2 Wired controllers both try to be player 1, input only accepted from last controller that is ...

Discus and support 2 Wired controllers both try to be player 1, input only accepted from last controller that is ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I purchased 2 brand new, wired microsoft branded xbox 360 controllers for use with my xbox 360 E console. When both are plugged in, they try to be... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TakingNumber515, Aug 5, 2016.

1. 2 Wired controllers both try to be player 1, input only accepted from last controller that is ...

I purchased 2 brand new, wired microsoft branded xbox 360 controllers for use with my xbox 360 E console. When both are plugged in, they try to be player one, and only the last controller plugged in will work. Similar to the problem documented
    I haven't gone on the buy even more controllers for testing.

Troubleshooting steps taken.

1. powered off the console, power it back on, with both controllers plugged in. No change.

2. power off the console, unplug power from the console. power on the console with both controllers connected. no change.

3. power off the console. Power on the console with no controllers plugged in. Plug controllers in after console is powered on with nothing else connected, no change.

4. Plug controllers into different USB ports, including the ones on the back of the console, no change.

5. With no contollers connected, power on wireless controller, it comes up as the first player controller. plug in first wired controller, it comes up as player 2. Plug in the second wired controller, it also comes up as player 2 and only the second wired
    controller that was plugged in works.

6. With no contollers connected, power on wireless controller as the first player controller. plug in first wired controller, it comes up as player 2. power off the wireless controller. plug in second wired controller, it comes up as player 2. only the
    last wired controller that was plugged in works.

Each controller works by itself, so I have no reason to believe the controllers are faulty. All of the USB ports work. I have to think there is some software problem.

:)

TakingNumber515, Aug 5, 2016
  2. LausDomini
    LausDomini Guest
    Unable to use multiple XBox 360 controllers while streaming

I have two XBox 360 wired controllers plugged into two USB ports on my Windows 10 desktop. The controllers work, and I can, for instance, open up Fallout Shelter and navigate around with either controller.

The problem starts when I stream to my XBox One. Suddenly only one controller accepts input. Either controller works in either USB port if it is the only one connected, but with both controllers plugged in, input is only accepted from one of the controllers.

I am trying to play a 4-player game with my two XBox One controllers and two XBox 360 controllers. But for whatever reason I am maxed out at 3 players only since something is blocking the second XBox 360 controller.

LausDomini, Aug 5, 2016
  3. bigjuju88
    bigjuju88 Guest
    wired xbox 360 controllers

Okay. Here's a list of what I did to try and trouble-shoot the issue.

1 - Turned off and unplugged XBOX 360. Plugged in 3 Microsoft brand wired controllers into USB ports on the back. Plugged in XBOX 360 and powered on. All 3 controllers show Player 1. Unplugged each controller individually at the in-line release/breakaway
    connector and reconnected. No change. Each still shows Player 1.

2 - Turned off and unplugged XBOX 360. Plugged in 1 Microsoft brand wireless controller into USB port on front (I know it's a wireless controller but this one is used and the rechargeable battery is completely dead and won't hold a charge.). Plugged in
    3 Microsoft brand wired controllers into USB ports on the back. Plugged in XBOX 360 and powered on. All 3 regular wired controllers show Player 1. Wireless controller that's plugged into a USB port shows as Player 2.

Thanks.

bigjuju88, Aug 5, 2016
  4. 2 Wired controllers both try to be player 1, input only accepted from last controller that is ...

The same happens to me.

if you get any solution, please notify us.

I will continue investigating the matter.

If I get something, I do know you

VirtualGnat312, Aug 6, 2016
  5. I requested an exchange of one of the controllers from amazon, and they shipped the replacement before I was required to send one back. I now have 3 wired controllers, and any 2 of them that are plugged in will come up as the same player. I guess I'll
    keep requesting exchanges until I come up with 2 that work together, or they get tired of it.

TakingNumber515, Oct 31, 2018
  6. TakingNumber515 Win User

2 Wired controllers both try to be player 1, input only accepted from last controller that is plugged in

I requested an exchange of one of the controllers from amazon, and they shipped the replacement before I was required to send one back. I now have 3 wired controllers, and any 2 of them that are plugged in will come up as the same player. I guess I'll
    keep requesting exchanges until I come up with 2 that work together, or they get tired of it.
  7. VirtualGnat312 Win User

2 Wired controllers both try to be player 1, input only accepted from last controller that is plugged in

The same happens to me.

if you get any solution, please notify us.

I will continue investigating the matter.

If I get something, I do know you
  8. PTAlves Win User

Problem Connecting my 2 wired controls

Yeah, i have 2 wireless controls and connect fine if i put 2 wired and 2 wireless connect togheter, the wired connect to player 1 and wireless connect to player 2 and the other to player 3. The problems is only in the wired conttrols, they connect both
    to player 1.
  9. AgreeingBeatle7 Win User

2 Wired Controllers not connecting properly

I have the same problem with both controllers only seen as Player 1. They are both the black MS Xbox 360 wired controller. I tried all the ports, one at a time, together, on, off etc. Nothing works. I can only use one wireless and one wired if I want
    2 players but not 2 wired together. Help! Is there a fix? Otherwise I will return the wired controllers and buy just wireless.
  10. Tartutek Win User

Both Wired Controllers are Player 1

I have tried "tricking" the system before by using my wireless controllers. What I did was turned on both wireless controllers which came on as 1 and 2 . Then plugging in a wired controller for player 3. Then turning off the player 1 wireless controller
    and plugging in the second wired controller which I thought would star up as player 1, but it went to player 3 as well.

I will try what you are suggesting and report back it that works.
Thema:

2 Wired controllers both try to be player 1, input only accepted from last controller that is ...

1. 2 Wired controllers both try to be player 1, input only accepted from last controller that is ... - Similar Threads - Wired controllers both

2. Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?: My Xbox S is acting strange lately, my controller is always plugged into my xbox and today it was working and then right in the middle of the game. It just turned off so I unplugged it then...
  3. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  4. so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...: so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around LT and RT instead of one of my joysticks f4b7a134-1bf5-46de-a074-9f4c339e40f9
  5. My wired Xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox controller: Hey I bought a wired Xbox controller in December and it won’t work on my Xbox one till this day * Moved from Community Center 08594fb2-87f5-4e39-a978-c09a25b66842
  6. My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox: My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox e667e29d-baa6-4e38-b72a-77fe31dd074f
  7. My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.: I've been trying to connect my Xbox controller to my pc via bluethooth but it won't appear in the bluethooth area, I tried updating the drivers, updating the controller through the Xbox...
  8. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  9. Xbox controller when wired to PC stops responding every time when put at certain angles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller when wired to PC stops responding every time when put at certain angles: I plug in my Xbox wireless controller to PC for gaming. Whenever I put it down or it reaches at a level angle, it immediately stops responding (all buttons stop working but the light is on). The...
  10. How do I get my wired xbox controller and joycons to both work independant of eachother on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my wired xbox controller and joycons to both work independant of eachother on...: First off, when I use the joycons in game, the left joystick doesn't work. The wired controller works fine But when I try to play a two player game like it takes two with both devices connected,...