360. Family. Live Gold. Angry

Discus and support 360. Family. Live Gold. Angry in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I read (too quickly) the faq on the changes with Live Gold. I did not grasp that new Home Gold was limited to the XBox One, until I read the ** at the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sir Pancreas, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Sir Pancreas
    Sir Pancreas Guest

I read (too quickly) the faq on the changes with Live Gold. I did not grasp that new Home Gold was limited to the XBox One, until I read the ** at the bottom.

The principle reason that I didn't "grasp" this detail was that it didn't seem plausible: Microsoft wouldn't make a change in how Gold is sold to families, discontinue the old method for the existing console and not offer the updated policy to 360 owners,
    would they? Why?

What makes this extremely frustrating / unacceptable is that the Xbox 360 was for sale, new, in box, from Microsoft (and Target and BB, etc), when we bought it this Christmas... right along side the Xbox One. This is not an obsolete console, but instead
    something that is currently being sold.

It's pretty bad to "push" your customers to a new system by making the old one's usefulness dependant on a surprising increase in subscription fees. It's kind of evil to do that when you're still selling the "old" console. If there were a real technical
    reason behind it, then that should be articulated and the old method maintained.

I'm at a loss with what to do. Under this flawed understanding, I purchased a Gold membership for myself. Now I don't even want to keep the 360 now, let alone buy an Xbox One.

If there is a question here, it is: "Has there been any rumor/ sign of a change of policy coming?"

:)

Sir Pancreas, Jan 6, 2014
  2. AvalonX
    AvalonX Guest
    Microsoft just ended the Family Plan for good

Microsoft sent this announcement via e-mail to all Family Plan members. This is terrible for people who have more than one console. Also note (in bold) that this answers the questions about the Gold Live sharing on multiple consoles. So if you plan to throw out your 360's and game library and have you family glued to one Xbox One then you are good. Once you go that friends house your family cannot play in Live on either console unless you have an additional sub. Terrible.

AvalonX, Jan 6, 2014
  3. Funky Jammer
    Funky Jammer Guest
    Xbox Live Gold Family Pack No Longer Available

Posted an hour ago.

Source: Gamer Syndrome

Funky Jammer, Jan 6, 2014
  4. Klokkwork
    Klokkwork Guest

I've heard rumors, unsubstantiated of course, that the Home Gold feature may be coming to the 360 console in the future. I'm hoping this is the case, as I was a Family Gold member myself. At the moment, I've got my daughter and niece saving $1 out of their
    weekly allowance and putting it in their own separate jars, a system my family used before the Family Pack existed. It worked well back then, and it's working well now, unless of course they activate the Home Gold, then they can use the money on other splurging.

Klokkwork, Jan 6, 2014
  5. I have to say that I'm in the same boat. I have an Xbox One, but my kids have an Xbox 360 each. I had 4 Xbox Live accounts on the Family Pass. Now I can have them all on the Xbox One, great, whoopdy do, BUT that means if someone is on the Xbox One, then
    no one can be on the 360s, unless of course, I want to blow $180 per year to keep 3 accounts active, which was not what I signed up for when we got all the xboxes we have. I also have a Windows Phone. I spend enough money on Xbox Music Pass and Game Add-On's
    without also having to spend $180 to use all of these things. I'm going to be looking into how much it costs for 4 accounts on a Playstation and if it is cheaper, I will turn all of my Xbox Consoles and games into Game Stop and buy a Playstation. Then I will
    trade in my phone for one with an Android Operating System. Think you'll get more money out of me by forcing me to either upgrade all my consoles or pay more for Xbox Live Gold??? Think again.

COD Junkie Chik, Mar 3, 2014
  6. Fr0sT1e
    Fr0sT1e Guest
    This is outrageous, those Families that can't afford to waste money on an XBoxONE at the moment surely haven't got enough money to buy four individual Gold accounts for their Xbox 360. This is either a brain dead move or pure scandalous monopolising, rob
    the poor to feed the rich.

#Saving for a PS4.

Fr0sT1e, May 5, 2014
  7. Hello there Fr0st1e, You may want to take this up at Xbox Live Wishlist/Feedback maybe you would like to share your thoughts and suggestions there because it`s best not to debate about this in the Xbox 360 Support Department,
    Best of wishes to you Fr0st1e.

