360 gamertag not loading on 360 games played on Series S

Discus and support 360 gamertag not loading on 360 games played on Series S in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have several 360 games I purchased that require me to sign in with my XBox Live gamertag; this is via the old 360 interface, in-game. However, the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by pmortscotch, Aug 2, 2022.

1. pmortscotch
    pmortscotch Guest

I have several 360 games I purchased that require me to sign in with my XBox Live gamertag; this is via the old 360 interface, in-game. However, the account that is there (which I have since renamed), says "Sorry, this profile can't connect to XBox Live on this console. To fix it, download it again". So I go to the second option, "Download Profile", which when I select it, I am shown an info screen that tells me what this feature does and then I continue, it goes through "Checking network status", then I'm prompted for my Microsoft email associated with the account. I enter the email, and then the password…these are the same credentials I used for creating the account I use for the Series S frontend itself. Once I enter the password, I am given an error message, "Sorry, there's a problem with the credentials that you're using to sign in. Go to https://account.live.com to fix the problem." with the error code "8015000A" written underneath. All searches for this solution are many years old and point to XBox 360 workarounds. All I can do from here is hit ok. If I try to redownload again, I just have to enter my email and it immediately gives me the same error message as before.

I have tried deleting my account on the Series S side, restarting, and setting my account back up again to no avail. I had a long password, so tried setting it to something shorter, but still nothing. I can sign in to my Xbox profile--the one that I use for my Series S-- and view it online no problem. It has all of my old gamertag info for the same account that shows when I start the 360 games.

Until this is fixed, I am sitting on a bunch of 360 games I paid for that I simply cannot play in any meaningful sense (I mean, I suppose I could technically play FFXIII without saving). Need help on this, the knowledgebase is leaving me emptyhanded and support apparently cannot take a call, email, or live chat.

:)

pmortscotch, Aug 2, 2022
  2. John Ashton Hicks Win User

Please explain more simply. How do I do this?
  3. ngocphi Win User

You need to add your Xbox to dmz

I had thr same issue has everything to do with your nat
  4. John Ashton Hicks Win User

I am having a similar issue. I deleted my profile because I changed my Microsoft account email address. Now I am trying to download that profile and I am receiving the same error message. It will let me login on my computer and see the gamer profile but will not let me even attempt to put in a password for the new account. Could it take a while for it to allow me to login on the console with a new email? Please help! Thanks
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this PMORTSCOTCH

Are you able to test with another profile in your console to see if the issue persists?
    And, if you go to Settings > Network config > what's saying below NAT type?

Please tell me which troubleshooting steps you have done so far to fix this issue, in that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed

I'll be waiting for your reply, greetings from another Microsoft user
  6. pmortscotch Win User

Naturally, figured this out a bit after posting this, I had landed on this post and the reply from Ronnieee worked for me, specifically the second option. The first solution didn't do anything.

Maybe it was a scorched earth option and something else would have worked, but I had to effectively reset the Series S system…this actually didn't take too long for me, just be careful which option you select at Step 6.

1. Press the XBox button to open the guide.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select System.

4. Select Console info.

5. Select Reset console.

6. Select "Reset and keep my games & apps"

You do have to go through a few of the initial system setup options again (language, timezone, etc.) but it didn't take that long, maybe five minutes or so. Once you sign in to your Series S with the account in question, go through the remaining setup steps and you'll be back on the home screen with your games still installed.

Load up a 360 game, preferably one that requires a Live sign in. Around the time you usually see the gamertag select menu for XBox Live, you should now see a screen that says it's loading your 360 profile with a progress bar, I forget exactly what it says. Once finished, you will get the Xbox Live bubble pop-up in the corner saying your account is connected to Xbox Live and you're good to go.

It seems the issue stems from renaming your Xbox account after having it created as a Live gamertag in a 360 game…there becomes a sync issue. Like some folks (me), maybe you created a gamertag ages ago that's embarrassing and now that you're older and wiser you want something a little less awful. Well, this is something to consider in that event.
Thema:

1. 360 gamertag not loading on 360 games played on Series S - Similar Threads - 360 gamertag loading

2. Recover 8 year old Gamertag from Xbox 360?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recover 8 year old Gamertag from Xbox 360?: My old gamertag is still associated with my Microsoft account email address and Xbox Live Online account. I have not not subscribed to Xbox Live Gold since July 2015. There is a resubscribe...
  3. I changed my old 360 gamertag and the games that I have saved I can't access to get on

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my old 360 gamertag and the games that I have saved I can't access to get on: I'm trying to have all my saved games that are saved onto the new account so I can continue playing 101201a2-98e0-4124-a2a7-d65698c4ade7
  4. Can't change gamertag on Xbox 360?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change gamertag on Xbox 360?: So I read on the Xbox forums that your gamertag can only be 12 characters long, but that if you have an Xbox 360, you can change to a 15 character long gamertag. Well, I dusted off the ol' 360,...
  5. I changed my gamertag but now when I try to play Xbox 360 games they won't allow me to sign in

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag but now when I try to play Xbox 360 games they won't allow me to sign in: Hi, How do I update my Gamertag when I'm trying to sign in on Xbox 360 games I downloaded? I've changed my gamertag and now when I try to play I've noticed that Xbox 360 games are still trying to...
  6. If my account is linked on xbox 360 and series x, do both gamertags change if i change it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If my account is linked on xbox 360 and series x, do both gamertags change if i change it...: Im just wonder cause i want to change it back to a 15 character one, which i can only do on xbox 360, but will it change on my new console 88d8b472-02eb-4447-a2a6-853a933148cf
  7. I wanna change my gamertag back to my old one which is MrWaffles9931 without using a 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    I wanna change my gamertag back to my old one which is MrWaffles9931 without using a 360: I wanna change it back because of nostalgia of first getting my Xbox and it is special to me but it is one character longer and I really want it back I have tried talking to a agent but always...
  8. Can't access account after switching gamertag (Xbox 360)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't access account after switching gamertag (Xbox 360): So I recently changed my gamertag (let's just say I changed it from billybob1 to billybob2 for the sake of example) about a few months ago on an Xbox series x, now I'm trying to log onto my 360...
  9. Changed gamertag on an Xbox 360, ended up with two gamertags

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changed gamertag on an Xbox 360, ended up with two gamertags: Hello, I changed my gamertag on an Xbox 360, but now I have both the new one and the old one displayed on my account. I previously only had a single gamertag so I'm not sure what caused this. Can...
  10. Can I transfer an old xbox 360 gamertag & profile into a newly created profile on gamepass?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I transfer an old xbox 360 gamertag & profile into a newly created profile on gamepass?: I recently signed up for gamepass via windows 11, which created a new profile linked to my Microsoft account based on gmail. I have an old xbox 360 gamertag & account which was set up using the...