2 xbox one x's in one house

Discus and support 2 xbox one x's in one house in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; we have just bought a 2nd xbox one for our family. We have one Microsoft Account and have created a Family within this Account.My son signs into his... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PG808, Nov 29, 2019.

  1. PG808
    PG808 Guest

    2 xbox one x's in one house


    we have just bought a 2nd xbox one for our family. We have one Microsoft Account and have created a Family within this Account.My son signs into his xbox one and has access to all of the digital content we have bought over the years. I would like to have
    the same content access on the 2nd Xbox, would like to be able to use both xboxes simultaneously and would like to play with or against oneanother from the 2 xboxes.

    What do I need to make this possible?

    :)
     
    PG808, Nov 29, 2019
    #1
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

    2 xbox one x's in one house

    Hello PG808,

    Thank you for keeping us updated. The home console feature allows a single account to share it's digital content to all other accounts on the console. The disc version is not shareable. Only the digital content is shareable. You would need to have two
    discs in order to play the game on two different consoles. Go ahead and follow the troubleshooting steps that the ambassadors and moderator provided to set it up. You will need to establish the account that owns the content as the home console profile. We
    hope this information helps.
  3. Niko1664 Win User

    2 xbox one x's in one house

  4. RandyAU93 Win User

    2 xbox one x's in one house

    I'm a bit confused because I've read that each x box console has to have its own digital or disk copy of the game to play the game at the same time on both consoles??
    You are correct that each console needs a license to play the game. The key point here is that when you own a game digitally, you get TWO licenses. One of those licenses is stored on the console your account has set as its Home Xbox. This is what allows
    any other user to play the games you own on that particular Xbox. The second license goes wherever you are signed in at that time. So if you're at the second console in your home (the first being your Home Xbox), you sign in and then your second license becomes
    available to you while you're signed in there. Someone who signs into your Home Xbox will still be able to play that game since they'd be using the stored license.
  5. PG808 Win User

    2 xbox one x's in one house

    thanks, so to be really clear, I cannot use the digital content at the same time on 2 consoles?

    I can share it to all other Accounts on the same console.

    regarding disk versions, I need one version per console to play simultaneously and I cannot share it with another Account on the same console
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

    2 xbox one x's in one house

    Hi PG808,

    Thanks for your post. Like RandyAU93 had mentioned, the home Xbox feature allows for the use of two console to play the same game at the same time using one digital copy of the game. For more information on this, check out:

    My Home Xbox
    .

    I hope this helps.
Thema:

2 xbox one x's in one house

Loading...
  1. 2 xbox one x's in one house - Similar Threads - x's house

  2. Xbox One X stuck on E106 after Insider OS update – OSU1 doesn’t work

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X stuck on E106 after Insider OS update – OSU1 doesn’t work: Hi everyone, I need some help with my Xbox One X. My console was previously enrolled in the Xbox Insider/Preview program. I formatted the original internal HDD, and now the console is stuck in the...
  3. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  4. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  5. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  6. Series X won’t power on in my house (UK) but will in other people’s

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X won’t power on in my house (UK) but will in other people’s: Hello. My Xbox Series X won’t power on but only in my house (UK). Due to other commitments, it hadn’t been played in a couple months. Tried to switch on recently and got no response. Have tried...
  7. My Xbox controller won’t connect to my Xbox series X after coming home from a friends house

    in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox controller won’t connect to my Xbox series X after coming home from a friends house: My Xbox controller won’t connect to my Xbox series X after coming home from a friends house 1f51beb9-acd9-4b24-b420-a36079c751b5
  8. Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need...: Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need to transfer it to a storage expansion card or the consoles internal storage ....
  9. Cant connect to wifi on Series X even though every other device in the house can

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to wifi on Series X even though every other device in the house can: Have owned the series.x for just under 6 hours. First impressions are that it is a complete pile of junk. Have never owned xbox consoles before and thinking I will ditch this one and go back to my...
  10. I have 2 Xbox Series X in my house. Only 1 was able to download New Home Experience

    in XboX Insiders
    I have 2 Xbox Series X in my house. Only 1 was able to download New Home Experience: I’m in the beta ring. I have 2 Xboxes in my house. 1 upstairs and 1 downstairs. One has the New Home Experience and the other doesn’t. My consoles still updates and everything. I have the newest...