18 Things Microsoft Needs To Do With Xbox One Immediately

Discus and support 18 Things Microsoft Needs To Do With Xbox One Immediately in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Browsing through Appy Gamer yesterday, I found this article about critical changes Xbox One need asap. I couldnt agree more (well, maybe I can remember... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ricardo Gasparini Lage, Jan 6, 2014.

1. 18 Things Microsoft Needs To Do With Xbox One Immediately

Browsing through Appy Gamer yesterday, I found this article about critical changes Xbox One need asap. I couldnt agree more (well, maybe I can remember some other fix needed to be made so Xbox One turn out good as the Xbox 360).

"It's been over a month since Microsoft launched the Xbox One and ushered in a new generation of gaming. Billed as the all-in-one entertainment console, this machine is supposed to do just about everything aside from cooking your meals and wiping your
    butt. The Xbox One has had a successful launch and fulfills most of its promises, but there are definitely some things that we would like to see improved, changed, or added. Thus, the crew at Frag Tag Radio have comprised a list of things we want to happen
    with our new console (sooner rather than later). Here is that list.

1. Improve Party Chat

It's no secret that Party Chat on Xbox One has had issues since the launch. Microsoft needs to fix these issues immediately. Aside from fixing bugs, we have one major issue with Party Chat. Whenever you join a Party on Xbox One, you must “Turn On” the
    chat after joining. Party Chat should ALWAYS default to “On”. If I just joined a Party Chat, then I am obviously ready to CHAT.

2. Improve My Games & Apps

Clicking the “My games & apps” icon on the Xbox One dashboard will bring you to a screen where you can browse through all games and apps currently installed on the console. The problem? Everything is jumbled together. There needs to be a set of filters
    that players can utilize to find items without a hassle. There should be a filter to view “Games Only” or “Apps Only”. Furthermore, there should be a filter to view games and apps by letter. For example, if you want to view all games and apps that start with
    the letter “A”. There should also be a “Recent” filter, to view games or apps that you have accessed recently.

3. Add a Menu Tab

There are currently 3 tabs on the Xbox One dashboard – Pins, Home, & Store. The problem? Necessary apps (i.e. Messages, Achievements, Party, Friends, GameDVR, System Settings, Etc.) aren't always visible on the “Home” screen. You can pin these apps to
    the “Pins” screen, but that screen is supposed to be for pinning your favorite games and other apps, like Netflix or Hulu. Having to pin all of the necessary apps, along with our games and entertainment apps, makes the “Pins” tab a jumbled mess. System apps
    need their own tab.

4. Add a File Explorer

On Xbox 360, you can access your hard drive and manage all of your games, apps, and save files that are installed on the console. Where is this option on Xbox One? Well, it just isn't there right now and that needs to be fixed. You can go to the “My
    games & apps” tile on the “Home” screen to delete games or apps manually, but this is in no way a substitute for an actual File Explorer. Also, since you can't access your hard drive, you will have no idea how much free space you have. How you do find out?
    Currently, you won't find out until you are actually out of space. That is unacceptable.

5. Add External Hard Drive Support

Installing retail games was an option on Xbox 360, but on Xbox One it is mandatory. The new console features a 500GB hard drive, but the average retail game for Xbox One is 20-40GB. This means it won't take long before you are deleting old games to make
    space for new ones. Also, only about 370GB of that 500GB hard drive is usable for installing games and apps on your Xbox One. Microsoft needs to add support for external hard drives ASAP, and we're not talking about some over-priced/Microsoft-branded external
    hard drive either. We want to be able to plug in our 2TB Seagate hard drive, and we will accept nothing less.

6. Make Skype Snappable

Just about every video that Microsoft showed off demonstrating the Xbox One before launch showed people Skype chatting and watching TV or playing a game at the same time. So, why is that option not available? Your guess is as good as ours, but Microsoft
    needs to remedy this ASAP. Make Skype snappable.

