2-4 controllers not working in games

Discus and support 2-4 controllers not working in games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have all of my controllers connected and paired to my console. I just updated the firmware as well. But when I go to copilot the game halo infinite... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dwellia ., Dec 9, 2022.

1. Dwellia .
    Dwellia . Guest

I have all of my controllers connected and paired to my console. I just updated the firmware as well. But when I go to copilot the game halo infinite says to reconnect my controller as it lost connection and does nothing. When I turn that off then the controller works again. All other controller do nothing but the big x and can shuffle around there. Why can we not do copilot or multiplayer locally with my controllers?

:)

Dwellia ., Dec 9, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Dwellia, your console would be a normal Xbox One S/X or the new generation Series S/X?

if it is a new generation console, try to remove games from quick resume. and tried to follow the procedures below.

Cache Xbox One

The first is a cache cleanup:

1. Go to xbox press and hold the XBOX power button on your console for 10 seconds until it turns off

2. Wait 10 seconds for it to turn off

3. Wait 1 minute with it off

4. Turn it back on

Xbox One reset keeping Games:

Press the Xbox button to open the panel.

Select system > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset console.

Restore and maintain my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

Note: You need to know the email and passwords of your accounts when performing this reset.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, no problem, you are playing on XCloud through the console, what I will suggest instead of putting a co-pilot, is to use a secondary account on the console to see if you can play.
  4. Dwellia . Win User

Thanks for the reply. I have done a soft reset and a complete reset but does not affect this for me.

I am playing all these games on the cloud. Does that matter?
  5. flashmanandy-16BB14C Win User

Issues Switching Users on Lego Marvel Superheroes

I have had to disable the kinect camera in game to make it playable with my 2 children.

1) controller put down, game pauses and asks for user.

2) Controller handed to someone else. game pauses and asks for someone else to sign in.

3) clicking the sign in button doesn't work and you get stuck in an endless log in loop.

4) its bl**dy annoying
  6. Carl21YJ Win User

Xbox controller not opening xbox gamebar on windows 11

Hi Kathy

1) Power cycle the controller

I have done this many many times and still does not work

2) Update controller

Controller is fully up to date, still does not work

3) Try the controller on Xbox

Tried on Xbox series x and the Xbox button works as normal

4) Try using controller on mobile/other pc

Tried on my iPhone and the xbox button works as normal. Do not have another pc to try it on.

Seems the Xbox button is working just fine though just not with the Xbox game bar.

Thanks

Carl
Thema:

1. 2-4 controllers not working in games - Similar Threads - controllers working games

2. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  3. I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...: I ran a stick drift test and it has none so it is something to do with cloud gaming. Anyone have any clue on what's going on and how to fix it? d13755ae-ae21-4815-9147-b9d6e76b5e39
  4. Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...: Why does my controller not select apps or options even though I see it responding but in games the controller works perfectly fine? It also keeps sticking to the top of the screen even though I...
  5. My Xbox One controller doesn't work with games on the game pass app on pc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox One controller doesn't work with games on the game pass app on pc.: My controller works perfectly fine with my Steam games, but when it comes to the Xbox app, my controller loses it's cool and forgets it is a controller (right stick moves the mouse button and the...
  6. Why is my Xbox series x controller buttons not working for my forza Horizon 5 game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Xbox series x controller buttons not working for my forza Horizon 5 game?: Hi. My forza horizon 5 game had an issue with the menu button not working when i was playing it on the new xbox series x. When I looked up how to fix it, I used the steps to reset the console as...
  7. Controller not working on a specific game after connected to the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller not working on a specific game after connected to the console: My brother connected my controller to his console (Xbox Series S), after that no matter how many times I connect and reconnect my controller to my computer, it doesn't work. I also tried system...
  8. When ever I use a controller on some games it doesn't work properly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When ever I use a controller on some games it doesn't work properly: it acts like its a keyboard and mouse and some often controls are switched randomly, this doesn't happen on all games right now its only happened on 2 Red Dead Redemption 2 and Jedi Survivor. I'm...
  9. 2nd wired controller won't work in game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    2nd wired controller won't work in game.: Hp pc trying to play split screen rocket league. Have 2 wired easysmx controllers. Both work independently. Both also sort of work simultaneously. The 2nd controller will work until we get in...
  10. Would any controller that works on PC work with cloud gaming as well?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Would any controller that works on PC work with cloud gaming as well?: I am thinking about getting a Scuf Envision and I want to see if it will work with cloud gaming. d06d2cb4-5225-4c00-ac23-097f2e89df7c