2 gamertags on 1 profile

Discus and support 2 gamertags on 1 profile in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I didn't like the hashtag in my gamertag when I made it and I changed my name immediately on the Xbox app, I changed it to a 16 character name, when... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Brandon The best, May 26, 2023.

1. 2 gamertags on 1 profile

So I didn't like the hashtag in my gamertag when I made it and I changed my name immediately on the Xbox app, I changed it to a 16 character name, when the hashtag gamertag didn't go away I called and asked why, they said 16 character tags isn't in their policy, so I was unable to get rid of the hashtag in the first gamertag. I was offered a free name change and didn't think about it until people started kicking me out of confusing because my gamertag would be different in party chat and in game. I called customerservice today 5/26/23 and the manager ended just being rude and hanging up on me I wanted a free name change due to their error. He said it states that if your gamer tag is over 12 characters you will keep both gamertags, I couldn't see that any where and xbox doesn't even allow a name change over 12 characters now. It was a very frustrating phone call. And showed me that the manager was unhelpful and gave me information that wasn't relevant and or valid.

:)

Brandon The best, May 26, 2023
  2. Christian Quinto Win User

2 gamertags on 1 profile

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! My name is Christian, an independent advisor. I'm here to help you out.

Sorry to hear your conversation with Xbox support didn't go so well.

You can refer to this link in case there are some things you don't understand about Gamertags.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

Now I'm not quite sure about Xbox support, but the best thing I can advise you is to check these links for any helpful tips.

https://support.xbox.com/en-PH/help/account-pro...

(The link is in English)

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Christian.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Xbox Live Gold Family on 2 Xbox, DLC issues

can't do it unless all profiles are on 1 console because if you do a drm transfer it is only to 1 console every 120 days

so gamertag A is the only profile that can use all content on both consoles

however when gamertag A wants to use esp 1 on console 2 you need to remain signed in at all times on live and all profiles can use ep 1 on console 2 and console 1 because all profiles can use the content on console 1

in other for all profiles to use ep 2 on console 1 gamertag A will have to be signed into live on console 1 but all profiles on console 1 can use the ep 2 and all profiles can use esp; 2 on console 2

thatd be the only solution other then buy the missing content on another gamertag on each console

as stated iuts not associated with all family profiles only console and purchasing gamertag
  4. HyruleBalverine Win User

name Change?

You can't actually do you want. This is because once you have created a gamertag, that gamertag becomes unavailable to any other profile for an indeterminate amount of time, even if the other profile is one you own. The closest thing to switching the gamertags
    that you can do is what DangerousBard has sugested and switch the Microsoft accounts associated with the two gamertags you are using. In doing it this way, Profile 1 stays Profile 1 but gains thw login e-mail that used to be tied to Profile 2; Profile 2 stays
    Profile 2 but gains the login e-mail that used to be tied to Profile 1.
  5. Reggie2Raw Win User

Issue with gamertag change

If a person searches for a gamertag's availability in their profile customization, it temporarily reserves that gamertag for a variable amount of time to that profile. For me, it's always from 15-40 minutes. I've searched for a gamertag's availability and
    it says it's available on Profile 1. I make Profile 2 to change it to that gamertag but it doesn't work. But 20 minutes later when I try again to change it to that gamertag on Profile 2, it says it's available. Now this how it is for ME whenever I see a gamertag
    I want on one profile and make another profile for that gamertag. They need to have a guideline in the gamertag customization, telling people what a taken and reserved gamertag mean, and more.
  6. DanielGabriel2 Win User

Gamertag transfer question

The problem is a lot of people run scripts from their computers to grab a gamertag that someone has free'd up. At the end of the day it's just a risk that someone will not have done a script on the gamertag you wish to use in question. The quickest thing
    I can suggest that has worked as I have done it myself as well.

Step 1.

buy a $10/£10 gift card and put it on the first account

buy a$10/£10 gift card and put it on the second account

We'll call the gamertag to get rid of as Gamertag 1, and the gamertag you want to swap Gamertag 1 with is called Gamertag 2

Step 3. Sign in to Gamertag 2 on the Xbox 360 console

Step 4. Press Guide Button > navigate to the Settings > Profile > Edit Profile > Gamertag

Step 5. Change Gamertag 2 to gamertag 3

Step 6. Quickly sign in to Gamertag 1 on the Xbox 360

Step 7. Press Guide Button > navigate to the Settings > Profile > Edit Profile > Gamertag

Step 8. Quickly change your gamertag from Gamertag 1 to Gamertag 2.

This is just an example obviously where as if it's Deno you want on the other account you would first change Deno, then on the new account change it to Deno. I do advise the quicker this process is done the better, thoroughly read these steps and ensure
    the gift cards have been successfully redeemed on both accounts prior to doing this.

Let me know how you get on!

Regards,

Daniel
Thema:

2 gamertags on 1 profile

1. 2 gamertags on 1 profile - Similar Threads - gamertags profile

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. how do i get my gamertag back

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do i get my gamertag back: I lost my gamertag that was over 12 characters and i need it back i have had it for over 19 years 29154ee5-f75e-498f-bf37-96938065bae1
  4. Xbox profile will not download after changing gamertag!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox profile will not download after changing gamertag!: So i had changed my gamertag on my series x console, and since then i am unable to download my 360 profile to play 360 games, for example L4D. i had called support twice & emailed, they are NO...
  5. Gamertag changed and new server profile (?)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag changed and new server profile (?): Hello everyone. to briefly explain my situation. I reinstalled my OS on a new SSD, thus also reinstalled my Minecraft. Logged into the same account I had played on literally 2 days before and my...
  6. When a 2nd Xbox profile/ gamertag is created, Is there any way to replace or change or link...

in XBoX Accessibility
    When a 2nd Xbox profile/ gamertag is created, Is there any way to replace or change or link...: My son created a 2nd gamer tag & profile on XBOX different from the original one that is associated with our Microsoft account & Epic Games. Now, whenever I try to upload a Fortnite V bucks card,...
  7. Why do I still see my old gamertag and my new gamertag on my profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do I still see my old gamertag and my new gamertag on my profile: I see my old gamertag and my new gamertag on my profile even tho I see my new gamertag online and this is my second time I changed it so I paid for it 0fb4f613-b1f3-48ae-af0d-1f2497ab440b
  8. I changed my gamertag but it didn't change on my profile.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag but it didn't change on my profile.: So I changed my gamertag from Isk4182 to Fortfire304 and in my games, when I play them, it shows Fortfire304, which is correct. But when I go onto my xbox profile it still says Isk4182. Can anyone...
  9. My gamertag isn't showing on my account or profile. What do I do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamertag isn't showing on my account or profile. What do I do?: My profile is showing an old gamertag but not the one I use. Wondering what do I do? 3c0f5590-24a4-4846-a118-69b945d0cfeb
  10. Changing my Gamertag, doesn't work to download my Profil

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing my Gamertag, doesn't work to download my Profil: Hi to all, I have changed my Gamerag, when i want to play and Ddownload my Profil it doesn't work. It shows me the Failure code 80151006. I Can't download my profil, what can i do that it work...