7. Make ALL Apps Snappable

So you are playing Forza Motorsport 5 and you just got an Achievement. The prompt on your screen says to hold the Xbox guide button for details. You do so and start reading the details of your new achievement. What's wrong with that, you ask? Doing this
    has taken you out of Forza and into the “Achievements” app. Well, a few minutes later, one of your friends has sent you a message over Xbox Live. You hit the guide button to read his message, and then… You guessed it. Xbox One has taken you out of Forza again
    and into the “Messages” app. Microsoft needs to make all apps snappable, so we can view Achievements and read messages while we are playing.

8. Add Live Streaming

We all knew that this feature wasn't going to be available at launch, but that doesn't make it any less important. Players want to live stream on Twitch, YouTube, Ustream, etc. PS4 features live streaming out of the box, and that means Microsoft needs
    to add this to Xbox One ASAP.

9. Add Media Streaming Through SmartGlass

With AppleTV and Google Chromecast, streaming media (videos, music, and pictures) to your TV through a phone or tablet is simple and painless. This is an awesome feature that thousands of people use, and the potential is there for Microsoft to do the
    same for SmartGlass on Xbox One. Allow players to stream media from their phone or tablet with SmartGlass to the TV through Xbox One! Sadly, this feature is not currently available and we think Microsoft needs to add it immediately. If they want Xbox One to
    be a true All-In-One media box (and they do), then this feature is a must.

10. Bring Back Player Created Soundtracks

There are always great games with horrible soundtracks. That was never a problem on Xbox 360, because you could just press the guide button and start your own soundtrack. Any mp3s you had on your hard drive could be used. You could also simply plug any
    iPod, Zune, or music player into the 360 via USB. This was an awesome feature that was somehow overlooked for Xbox One. BRING IT BACK!

11. Add 7.1/5.1 Surround Sound via Optical Input

Currently, the Xbox One features both 7.1 & 5.1 Surround Sound via HDMI, but strangely, neither of these features are available via the Optical Output. Really, there is no excuse for this feature not being available. Microsoft needs to remedy this immediately.

12. Support More Headsets

Yes, Microsoft has confirmed that support for 3rd party headsets (i.e. Turtle Beach) is coming. Yet, they have given no solid date for when that support is coming or even a good time frame beyond “sometime in 2014″, and that's just not good enough in
    our opinion. PS4 supports 3rd party headsets right out of the box, which means Microsoft needed to add this feature, like, yesterday. Get it done!

13. More/Improved Voice Commands

The voice commands on Xbox One via the new Kinect 2.0 are awesome, and what sets the console apart from the PS4. The voice commands currently available work fine, most of the time, but there is much work that needs to be done. For example, we should
    be able to say “Xbox Play Assassins Creed 4″, instead of the drawn out, “Xbox Play Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag”. Make voice commands simpler, and make more of them available.

14. Bring Back Friend Notifications

On Xbox 360, a little notification pops up at the bottom of the screen whenever one of your friends signs on to Xbox Live. Not so with Xbox One. We grow tired of checking the “Friends” app every 45 minutes to see who has signed on that we can play with.
    Also, due to the nature of much larger friends lists on Xbox One, there should be an option to turn on notifications for only friends that we have placed on our “Favorites” list.

15. Add a Battery Indicator

On Xbox 360, simply pressing the guide button would bring up the bladed menu that we all know and love. Right above that menu, would be an icon showing the power level of the batteries in your controller. It even features a separate icon for the wireless
    headset battery level (if you are currently using one). There needs to be an easy and painless way to check the power level of batteries in our controllers.

16. Add a Player Number Indicator

Whenever I'm playing local multiplayer with my kids, it is a pain to figure out everyone's player number. This wasn't a problem on Xbox 360, since all you had to do was look down at your controller and see what player you were. Obviously, this isn't
    possible on the Xbox One controller, but there needs to be an easy way to figure out what player you are. Perhaps having each person's player number next to their gamer picture at the top left of the “Home” screen?

