30 day waiting period after changing email address on xbox

Discus and support 30 day waiting period after changing email address on xbox in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I no longer have access to my original email address for my Xbox account and did not have my phone number in my security details. I was able to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AQUILIFER IX, Aug 27, 2022.

1. AQUILIFER IX
    AQUILIFER IX Guest

I no longer have access to my original email address for my Xbox account and did not have my phone number in my security details.

I was able to supply Microsoft with a new email address to use with my Xbox account and received a reply saying " if you wish to proceed press here".

I have to wait 30 days for the update to take place. It also stated messages would still be sent to my original email address( which I can't access!).

So, I have waited 30 days.

I have tried to access my account with my new email address but the address is not recognised.

I understand a verification code may be required, but if that is sent to my original email address I won't be able to see it.

Will a code be sent to the new email address I supplied?

:)

AQUILIFER IX, Aug 27, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello AQUILIFER IX,

We have noticed that you have not responded to our last message. We would like to know whether the issue you have raised with us is still ongoing. If yes, please let us know so that we can continue our conversation.

Regards,

3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello AQUILIFER IX,

To answer your question, any verification code will be sent to the account's security info. We understand that you are trying to access your account and update the email address. So, let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

The 30-day waiting period is related to the change or update of security information (like phone number, secondary email address). However, since you are trying to change your email address you might as well try to add alias to your account. Alias is your alternative way to sign in to your Microsoft account.

Let us say you have Email#1 (cannot access email) and Password to sign in to Xbox. If you add an email address alias to that account you may now can do this: Email#2 (new email) + Password to sign in to Xbox. So either Email#1 / Email#2 plus password can allow you to sign into your account.

To add an alias, you may go to Microsoft account | Your profile

Under Account Info, look for Sign-in preferences

Then, add email and set it to primary alias.

Next, it will be your choice to keep the old email as alias or remove it.

Know more about updating account here:

Change the email address or phone number for your Microsoft account

How to add an email address or phone number to your Microsoft account

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello AQUILIFER IX,

We have not heard anything from you since our last reply. Please do not hesitate to create a new thread if you have new concerns. We hope that we have answered the issue you reported to us. We personally understand that finding time to work on this matter can be a little difficult to manage. Thus, we would like to let you know how much we appreciate your patience and most importantly the time you have dedicated to post here in Xbox Forums.

Regards,

5. Jacyintha Win User

Created a GT by accident...

You could call phone support and request a deletion of the gamertag, but not the email.

If you wait the 30 days, you have to wait an additional 30 days before you can use the email address. Because of those wait periods, you actually end up wait 60 days to use that email.
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Account Hacked, tried everything I could

Unfortunately you will need to wait the 30 days. You can try to add another email as an alias and make it the primary email address, but this will probably ask for you to wait the 30 days and sometimes asks you to even confirm your current email address (the hacker email) to change the primary email address for the account.
Thema:

1. 30 day waiting period after changing email address on xbox - Similar Threads - waiting period changing

2. Security info 30 day wait period

in XBoX Accessibility
    Security info 30 day wait period: So I just wanted to know after the 30-day waiting period is up will I have to use my Microsoft account password to log back into my Xbox or will I just sign in like normal? I didn't have my...
  3. Application for resetting Old password not having to wait for an extended period of Time ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Application for resetting Old password not having to wait for an extended period of Time ?: Application for resetting Old password not having to wait for an extended period of Time ?Application for resetting Old password not having to wait for an extended period of Time ?Application for...
  4. Security info 30 day wait period

in XBoX Accessibility
    Security info 30 day wait period: I didn’t have access to the only email associated with my microsoft account. So i clicked on the forgot security info option and am now on the 30 day wait period. What happens after the 30 days...
  5. didnt receive doom dl after ten day wait period

in XBoX Games and Apps
    didnt receive doom dl after ten day wait period: didnt receive downloads for doom 1 and 2 after the ten day wait period after purches can i get some help c9167e7c-0c17-42e1-82bc-4cdb3724328e
  6. Problems transferring licenses after 4 month wait period has passed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems transferring licenses after 4 month wait period has passed: Hi, I last transferred my licenses on 12/4/2013 today is 4/4/2014 I keep getting the message saying I have to wait till 4/4/2014 to transfer again. Is this a glitch, do I need to wait till 12...
  7. License transfer before the 4 month wait period is over?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    License transfer before the 4 month wait period is over?: I recently purchased a used Xbox 360 and transferred my DLC licenses onto it, but had to mail the console out for repair. I just purchased another console as a backup one, but the downside is that...
  8. 30 day wait period for security info

in XBoX on Consoles
    30 day wait period for security info: Im trying to buy a new game digitally for the first time I've had my xbox account from the 360 and have never done so. when I tried to add payment details it asked for a securtiy code (as you can...
  9. how can you by pass the wait period to change home console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    how can you by pass the wait period to change home console.: I want to set my home console back to my main xbox console but it says I can only do it three times a year. however I only remember doing it once. Is there a way to reset it or make my console my...
  10. 3 month wait period after region change resetting

in XBoX on Consoles
    3 month wait period after region change resetting: Hi I was just wondering if once you change your region then during the 3 month waiting period you want to change back, if you attempt to change your region before the end of the 3 month waiting...