Support

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  4. Zambezi Buffel Win User

Downloading fails

kk not pausing the download at all, still failing. Also enquired and three other xbox live members are experiencing the same issue on the 360. No download issues for Xbox one users. Some downloads fail at 7%.
  5. Vaxts Win User

Xbox 360 update won't install

Hello

Clear failed updates from the cache. Turn off the Xbox 360. While holding the
    Sync button next to the memory unit slots, turn on the Xbox. This will clear the download queue and restart failed downloads.
  6. Luis Webb1 Win User

Starfield preload keeps failing to download

Hello,

I have had the exact same issue ever since pre-loading was supposed to be allowed. It pre-installed on my Series X with no problem (bought the Premium Edition) and everything said I should have been able to pre-install onto my PC as well. However, it wouldn't. The computer is brand new and running Windows 11. I followed every post here and in Reddit to find out why it kept conking out at 800MB downloaded. I uninstalled/reinstalled/reset/repaired both the Microsoft Store app and the Xbox app. Every driver of every bit of software and hardware updated. No VPN or antivirus issues (unless your own Microsoft Defender is just as suspect). Yet, it kept giving me the same error (0x80070005, which your error site says is a console error, not a PC error).

Strangely enough, though, at 5 pm PDT, it worked. No conking out. No errors. Just a slow download because everyone is coming home and logging in and bottlenecking the internet in my area (> 1 million people). So, I'll be lucky if by sometime tomorrow evening that the game finally finishes downloading.

So, my question is this: This whole thing is suspicious as heck. Everyone having the exact same issue. Getting only the same low-level troubleshooting tips IF they even get a response at all. I want transparency. I want someone (if it really is true) to admit that MS purposely blocked downloading, even from customers who were told they were allowed to pre-install, and the reason for doing so (more than likely to keep people from cracking the game open and leaking info/gameplay early). Why am I getting ruffled up like this? Because this whole thing came very close to a breach of contract of the purchase of the game. Fortunately or otherwise, this is how game purchasing shall proceed in the near future, with no more physical media and purchasers at the mercy of the seller and the internet on whether they get their product in a timely fashion or not.
Thema:

1. 360 keeps failing downloads - Similar Threads - 360 keeps failing

2. How can I download my xbox profile to my xbox 360 when its os keeps telling me my password...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I download my xbox profile to my xbox 360 when its os keeps telling me my password...: And don't give me some **** about two-step verification cause I got it disabled. 4f9e9087-d930-4e81-8174-5ac69ca0e78d
  3. Minecraft bedrock keeps crashing when I try to convert a Xbox 360 world to it after...

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft bedrock keeps crashing when I try to convert a Xbox 360 world to it after...: Basically when ever I go to bring the world to bedrock after transferring it to the one addition it go up to 16 percent then crashes the game 698cce11-900d-49a0-8b20-f58ba80e9854
  4. Xbox 360 wired controller keeps disconnecting on pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired controller keeps disconnecting on pc: I have an xbox 360 controller wired and it keeps disconnecting while playing a game, midway after 1-2 minutes. I have an HP victus 15.6 laptop with AMD Ryzen 7 5800H, RTX 3050 Ti, 8GB RAM (All...
  5. Trying to download my Xbox 360 profile to my Xbox One and it just keeps telling me that it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to download my Xbox 360 profile to my Xbox One and it just keeps telling me that it...: Trying to download my Xbox 360 profile to my Xbox One and it just keeps telling me that it can't connect 8989afff-586d-449f-a2f2-bfabb3ae6983
  6. Can't download update on xbox 360 keep getting status code 4467 - 0000 - 0080 - 0300 - 8007...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't download update on xbox 360 keep getting status code 4467 - 0000 - 0080 - 0300 - 8007...: I tried formatting the storage device, clearing the cache to factory reset and nothing works, any help would be appreciated. e94feca1-3f69-4047-bf59-651bd731a966
  7. Why does FM1 keep crashing on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does FM1 keep crashing on my Xbox 360?: So about a month ago I picked up FM1 from my local vintage game shop. I found out it was BC on the 360. I put the disc in and it works and plays perfectly, no scratches and in perfect condition....
  8. Why does my mw3 on xbox 360 keeps saying tbe communication with xbox live has been...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my mw3 on xbox 360 keeps saying tbe communication with xbox live has been...: Why does my mw3 on xbox 360 keeps saying tbe communication with xbox live has been interrupted if I'm actually connected? ba3926af-0fcf-4032-963d-e0e473da5eed
  9. Why does my 360 games on Xbox one keep disconnecting me from Xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my 360 games on Xbox one keep disconnecting me from Xbox live: When play a 360 game online for about 15 minutes on my Xbox one it disconnects from Xbox live f3bd5ab3-f17b-4a07-860e-aff2d2617801
  10. I have modern warfare 2 (360) edition and it keeps saying I can't play the on Xbox live...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have modern warfare 2 (360) edition and it keeps saying I can't play the on Xbox live...: Call of duty modern warfare 2 keeps saying I can't play on Xbox live even though I pay for ultimate 7f720bab-1580-49bf-82f0-aabf83170f0b