17. Unify Microsoft Platforms

This has already been rumored, but if the rumors aren't true – then they need to be. Unifying the marketplace across Xbox One, Windows 8.1, and Windows Phone would be a game changer for Microsoft. We really don't see why they didn't go this route from
    the start, but with Xbox One running a Windows kernel, it only makes sense. Bring Windows Store apps and games to Xbox One. Bring Xbox One games and apps to Windows Store. If you purchase an app or a game on one platform, then you should own it for all 3 platforms.
    The suits in Redmond really need to wake up and get this ball rolling ASAP, because it will be much harder for Sony to compete, when and if this happens.

18. More Games!

Honestly, Microsoft has done a pretty awesome job with lining up some great exclusives for Xbox One so far. We want them to continue that trend through the consoles life cycle. It was the same for the first few years of Xbox 360, then Microsoft seemed
    to just fall back on the fatal four (Halo, Gears, Fable, Forza) without giving much thought to new IPs in the second half of the 360′s life cycle. Also, get back on track with exclusive JRPG's! Lost Odyssey, Infinite Undiscovery, & Magna Carta 2 were awesome
    games! Then there were the timed exclusive JRPG's like Star Ocean, Eternal Sonata, Tales of Vesperia, Etc. Well, we haven't seen a Tales game on Xbox since Vesperia (and there have been a few of them). While we are on the subject, get Mistwalker on the phone
    and have them start on a sequel to Lost Odyssey immediately. That game was awesome. Also, let Rare off the leash this gen! We don't want a bunch of Kinect Sports games. We want Conker, Banjo-Kazooie, & Perfect Dark! Finally, Quantum Break sounds great, but
    get Remedy working on a proper sequel to Alan Wake! In summary – Support more JRPG's, Let Rare Be Rare, Invest In New IP's ALWAYS, and get Alan Wake back to writing novels.

Well, that's our list of things that we think need to be added to Xbox One immediately! What do you guys think?

The post 18 Things Microsoft Needs To Do With Xbox One Immediately appeared first on Frag Tag Radio."

I just remember another thing: BRING BACK VOICE MESSAGE!!!!! We have Kinect, we have a better headset, so WHY we need to WRITE to send a message? Its faster, easier and better. Why you guys think it was a innovation when it came out with
    Halo 2?

And improve that feedback system. Do it like any other social network, so we can like or share other players videos, etc... so far the feedback system is useless.

Well, since Major Nelson said Microsoft will bring back players feedback to the Xbox One experience, there goes my earlier feedback. Just make the One work like a X360. Then, improve from there. DONT mess with the winning team. ADD, dont take it away.

:)

Ricardo Gasparini Lage, Jan 6, 2014
  2. Xbox One - Won't read any discs

Same Thing Months Down the line Microsoft need to attend to this immediately.

STON3G4NG KLIP, Jan 6, 2014
  3. HassanB
    HassanB Guest
    Months of Xbox live gold for 2$

As per law you need to be 18+, to simply use XBOX Live you need to be 13+ with a parents permission. If you are below 18 that would make you a "child" account and unable to do certain things like purchase subscriptions or add points to XBOX Live.

HassanB, Jan 6, 2014
  4. vikingland1
    vikingland1 Guest

I don't agree with #2 becuse you can pin games and your most used apps right to the pins. I almost never use the my games and apps portion. And it's easy to unpin apps also. Hit the right bumper from home and wa la right to your pins.

vikingland1, Jan 6, 2014
  5. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest
    While I can agree with most of these things, there have been 200 threads about all of them. Do we really need another one.most of these things Microsoft have said they are going to fix. Patience is a virtue. Especially when it comes to technology.

DuFFuL, Jan 6, 2014
  6. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    x24hrs2livex, Jan 6, 2014
  7. Lunaclown
    Lunaclown Guest
    In regards to notifications I think it would be cool to have the option to say "Xbox snap that" as soon as it shows the notification. So an example would be when an achievement comes up you simply say that and it snaps it to the side showing what you got.
    Also if friend notifications were there it would snap your friend and then you could instantly invite them to a party.