PR1NCE DARKNESS, Oct 31, 2018
  8. PR1NCE DARKNESS Win User

Hello there Fr0st1e, You may want to take this up at Xbox Live Wishlist/Feedback maybe you would like to share your thoughts and suggestions there because it`s best not to debate about this in the Xbox 360 Support Department,
    Best of wishes to you Fr0st1e.
  9. Fr0sT1e Win User

This is outrageous, those Families that can't afford to waste money on an XBoxONE at the moment surely haven't got enough money to buy four individual Gold accounts for their Xbox 360. This is either a brain dead move or pure scandalous monopolising, rob
    the poor to feed the rich.

#Saving for a PS4.
  10. COD Junkie Chik Win User

I have to say that I'm in the same boat. I have an Xbox One, but my kids have an Xbox 360 each. I had 4 Xbox Live accounts on the Family Pass. Now I can have them all on the Xbox One, great, whoopdy do, BUT that means if someone is on the Xbox One, then
    no one can be on the 360s, unless of course, I want to blow $180 per year to keep 3 accounts active, which was not what I signed up for when we got all the xboxes we have. I also have a Windows Phone. I spend enough money on Xbox Music Pass and Game Add-On's
    without also having to spend $180 to use all of these things. I'm going to be looking into how much it costs for 4 accounts on a Playstation and if it is cheaper, I will turn all of my Xbox Consoles and games into Game Stop and buy a Playstation. Then I will
    trade in my phone for one with an Android Operating System. Think you'll get more money out of me by forcing me to either upgrade all my consoles or pay more for Xbox Live Gold??? Think again.
  11. Klokkwork Win User

I've heard rumors, unsubstantiated of course, that the Home Gold feature may be coming to the 360 console in the future. I'm hoping this is the case, as I was a Family Gold member myself. At the moment, I've got my daughter and niece saving $1 out of their
    weekly allowance and putting it in their own separate jars, a system my family used before the Family Pack existed. It worked well back then, and it's working well now, unless of course they activate the Home Gold, then they can use the money on other splurging.
  12. taidara Win User

Xbox live fail

Is your Xbox 360 new or is it a used one?

Do you have Xbox live gold family pack, regular gold or silver?

Have your membership expired?

The Xbox 360 have a parental control that allows you to manage member's Xbox LIVE activities.

Sign in to Xbox live

Go to my xbox, and select family center.
Thema:

1. 360. Family. Live Gold. Angry - Similar Threads - 360 Family Live

2. I forgot my Xbox 360 4 digit pass code at the family setting

in XBoX Accessibility
    I forgot my Xbox 360 4 digit pass code at the family setting: I forgot my Xbox 360 4 digit pass code and now my games do not play 286f448f-b8f9-49b4-94e7-aef96fa3151d
  3. How do I remove a family passcode from an Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I remove a family passcode from an Xbox 360?: I've been trying for 2 days to remove a family passcode from a used system with no luck (I'm unable to play Dead or Alive). I tried by myself on 4-10-2024 and today (4-11-2024) for an hour with...
  4. How to remove family setting in a second hand Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to remove family setting in a second hand Xbox 360: Heyy n I've tried almost everything to remove the family setting but it not working out Is the anything I could do to remove or restart the console fb9bf81c-b458-48eb-ad5b-5cf97f944411
  5. How to reset passcode and reset question to Xbox 360 family settings without Xbox live

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to reset passcode and reset question to Xbox 360 family settings without Xbox live: I bought a 360 console with games downloaded on the hard drive, from the Facebook marketplace. I tried downloading my profile, but i don't know the passcode or it's reset question...
  6. How to reset family passcode on Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to reset family passcode on Xbox 360: I need to reset my family passcode on Xbox 360 how do i do that 15b589e1-5681-4fcb-96de-de50d29e4f65
  7. I need to bypass family controls reset due to parental controls x 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to bypass family controls reset due to parental controls x 360: I can't factory reset due to parental controls 6e482b2f-23ea-447d-a12e-cfffc780f9d8
  8. I need help with my Xbox 360 family passcode

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help with my Xbox 360 family passcode: I need help resetting family passcode 6df05ed9-032a-466b-9023-5ecda223aaa4
  9. How to overide family password on 2nd hand Xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    How to overide family password on 2nd hand Xbox 360: Got 2nd hand 360. Cant find out how to make it allow adult games. Help!!! Norma 8dc101e4-be61-4639-bcb3-d38a9e47fca3
  10. My family code for my Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    My family code for my Xbox 360: Can you send me my code for my family passcode 3e952e34-3898-4024-967e-3873f7620046