2 issues. One basic, the other idiot based.

Discus and support 2 issues. One basic, the other idiot based. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Prepare to facepalm, cry or laugh. Xbox One. Had for 2-3 years with zero issues. I press the power "button" on the console and there are no signs of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sm1le88, Apr 21, 2018.

  1. Sm1le88
    Sm1le88 Guest

    2 issues. One basic, the other idiot based.


    Prepare to facepalm, cry or laugh.

    Xbox One. Had for 2-3 years with zero issues.

    I press the power "button" on the console and there are no signs of life. Then try the controller which flashes as usual but still no life on the console.

    Ok, let's do the ol' "when in doubt, unplug for 10 minutes".

    I decide to use the opportunity to take down the serial number. Take it to another area to write it down. With the console upright with the vents facing the heavens.

    And .... It's difficult to say this..... I knock an open tub of bird seed onto the poor thing.

    *laughing to avoid crying and having a 20 something breakdown* Oh my word!

    So, join me in the disbelief in the stupidity?

    Or share similar less idiotic experiences?

    Or just a Nelson "haahaa".

    *Edit.

    I also have a teeny suspicion that the Xbox knew that earlier in the day, I had looked into what the ps4 world is about since I've been pining to be a part of the vr life (not that i have the money). And was punishing me for the
    violation of loyalty.

    :)
     
    Sm1le88, Apr 21, 2018
    #1
  2. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    Poker! achievement

    I am an idiot for wasting a total of 3 1/2 hours trying it. What a dumb achievement. I hate luck based achievements.
     
    brandiesel1, Apr 21, 2018
    #2
  3. TheDarth
    TheDarth Guest
    Stats issues, will there be a "Reset stats" option?

    Same here. Issues with the stats. There's other people having the same issue based on the reviews in the Windows Store.

    I'm running a Surface 2, 64GB.
     
    TheDarth, Apr 21, 2018
    #3
  4. 2 issues. One basic, the other idiot based.

    Sorry to hear about the bird seed incident!

    Were you able to get the console working or are you still running into issues?

    You might try all of the steps on the
    no power guide
    , and if those steps fail you can reach out to the
    chat team
    for assistance with setting up a repair.

    Let us know how that goes and watch out for those birds...
     
    Mister Getafix, Apr 21, 2018
    #4
  5. Sm1le88
    Sm1le88 Guest
    Hey. Thanks for the reply 2 issues. One basic, the other idiot based. :)

    I've not tried turning it on since. I'm worried about the thing being full of seed lol. I've turned it sideways to try to tip them out but .... there is a lot in there still lol
     
    Sm1le88, Apr 21, 2018
    #5
  6. That is a concern for sure, you might try shifting it around so the vents are at the bottom and the seed can pour out. We would definitely recommend keeping it fully unplugged during any kind of cleaning process.

    If you keep running into issues we would suggest reaching out to the chat team like we mentioned before.

    We wish you the best with that!
     
    Mister Getafix, Nov 1, 2018
    #6
  7. Sm1le88 Win User

    2 issues. One basic, the other idiot based.

    Sorry to hear about the bird seed incident!

    Were you able to get the console working or are you still running into issues?

    You might try all of the steps on the
    no power guide
    , and if those steps fail you can reach out to the
    chat team
    for assistance with setting up a repair.

    Let us know how that goes and watch out for those birds...
    Hey. Thanks for the reply :)

    I've not tried turning it on since. I'm worried about the thing being full of seed lol. I've turned it sideways to try to tip them out but .... there is a lot in there still lol
  8. Mister Getafix Win User

    2 issues. One basic, the other idiot based.

    Sorry to hear about the bird seed incident!

    Were you able to get the console working or are you still running into issues?

    You might try all of the steps on the
    no power guide
    , and if those steps fail you can reach out to the
    chat team
    for assistance with setting up a repair.

    Let us know how that goes and watch out for those birds...

    Hey. Thanks for the reply :)

    I've not tried turning it on since. I'm worried about the thing being full of seed lol. I've turned it sideways to try to tip them out but .... there is a lot in there still lol
    That is a concern for sure, you might try shifting it around so the vents are at the bottom and the seed can pour out. We would definitely recommend keeping it fully unplugged during any kind of cleaning process.

    If you keep running into issues we would suggest reaching out to the chat team like we mentioned before.

    We wish you the best with that!
  9. Mister Getafix Win User

    2 issues. One basic, the other idiot based.

    Sorry to hear about the bird seed incident!

    Were you able to get the console working or are you still running into issues?

    You might try all of the steps on the
    no power guide
    , and if those steps fail you can reach out to the
    chat team
    for assistance with setting up a repair.

    Let us know how that goes and watch out for those birds...
  10. brandiesel1 Win User

    Poker! achievement

    I am an idiot for wasting a total of 3 1/2 hours trying it. What a dumb achievement. I hate luck based achievements.
  11. DarkSoulReaver0 Win User

    Xbox One Wireless controller disconnection

    A bunch of threads all with the same issues. We get bs answers that are basically treating us like idiots. Kind of odd that a lot of people are having this problem at the same time. My cousins xb1 is like 20ft to my right and he is having issues with his
    controllers as well. Must be us idiot consumers. What a joke.
Thema:

2 issues. One basic, the other idiot based.

Loading...
  1. 2 issues. One basic, the other idiot based. - Similar Threads - issues basic idiot

  2. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  3. New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything

    in XboX Insiders
    New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything: I openned play.xbox.com and got a pop-up to try the new experience, which I accepted. Now on Chrome, Edge and on the Chrome APP, the interface is different, but everything is "dimmed" / Greyed out...
  4. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  5. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  6. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  7. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  8. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  9. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  10. Having issues runing minecraft Java, It's installed but it gives me an error basically...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having issues runing minecraft Java, It's installed but it gives me an error basically...: This is what it gives me when trying to launch. Failed to download file. Name: oshi-core-6.2.2.jar URL: https://libraries.minecraft.net/com/github/oshi/oshi-core/6.2.2/oshi-core-6.2.2.jar Error...