Lunaclown, Jan 6, 2014
  8. Tex1(2)
    Tex1(2) Guest

I agree with 99% i could have sworn I saw a vid saying that the Xbox one does support an external HD, Some of the things that made the 360 great should have been put into the one, like the voice chat. How can this be called a true next gen console when we
    went backward from speech to having to type? It was way faster with voice, also I hate the fact I can not play movies off of my PC through the one on my TV, I always did that with my 360. The voice commands works when it wants to, but i am having issues with
    my kinect so i have a replacement on the way and I hope this helps. I LOVE my Xbox but i am not as happy with the one as I thought i would be. My 360 is still hooked up

Tex1(2), Jan 7, 2014
  9. Tex1(2)
    Tex1(2) Guest
    I did some looking about the external HD and came across this

" Penello confirmed that the USB 3.0 port is there for external storage, which can be used for everything the internal storage can be used for. That includes game installs and downloads."

Tex1(2), Jan 7, 2014
  10. BearCu6
    BearCu6 Guest
    People need to drop the "Party Chat always on" thing. That's NOT an issue. It was done on purpose. Imagine you turned your Xbox off without leaving a party. Guess what? Once you turn it back on, it will still be in that party and would you like for people
    to join your party and listen to you talking without you knowing you're even in a party?

Party chat works perfectly fine to me.

The other thing I have a real hard time with is people whining about external hard drives. Even if you download every single game available right now, it won't fill up your hard drive. Seriously people?

Most of the issues this guy lists DON"T EVEN EXIST.

Media streaming from mobile device? That's already supported by the One. Just download one of the many DLNA apps available.

Can you imagine if everyone started to demand Microsoft to do whatever the heck they wanted?

BearCu6, Jan 7, 2014
  11. SERIOUSLY!How long is it going to take people to realise,every single person that screamed hell mary at MS original plans for the xb1,You are partly responsible for all of the above bar 18,and the many other things that are not to everybodys likes.

-

Whats is being expexted from 3GB of split ram completely baffles me,when I read all these discussions on technical specifications,are they being copyed from a computing magazine?because is it actually realised the amount of palavour when building pcs and
    all that is being screamed for, if you only had 3GB of ram to do it all.

-

Its a console!,not a 16Gb uped to 32Gb rig.

-

They wanted disks,they wanted backwards compat,now the xb1 has 2/3rds of the inners taken up by a disk drive and fan,and now they moan because it doesnt work how MS originally intended.

-

Believe me or not I really dont care,1 of my mobiles is the windows 8 htc s,its a basic smart phone with 4Gb designated to run everything like the 3GB the xb1 has,the internal workings are exactly the same,the phone actually does more than the xb1.

-

Your bed was screamed for now lie in it,there are so many of us that MS didnt listen too about keeping the original plans,and now its gonna be another 5 years until WE all get the console that was 1st planned for,Now that winds me right up tbh.

-

PLEASE take your xb1 and go and get a playstation as they are for children,along with facetube and twitter, and as for games SERIOUSLY, there are 25 games out now in the 1st 2 months,I will continue to headbutt my wall. 18 Things Microsoft Needs To Do With Xbox One Immediately :)

xPsycoticBreakx, Jan 7, 2014
  12. Why not add the ability to auto hide your home tiles so we can actually view or backgrounds that we won with pride without having to venture to achievements and unlocks.? Can I get some support on this please people. I mean if the system is technically a
    windows pc, why not add more of the same ui funtionality. Or how about being able to add the ability to bridge a windows 7 pc and xbox to be able to boost performance?

INEEDSASAMMICH0, Oct 31, 2018
  13. INEEDSASAMMICH0 Win User

Why not add the ability to auto hide your home tiles so we can actually view or backgrounds that we won with pride without having to venture to achievements and unlocks.? Can I get some support on this please people. I mean if the system is technically a
    windows pc, why not add more of the same ui funtionality. Or how about being able to add the ability to bridge a windows 7 pc and xbox to be able to boost performance?
  14. Tex1(2) Win User

I did some looking about the external HD and came across this

" Penello confirmed that the USB 3.0 port is there for external storage, which can be used for everything the internal storage can be used for. That includes game installs and downloads."
  15. vikingland1 Win User

I don't agree with #2 becuse you can pin games and your most used apps right to the pins. I almost never use the my games and apps portion. And it's easy to unpin apps also. Hit the right bumper from home and wa la right to your pins.
  16. BearCu6 Win User

People need to drop the "Party Chat always on" thing. That's NOT an issue. It was done on purpose. Imagine you turned your Xbox off without leaving a party. Guess what? Once you turn it back on, it will still be in that party and would you like for people
    to join your party and listen to you talking without you knowing you're even in a party?

