2 Accounts Signed in on same series x, both will open the same game

Discus and support 2 Accounts Signed in on same series x, both will open the same game in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my "home" xbox from an xboxone to a series s. The setup seemed to go fairly smoothly but here's the issue. My son's is the main... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by clavicle cool, Feb 23, 2022.

1. 2 Accounts Signed in on same series x, both will open the same game

I recently upgraded my "home" xbox from an xboxone to a series s. The setup seemed to go fairly smoothly but here's the issue. My son's is the main account as well as the home account, I'll call that Account A. Then I have my account I'll call Account B. Xbox is set to start as Account A, which needs to stay logged in for game share. I switch to Account B and start say, Dying Light 2. If I look at Account A under friends, it says Account A has also started Dying Light 2. I've never started that game with that account so I don't know why that would be. Second, The game runs just fine under Account B but if I go to play with a friend online, once the servers start to connect us, the XBox store opens to the purchase page of the game but it shows I've already purchased the game. I never had any of these issues with the setup on my xboxone and I'm thinking something got tweaked when I set up the series s. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

:)

clavicle cool, Feb 23, 2022
  2. Aryotus Win User

Make 1 of the Xboxes the "Home Xbox". When done make sure privacy and sharing preferences are set on the "Home Xbox" to share. After that all the games on the "Home Xbox" are accessible by any profile added to that "Home Xbox. The other (non "Home Xbox) has to have the game purchased under that 2nd Xboxes main profile or purchased as a gift from any profile and sent to a chosen profile to be downloaded when that profile signs onto their Xbox. I have an Xbox One X in my living room controlled by my 2nd account profile. I have a Series X in my game room "Home Xbox" controlled by my 1st profile. Example; I log on the Series X with that main profile and buy/download Division 2 with all expansions and passes. I then log on the One X with my 2nd profile (main for that One X) and buy/download Division 2 with out the expansion and passes. So now a family member adds their profile to the One X, if they own the Division 2 they can play it and as much of the content that I have purchased. To play the full version on the One X someone has to buy it for that console, However anyone else that logs onto the One X with their profile that doesn't own any of Division 2 content can't play it at all. They can launch it but it will direct them to the store. Now adding Ultimate Game Pass to the One X allows profiles to download and play any games available through game pass. Remember my Series X will allow any profile added and signed onto can play any games and use the Ultimate Game Pass to download and play from my Series X. One X has limitations for profiles due to that profile owners games owned and which games are in the One X. Confusing ........ ?
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

You need to assign one of the Xboxes as both of your home Xboxes. This will allow you to share games without the master account being signed in

https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/help/hardware-network/console/my-home-xbox
  4. Aryotus Win User

It's 1 of the Xboxes that are "designated" "Home Xbox" not the profile, though the profile that set it up should be the "main profile" for it. That means email and passwords and Microsoft account that controls the "Home Xbox".
  5. Tezzerrific Win User

I bought voucher codes for Gold yet 1 went on my series X account and the other 3 on my xbox one account. How can I change this to be all on my Series X account??

both Xbox one and series x should be the same account and therefore won't make any difference, unless you have 2 separate, if 2 separate accounts then you are out of luck.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Will the same xbox game pass subscription cover both xbox one and xbox series x

The subscription can be used on any Xbox One or Series S/X that you sign into. As long as you're using the same account on both consoles, you'll have access to the subscription.
Thema:

1. 2 Accounts Signed in on same series x, both will open the same game - Similar Threads - Accounts Signed same

2. Had an account on Nintendo switch, trying to sign in on same account on Xbox to get the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Had an account on Nintendo switch, trying to sign in on same account on Xbox to get the...: My son played Fortnite on the switch using an account using my email address. He then got an Xbox and set up an account using his own email. Now trying to sign in on the Xbox using the account...
  3. cant sign into a Xbox account because of two accounts under same Email

in XBoX Accessibility
    cant sign into a Xbox account because of two accounts under same Email: I am trying to sign into minecraft using the Xbox account but I somehow have 2 accounts under the same Email and there is no option to enter just the game tag and the password. I had this problem...
  4. can I use the same app and use different sign in accounts, As in sharing the app with...

in XBoX Accessibility
    can I use the same app and use different sign in accounts, As in sharing the app with...: Minecraft sharing the app, can I use the same app and use different sign in accounts, As in sharing the app with another person , if one signs out of their Microsoft account in the app, will they...
  5. So I have two Xbox accounts on the same hotmail and I installed the Xbox app and I signed...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So I have two Xbox accounts on the same hotmail and I installed the Xbox app and I signed...: I don't know how to fix this 06509762-407f-44cd-84ae-f07e9cbe6a0b
  6. Xbox says password is wrong, but i can sign into my microsoft account with the same password

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox says password is wrong, but i can sign into my microsoft account with the same password: I changed my microsoft account password and ever since I can not log into the xbox. I did find some ideas that I have tried. Again- the password I am attempting to use works to sign in to...
  7. "to make changes, sign in with the same account that signed up for this preview on this device"

in XboX Insiders
    "to make changes, sign in with the same account that signed up for this preview on this device": I was directed here by an xbox assistant, I can't un enroll from the xbox insiders program because I can't remember what account I enrolled on. I want to leave the early xbox update but I can't it...
  8. XB1-stream-to-Win10 no longer work, keeping asking me to sign in my XB1 with same account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XB1-stream-to-Win10 no longer work, keeping asking me to sign in my XB1 with same account: It worked before, I could play my XB1 remotely from my Windows 10 PC. About 1 or 2 weeks ago I tried to play again but it no longer work. When choosing the stream option in the Win10 Xbox App, it...
  9. Use same account to sign in 2 XBox S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Use same account to sign in 2 XBox S: Hello, we were able to sign in 2 Xboxes in separate rooms and play each other now when we sign in one of the xbox the other xbox logs out so we can not play the games anymore. how do we resolve...
  10. How can I sign into two different x box one s consoles under one gold account at the same time?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I sign into two different x box one s consoles under one gold account at the same time?: How can I sign into two different x box one s consoles under one gold account at the same time? 58f87900-f59a-4b2c-8bca-46e876f0edc5