360 controller won't sync

Discus and support 360 controller won't sync in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an xbox 360 Elite. I use wireless form and wife and wired for my kids. Oneday when i was at work my kids started using the wireless controllers... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by matt_2287, Sep 15, 2019.

1. matt_2287
    matt_2287 Guest

I have an xbox 360 Elite. I use wireless form and wife and wired for my kids. Oneday when i was at work my kids started using the wireless controllers and lost them. When i finally found them i fully charged them and went to use them and they had desynced.
    I tried to re sync them but they wont sync. Ive tried every step microsoft has said to do and none of them work(please no links going to official Microsoft steps as none of them work)

:)

matt_2287, Sep 15, 2019
  2. ZeoTH56 Win User

controller help

hey thanks for the help I tried turning it on manual and the controller sync but after that it won't sync anymore and the lights keep on flashing on the controller. when I try to go sync it with the 360 but the 360 doesn't pick it up and the lights still
    flash on the controller. what does this also mean?
  3. matt_2287 Win User

Ive already tried moving it from to another room and they still wont sync. I dont know anyone else with a 360 unfortunately. As they are really old.
  4. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello Matt,

Since this is an official support forums, we can only provide official answers. This mostly includes steps straight from the support articles you do not want us to post. We can try some steps that may not be in the articles, but please note that any discussion
    of self repair (opening up the console/accessory) will result in the thread getting locked as per the Xbox
    Forum Guidelines

One thing to try would be moving the console over to a different wall outlet. You can then try to resync the controller. Aside from that, do you know someone else that has a 360 console? You can test your controllers on their Xbox to see if the controllers
    are the issue. You can also test their controllers on your Xbox to see if the Xbox itself is causing the issue.

Hope this helps!
  5. Ironwilled Win User

Hi There,

Have you checked to see if there is outside interference preventing the controller from syncing? For example if you have a wireless router nearby or something like that
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 controller not syncing to pc

Hi,

The Xbox 360 wireless protocol is not Bluetooth. This is why your 360 controller won't sync to your wireless receiver. PlayStation Dual Shock uses BT, the 360 does not. Only the Xbox One X controller can be connected via Bluetooth.

If you want to use a wireless 360 controller you will need to buy the Xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver. Don't buy the Xbox One receiver as it does not support 360 controllers either.
Thema:

1. 360 controller won't sync - Similar Threads - 360 controller won't

2. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  3. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  4. What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...: So, I have an Xbox 360 and since I don't have a controller, I'm using an external USB keyboard. I'm not trying to use it for games, I'm trying to use it to enter my passcode and stuff. So do any...
  5. Which controllers can I use on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which controllers can I use on my Xbox 360?: I would like to know if it's possible to use newer Xbox controllers on an Xbox 360 (cabled or not), and I'm talking about: Xbox One Wireless controller Xbox One (Bluetooth) controller (rev 1,2)...
  6. Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it: So this is a minor problem but it still bothers me because it's so weird. When I boot up windows, while my controller is connected to the wireless dongle, it shows up just fine under "game...
  7. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10): Whenever i plug in my Xbox wireless receiver/adapter to my computer, in the Device manager it gets detected as a controller and not an adapter. Ive tried updating the drivers but it doesn't work.i...
  8. Why can I not sync 2 identical controllers to my 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can I not sync 2 identical controllers to my 360?: I bought 2 new controllers for my 360, they are identical. I can sync them to my console one at a time but can not synce them both. One will sync and the other continues to search. I shut the...
  9. Start making the original 360 controllers for next gen consoles

in XboX Insiders
    Start making the original 360 controllers for next gen consoles: I’d like to say just for memories I had with the 360 since it’s getting shut down so why not make a 360 controller for people to use submitted by /u/Imaginary-Ease8041 [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox 360 controller won't sync to console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller won't sync to console: Hi, I'm having issues with my Xbox 360. The controller doesn'tseem to want to connect to the console for some reason. I can turn on the console with the controller but it won't actually connect. I...