Party chat works perfectly fine to me.

The other thing I have a real hard time with is people whining about external hard drives. Even if you download every single game available right now, it won't fill up your hard drive. Seriously people?

Most of the issues this guy lists DON"T EVEN EXIST.

Media streaming from mobile device? That's already supported by the One. Just download one of the many DLNA apps available.

Can you imagine if everyone started to demand Microsoft to do whatever the heck they wanted?
  17. DuFFuL Win User

While I can agree with most of these things, there have been 200 threads about all of them. Do we really need another one.most of these things Microsoft have said they are going to fix. Patience is a virtue. Especially when it comes to technology.
Thema:

1. 18 Things Microsoft Needs To Do With Xbox One Immediately - Similar Threads - Things Microsoft Needs

2. now that the Xbox b@n exploit is a credible thing what is Microsoft going to do for a fix ?

in XboX Insiders
    now that the Xbox b@n exploit is a credible thing what is Microsoft going to do for a fix ?: The YouTuber Nick (@GhillieYT) claims he was targeted by this exploit and was falsely b@nned for one year. What can players do to protect themselves against this ? While still unconfirmed by Xbox,...
  3. microsoft store is the most broken thing made by microsoft, so i keep getting this popup if...

in XBoX on Windows
    microsoft store is the most broken thing made by microsoft, so i keep getting this popup if...: [img] what the hell does this mean e6f48f0f-a30a-4524-9ddf-c1270c96bbe3
  4. Receipt from Microsoft on things I havn't bought

in XBoX Accessibility
    Receipt from Microsoft on things I havn't bought: Hi! I have a particular strange problem, for a few years time now I have received emails about purchases, mainly game related. It is ofcourse not my own purchases, the 4 last digits on the credit...
  5. error '' some thing went wrong '' when open efootball 2024 downloaded from microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    error '' some thing went wrong '' when open efootball 2024 downloaded from microsoft store: error '' some thing went wrong '' when open efootball 2024 downloaded from microsoft store This is what it says when I try to open efootbal on my laptop hp core i7 8 gb ram...
  6. when i try to login to any microsoft thing i get an error "you'll need the internet for this"

in XBoX Accessibility
    when i try to login to any microsoft thing i get an error "you'll need the internet for this": I am connected to the internet and everything else works fine like google steam etc. but i am trying to login to things like minecraft or the game bar and it keeps telling me i am not connected to...
  7. error '' some thing went wrong '' when open efootball 2024 downloaded from microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    error '' some thing went wrong '' when open efootball 2024 downloaded from microsoft store: some thing went wrong and anti - cheat [img] 76b0b2d9-d6ed-4199-9d73-150008761176
  8. Why my roblox at microsoft store doesn't open i do all things microsoft way

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why my roblox at microsoft store doesn't open i do all things microsoft way: i do all things microsoft way 71ad058c-0aa7-4a22-88d9-24b55dcae214
  9. microsoft, why would you do this. I spent over 600 points doing the spin the wheel thing...

in XBoX on Windows
    microsoft, why would you do this. I spent over 600 points doing the spin the wheel thing...: u scammers. like y. you guys aren't doing this based on luck. you guys are just doing it on purpose. 8f30bf7e-7a6f-4f28-9d52-5b5fd0cbafd8
  10. Will Microsoft ever do the right thing and change the gamer tag character limit back to 15?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will Microsoft ever do the right thing and change the gamer tag character limit back to 15?: See the title. It really bothers me that this change was made. I can never go back to most of my old GTs. It’s really really dumb. 5d2ddf6d-f466-4068-a6a5-b998c2e54d95