2nd series x for daughter how to share game pass

Discus and support 2nd series x for daughter how to share game pass in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; currently have a series in the house that myself and my daughter sign into i pay for ultimate monthly on my profile looking at getting a 2nd on all... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Optical 1, Mar 11, 2023.

1. Optical 1
    Optical 1 Guest

currently have a series in the house that myself and my daughter sign into i pay for ultimate monthly on my profile

looking at getting a 2nd on all access but unsure how the mechanics of the 2 years live will work and how we can still both share ultimate

how can i set it up so it works for us both with having to pay monthly for one live plus a 2nd for the all access

THANK YOU

:)

Optical 1, Mar 11, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good afternoon

To share Game Pass Ultimate with your daughter on a second Xbox Series console, you can set up Home console sharing on your primary Xbox Series console. Here's how:

On your primary Xbox Series console, sign in with the account that has an active Game Pass Ultimate subscription.

Go to Settings > General > Personalization, and then select My home Xbox.

Select Make this my home Xbox, and then follow the on-screen instructions.

Once your primary Xbox Series console is set as your home console, you can sign in to your account on your daughter's second Xbox Series console and download and play games that are included with Game Pass Ultimate. Your daughter will also be able to sign in to her own account on the second console and access the games, as long as you are signed in to your account on your primary console.

If you purchase a second Xbox Series console through the Xbox All Access program, you will also receive a 24-month subscription to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. This subscription will be tied to the console, not your account, so you can use it to access Game Pass Ultimate games on the second console without having to pay for a separate subscription.

Keep in mind that you can only change your home Xbox a limited number of times per year, so be sure to choose the console that you want to use as your primary carefully. Additionally, if you cancel your Game Pass Ultimate subscription, you will lose access to the games that are included with the subscription.
  3. Aryotus Win User

2 Accounts Signed in on same series x, both will open the same game

Make 1 of the Xboxes the "Home Xbox". When done make sure privacy and sharing preferences are set on the "Home Xbox" to share. After that all the games on the "Home Xbox" are accessible by any profile added to that "Home Xbox. The other (non "Home Xbox) has to have the game purchased under that 2nd Xboxes main profile or purchased as a gift from any profile and sent to a chosen profile to be downloaded when that profile signs onto their Xbox. I have an Xbox One X in my living room controlled by my 2nd account profile. I have a Series X in my game room "Home Xbox" controlled by my 1st profile. Example; I log on the Series X with that main profile and buy/download Division 2 with all expansions and passes. I then log on the One X with my 2nd profile (main for that One X) and buy/download Division 2 with out the expansion and passes. So now a family member adds their profile to the One X, if they own the Division 2 they can play it and as much of the content that I have purchased. To play the full version on the One X someone has to buy it for that console, However anyone else that logs onto the One X with their profile that doesn't own any of Division 2 content can't play it at all. They can launch it but it will direct them to the store. Now adding Ultimate Game Pass to the One X allows profiles to download and play any games available through game pass. Remember my Series X will allow any profile added and signed onto can play any games and use the Ultimate Game Pass to download and play from my Series X. One X has limitations for profiles due to that profile owners games owned and which games are in the One X. Confusing ........ ?
  4. StevenMcNally2 Win User

Just upgraded to series X but can't make it home xbox

Because my 2 kids now share ultimate game pass or whatever is called this really isn't much use.

When the older son had his xbox one the 2 boys could share the gold pass and ultimate pass etc but now he has upgraded to x series these features are no longer shared between the 2 kids.

All I want is what they had when they both had xbox ones is to hVe the same now one has upgraded to x series.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Game Pass sharing

You need to log in on your daughters Xbox with the account that purchased Xbox game pass, then make the console the home xbox using that account. Once you have done that, the games will be able to be played on that console.

If your daughter logs in on the Xbox one X with her account, and makes that the home Xbox using her account, then you will be able to share her games on that console too.
  6. Francia J. Win User

2nd Xbox-X in the house

Not at all, you can share a game and subscription to an Xbox console.

If you own the game you can play the game even if you play on Xbox One or on the Xbox Series X but since your daughter does not own the game, she needs to play on the console that you set as Home Xbox.
Thema:

1. 2nd series x for daughter how to share game pass - Similar Threads - 2nd series daughter

2. 2nd time asking, Why does watching YouTube from my xbox one blow out my modem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    2nd time asking, Why does watching YouTube from my xbox one blow out my modem?: This is my 2nd time asking about this problem. for some reason, i wasn't notified that I had a response(notification checked) and it was locked. that makes no sense to lock. i should be able to...
  3. Xbox Requests: Week of February 2nd, 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of February 2nd, 2024: Xbox Requests: Capturing all your ideas, across all of Xbox, every week! From PC gaming to Xbox consoles, and everything in between, if you have an idea or feature request that you want to share...
  4. How can I get my controller repaired? Still broken after 2nd times repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I get my controller repaired? Still broken after 2nd times repair: This is what I got from 2nd repair. 2024-01-09 172116.png My controller cannot charge after 3 months use. Because it is still in warranty so I tried to get it repaired. Frist time send it to...
  5. My account can't play any game if I try to log in as first player, but if I play as 2nd,...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account can't play any game if I try to log in as first player, but if I play as 2nd,...: Glitch in Xbox software. Xbox account glitch. (I don't know what else to put.) 5c10558f-ea38-434f-af08-5f495ec82374
  6. Can't download a 2nd minecraft account for a 2nd child? Have bought a new key.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download a 2nd minecraft account for a 2nd child? Have bought a new key.: I have recently bought minecraft for pc for my sons new pc. When we try to install it says that I already have it installed. Seems to be because a few yrs ago, we bought minecraft for my eldest...
  7. When a 2nd Xbox profile/ gamertag is created, Is there any way to replace or change or link...

in XBoX Accessibility
    When a 2nd Xbox profile/ gamertag is created, Is there any way to replace or change or link...: My son created a 2nd gamer tag & profile on XBOX different from the original one that is associated with our Microsoft account & Epic Games. Now, whenever I try to upload a Fortnite V bucks card,...
  8. If I get 2nd series X console can !

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I get 2nd series X console can !: Put both under the same email address but, different ID's and both be used at the same time? bb5b1ee3-e22c-4838-a46f-410861cfe703
  9. 2nd New Lego 2k Drive Xbox Series X Disc Won't Install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    2nd New Lego 2k Drive Xbox Series X Disc Won't Install: Like the title says this is the 2nd brand new copy of Lego 2k Drive that simply doesn't do anything when put into my Xbox series x. I've went through all the generic trouble shooting including...
  10. XBOX SERIES X 2ND BROKEN DISC DRIVE IN 1 YEAR 3 MONTH

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES X 2ND BROKEN DISC DRIVE IN 1 YEAR 3 MONTH: So my xbox series x disc drive broke after 8 months last January 2022, now 1 year 3 months later it has broke AGAIN after only playing a few dvds to watch the 1st season of The Sopranos on it. I...