2 XBOX ONE consoles on one gold live subscription

Discus and support 2 XBOX ONE consoles on one gold live subscription in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi guys, please help! you probably have had this before but just wanted to talk to someone to confirm it really. We have a XBOX ONE with a gold... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DarrenLong2, Jan 7, 2019.

1. DarrenLong2
    DarrenLong2 Guest

Hi guys, please help!

you probably have had this before but just wanted to talk to someone to confirm it really. We have a XBOX ONE with a gold membership, but I have 2 kids who are 9 and 11 and want to play online with there friends at the same time, arguments have started lol.
    So if I buy a second console can they play each other in separate rooms or play with there friends on the same game or even different games at the same time but with only one gold membership, or do I need 2 separate gold memberships. hope anyone can help.
    Cheers Darren.

:)

DarrenLong2, Jan 7, 2019
  2. WPAK Win User

xBox Live Gold: Multiple consoles.

Hi there,

there is not an option to share subscriptions in one household.

But since this is for 2 consoles, there is an alternate option.

You can use the Home console feature. If for example one of your kids accounts has a Gold subscription that account is able to use the Gold features on any console that is connected to Xbox Live.

That account is also able to assign one Xbox One console as their Home console, which will result that their Gold subscription is shared on that Home console, allowing other profiles on that Home console to use Gold features too.

See this link for more information in regards to Home console features:
    https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/xbox-live/xbox-live-gold-sharing-features

This will also be the case for other subscriptions and for digital purchased games.

In your situation, if child A has a Gold console, and assigns console 1 as their Home console, child B (and any other profile) will be able to use Gold features on console 1.

Child A will be able to use Gold features on any other console as long as the console is connected to Xbox Live (Internet)

Keep in mind that if their is a Service issue or internet issue, digital purchased games can only be played on the account's Home console.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask
  3. Mistress Sara Win User

Xbox accounts

Hi there,

It's best to have each user have their own account.

On an Xbox One, you only need one account with a Live subscription. The account that has the subscription can make a console it's home console so games and the Live subscription will be shared with all users on that console. More info can be found here:
    http://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/xbox-live/xbox-live-gold-sharing-features
  4. luissolid Win User

Xbox One S All-Digital Edition and 'two xbox one consoles at home'

In this case you only can have one "Home Console" and in that console your family can play and have Xbox Live Gold.

In the console 2 and 3 only the account that have the Gold subscription and bought the games can play it.
  5. taidara Win User

I cant connect to LIVE

Greetings ghost huner148!

To be able to share games, downloadable content purchased, along with Xbox Live Gold sharing features, to anyone who sign in on your console, there has to be at least one account tied to a Gold subscription and the console has to be set as the designated
    Home console

Since you are able to take advantage of the Gold sharing features on your oldest brother's Xbox One console, this would then mean that he has a Gold subscription and with his console set at Home.

According to your profile, it doesn't seem to be tied to Gold subscription.

For more information regarding Xbox Live Gold sharing features on the Xbox One, please read:

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-gold-sharing-features
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

How many Xbox Live subscriptions do I need?

The Op cleraly stated "I have 3 Xbox One consoles in my household. Mine and one each for two of my boys" That makes 3 xbox consoles that he wants to connect on xbox live.

How can the OP use only 2 gold subscriptions for 3 xbox consoles?!

Daft Badger I suggest you to read better the conditions of using home with gold:

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-gold-sharing-features
Thema:

1. 2 XBOX ONE consoles on one gold live subscription - Similar Threads - consoles gold live

2. Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console: I've tried absolutely everything possible, clearing Xbox 360 cache, deleting and redownloading the profile, it doesn't give me an error code, just tells me to go here, I'm clueless and without...
  3. Latest Alpha skip ahead Broke my console

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Alpha skip ahead Broke my console: So I installed the last alpha skip ahead on to my series s and now it won't turn on. I push the power button it lights up plays chime, sits for a second beeps and turns off. I have it unplugged...
  4. My xbox 360 console does not let me log in to my xbox live how can i be able to log in or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 console does not let me log in to my xbox live how can i be able to log in or...: How do i log in my xbox 360 account since it dont let me? fa880fd0-2680-4dc3-999d-21aef2bd8008
  5. Xbox gold on 3 consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gold on 3 consoles: Can I have 3 Xbox with one account gold live and use one at a time, will all 3 have Xbox gold? 6e90dc02-b009-4683-8736-46043789e5c6
  6. World of Tanks Console store empty for key cards and gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    World of Tanks Console store empty for key cards and gold: Since 10 days WOT shop for key cards and gold are empty. I have contacted WOT cosole support and they suggested to check my localization settings fo xbox. I checked and send them screenshots. Now...
  7. WOT console - empty gold/keycard store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WOT console - empty gold/keycard store: after the last world of tanks console update, in the game client store, gold and keycard sections are empty. WOT support told me that it"s because of localization problem / contact xbox live...
  8. Can my 360 console use a live gold card if so why does mine not do it it shows my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my 360 console use a live gold card if so why does mine not do it it shows my...: Can my 360 console use my gold card membership mine wont give me nothing free or even a game to play free i spent 25 bucks for nothing tell me why plz 5186f875-9de4-4eda-ad36-6e225559eab3
  9. I have xbox gold live but when I go to the all console games, it tells me that I have to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have xbox gold live but when I go to the all console games, it tells me that I have to...: I have a purchased xbox live gold ,but can't play any games that are on the console. It states that I have to purchase the ultimate. Is this correct? e0863ac5-a9d7-46c5-b5ab-272fda0993d8
  10. MY CONSOL IS ASKING ME TO PAY FOR A GAME I GOT FREE WITH GOLD

in XBoX on Consoles
    MY CONSOL IS ASKING ME TO PAY FOR A GAME I GOT FREE WITH GOLD: I downloaded walking dead season 2 game but when it finished downloading season 1 disappeared and now wants me to pay for it I downloaded both on games for gold so why do I have to pay for season...