3 new elite controllers are not working, how to fix

Discus and support 3 new elite controllers are not working, how to fix in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I have 3 new special editions Microsoft Elite controllers, all on my desk on holders Unfortunately when I was out a toddler child managed to get... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by mrood, Mar 12, 2023.

1. mrood
    mrood Guest

So I have 3 new special editions Microsoft Elite controllers, all on my desk on holders

Unfortunately when I was out a toddler child managed to get all 3 controllers and dribble all over them, literally wet like soaked, when switched on it seemed someone was pressing the buttons like spam pressing, so I know its conductive so the buttons are being pressed

So i took off the front cover housing, and used cotton bud tips to soak up the baby saliva

it was all over the D pad and analogue sticks

I then placed for 2 days on a heated vent, like luke warm air

Now its dry Ive tested all of them, they work other than the D pads, on one of them "down" doesnt work on the other 2 "right" doesnt work, unless I APPLY a lot of pressure on one of them

How to fix, i mean baby saliva is not acid, 3 new elite controllers replaced is like £400

So im thinking because its saliva, its dried up and left residue which now is causing a contact issue? or could it be its fried so some buttons dont work

Any recommendations to a fix?>

:)

mrood, Mar 12, 2023
  2. mrood Win User

hi

ive bought 2 new core elite controllers. These 3 have been binned

regARDS
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello mrood,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

Damage caused by any external cause (including, for example, by being dropped, exposed to liquid, or used with inadequate ventilation) Download (Please see Warranty Exclusions)

Warranty and Protection Plan Terms & Conditions - Microsoft Support

You may also try to clean your controller by following the steps on the link below

Clean and care for your Xbox console and accessories | Xbox Support

If you would like to request for a replacement, please visit: Request an Xbox controller replacement | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  4. Bountyhunterxx5 Win User

Elite controller series 2

It's highly likely that both the new elite controller and current elite and standard controllers will work with the new console.
  5. PatPower1 Win User

Xbox Game Pass Hitman 3 does not detect triggers on Xbox Elite Series 2 controller connected via BT

This is a new installation but I'll try reinstallation.

Just an FYI, this is a known issue for Epic Games purchases of Hitman 3:

There are many other threads on Reddit, too. I thought that the issue would have been fixed from Xbox Game Pass, caught by a quality check for a Microsoft published platform but evidently this slipped through.
  6. Albert X Win User

Controller lifetime

It is all a matter of how well you treat your controllers. I personally have had my Elite controller for 3 plus years and it is like brand new. I don't think there is a determined time frame.
Thema:

1. 3 new elite controllers are not working, how to fix - Similar Threads - elite controllers are

2. Will Microsoft bond their grips fot the next generation of elite controller or will they...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Microsoft bond their grips fot the next generation of elite controller or will they...: I have owned both a elite one and Elite 2 both of which the glued hand grips have come away one actually injuring me so I was wondering if Microsoft was going to drop their scummy attitude of...
  3. My Xbox Elite 2 left controller wont work when I push down to use.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Elite 2 left controller wont work when I push down to use.: while playing the Left controller wont function when I push down to use that function. how do i fix that. its only 8 months old . 9995a63b-4a8a-4090-9d1a-a3b32fec8997
  4. When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...: When my controller (Xbox Elite Series 2) is in hair-trigger mode and I push down and continue to push down it makes this weird squeaking noise. This does not happen with my left trigger. I have...
  5. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  6. Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.: I have an Elite 2 controller but the xbox button turns on and off. It'll be on for up to 5 seconds but none of the buttons work and it flashes really fast as if it connected but automatically...
  7. I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...: I've had this pad since last December and now I'm start to get a major stick drift on the right analog stick. However I didn't purchase it directly from Microsoft/Xbox. What can I do. Can I get a...
  8. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  9. My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware: Why my Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware? The rest of my controlller updated to the firmware 5.20.7.0 without any problem, but The Elite 2 remains with 5.17.3202.0. The...
  10. controller elite series 2 barely working

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller elite series 2 barely working: my LB and RB stopped working ages ago and required a heavy amount of force so i switched to the back buttons which have been working, until most of my buttons stopped working fully execpt my RT,...