360 controller needs to work on the X1 IMMEDIATELY or I'm changing teams!

Discus and support 360 controller needs to work on the X1 IMMEDIATELY or I'm changing teams! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been gaming since Atari and the new Xbox one controller is a massive step back. I have never had issues with hand cramping while playing BF4... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GEORGIO ADONIS, Jan 2, 2014.

1. 360 controller needs to work on the X1 IMMEDIATELY or I'm changing teams!

I have been gaming since Atari and the new Xbox one controller is a massive step back. I have never had issues with hand cramping while playing BF4 until yesterday, my first day on the X1! The controller is too small and forces your bumper fingers
    off the bumpers. My bumper fingers touch vs 1/2" of space on the 360 controller. My hand is no longer relaxing on the controller properly because of the new mini me size.

-Own original Xbox, 3-360's and now the new Beta Xbox1

-Thousands of hours playing Halo and BF and this controller issue will force me into a PS4

-100 million dollar controller and they never tested it with an adults hands!

:)

GEORGIO ADONIS, Jan 2, 2014
  2. Wiggs
    Wiggs Guest
    Why are the controllers such junk?

I'm actually anxious to try the X1 controller. i love the 360 controller so I'm sure I'll love the X1 controller as well.

Wiggs, Jan 2, 2014
  3. Goatsnatcher
    Goatsnatcher Guest
    Left analog stick now drifts.

I'm surprised by the durability of the X1 controller compared to the 360 controller. My X1 controller has lasted twice as long as a 360 controller lasted me..... Very impressed.

Goatsnatcher, Jan 2, 2014
  4. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest

Works fine for me.

MS won't support the 360 controller on the Xbox One. The wireless protocols are different.

Enjoy your 7 hr battery life and dearth of titles.

IceStorm III, Jan 2, 2014
  5. Maytrix
    Maytrix Guest
    Original Xbox, 3 360's, new Xbox One and only 3715 gamer score?

Maytrix, Jan 2, 2014
  6. Dave Doohan
    Dave Doohan Guest
    Could be a new gamer tag you know, or lots of online play only? That aside, I don't think the new controller is that different, and comparing the size to my 360 one they seem rely close - certainly days of COD and DR3 haven't left me with issues...so I
    guess this is a personal thing...

Dave Doohan, Jan 2, 2014
  7. Only play MP... I could care less about single player and gamer score.

GEORGIO ADONIS, Jan 2, 2014
  8. 360 controller needs to work on the X1 IMMEDIATELY or I'm changing teams!

How big are your hands?

I only ask because i'm a pretty big guy with really big hands, and I've never had a problem with any Xbox controller.

I just bought a PS4 on December 20th, and last night was my longest session on BF4, about 5 hours, and towards the end my hand was cramping up.

ManipularOrb18, Jan 2, 2014
  9. Reanim8ted
    Reanim8ted Guest
    I must say I haven't had any hand cramping issues with the new xb1 had it since launch, and took a week off work to play it. I am surprised that you would go with a PS option though as I have always found for the larger handed person the controller was just
    too small I have played on a ps4 yet though.

Reanim8ted, Jan 3, 2014
  10. The whole thing of a new controller and no support for 360 controllers makes my absolutely furious. The new controller is a small departure from the old controller in terms of design and ergonomics. I mean it's nothing radical like going from a 360 controller
    to a Playstation controller or anything like that.

Creating a new controller and not supporting the 360 controller is nothing more than a MASSIVE money grab. You're telling me they couldn't make the old controllers work with the new system. You're telling me that the new controller couldn't be made using
    the same communication technology as the 360 controller. Yeah right!

They should have said, "Let's do our loyal customers a favor and make it so 360 controllers will work on the ONE." Nope! The almighty dollar is too powerful.

OcR Chieftain, Jan 3, 2014
  11. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    [quote user="OcR Chieftain"]Creating a new controller and not supporting the 360 controller is nothing more than a MASSIVE money grab.[/quote]It isn't a money grab, but since you apparently haven't bothered to read up on the changes since they were revealed
    in May, 2013, the explanation would be lost on you.

IceStorm III, Jan 3, 2014
  12. wow antman
    wow antman Guest
    Don't let the door hit you in the [MOD REMOVED] on the way out.

wow antman, Oct 31, 2018
  13. Reanim8ted Win User

I must say I haven't had any hand cramping issues with the new xb1 had it since launch, and took a week off work to play it. I am surprised that you would go with a PS option though as I have always found for the larger handed person the controller was just
    too small I have played on a ps4 yet though.
  14. GEORGIO ADONIS Win User

Only play MP... I could care less about single player and gamer score.
  15. wow antman Win User

Don't let the door hit you in the [MOD REMOVED] on the way out.
  16. OcR Chieftain Win User

The whole thing of a new controller and no support for 360 controllers makes my absolutely furious. The new controller is a small departure from the old controller in terms of design and ergonomics. I mean it's nothing radical like going from a 360 controller
    to a Playstation controller or anything like that.

Creating a new controller and not supporting the 360 controller is nothing more than a MASSIVE money grab. You're telling me they couldn't make the old controllers work with the new system. You're telling me that the new controller couldn't be made using
    the same communication technology as the 360 controller. Yeah right!

They should have said, "Let's do our loyal customers a favor and make it so 360 controllers will work on the ONE." Nope! The almighty dollar is too powerful.
  17. ManipularOrb18 Win User

How big are your hands?

I only ask because i'm a pretty big guy with really big hands, and I've never had a problem with any Xbox controller.

I just bought a PS4 on December 20th, and last night was my longest session on BF4, about 5 hours, and towards the end my hand was cramping up.
Thema:

1. 360 controller needs to work on the X1 IMMEDIATELY or I'm changing teams! - Similar Threads - 360 controller needs

2. I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...: I have a xbox 360 elite console, and it has sat for a bit, but am breaking it back out, it powers on and everything but the controller no longer works. Are there "new" controllers that can be...
  3. how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller: how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller eff96eac-d791-4d15-bf0a-44991cf03387
  4. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  5. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  6. What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...: So, I have an Xbox 360 and since I don't have a controller, I'm using an external USB keyboard. I'm not trying to use it for games, I'm trying to use it to enter my passcode and stuff. So do any...
  7. Which controllers can I use on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which controllers can I use on my Xbox 360?: I would like to know if it's possible to use newer Xbox controllers on an Xbox 360 (cabled or not), and I'm talking about: Xbox One Wireless controller Xbox One (Bluetooth) controller (rev 1,2)...
  8. Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it: So this is a minor problem but it still bothers me because it's so weird. When I boot up windows, while my controller is connected to the wireless dongle, it shows up just fine under "game...
  9. I need to bypass family controls reset due to parental controls x 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to bypass family controls reset due to parental controls x 360: I can't factory reset due to parental controls 6e482b2f-23ea-447d-a12e-cfffc780f9d8
  10. I need to get rid of the parental control on my xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to get rid of the parental control on my xbox 360: I have recently purchased an secondhand Xbox 360 new slim. The previous owners have not taken off the parental control. I don't know the code, nor the answer to their security question to change...