12 letter character limit

Discus and support 12 letter character limit in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; What's everyone's opinion on the 12 letter character limit And the ability for people to have the exact same name as you I know I'm late to the party... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DragonSin Tohru, Jun 18, 2021.

1. 12 letter character limit

What's everyone's opinion on the 12 letter character limit

And the ability for people to have the exact same name as you

I know I'm late to the party on this discussion but I want to know what other people think i wish they would put it back to 15

(1) I like the idea of being allowed to use non latest English characters it gives people a lot more variety

(2) I don't like the new suffix system where someone can have a identical tag name to you but with just a #number following it Gamertag should be unique

(3) I wish if you wanted to to create a 15 star Gamertag and if it hasn't been you use it would ignore the suffix and grant you the space that it would have took up

:)

DragonSin Tohru, Jun 18, 2021
  2. Nursemorph Win User

I wonder whether the ability to have the same username (albeit with numbers after it) came from complaints that people were annoyed they couldn't have their preferred username? When you consider how long Xbox Live has been around (20 years or so yes? Or more?) and then consider how many players over those years registered gamertags (I want to hazard a guess and say a hundred million maybe? Perhaps more? And not taking into account the number of players who have multiple gamertags), not really a surprise.

Character limit: I can see why it annoys people as I can't see a good reason for the change when they reduced it...personally makes no difference as my preferred tag is less than the 12 limit anyway

Non-English characters: Makes no difference to me personally as I wouldn't use them but, as you say, would allow more variety and give a greater chance for someone to have a unique username.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Gamertag Change

No. Since the limit is now 12, it would be limited to 12 characters.
  4. Yombi Win User

Gamertag Character limit increase

it's limited to 12 characters
  5. [EX] Win User

Gamertag not allowed

its because you have gone over the character limit of 11 characters.
    The limit is 12 and he would have been told if there were more than 12 !
  6. Sprey101 Win User

Gamertag not allowed

The character limit is 12 not 11.
Thema:

1. 12 letter character limit - Similar Threads - letter character limit

2. My on screen keyboard is giving too many options for each individual letter and character...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My on screen keyboard is giving too many options for each individual letter and character...: The on screen keyboard is giving too many options which is very annoying and affecting game play. How do I change this 77a41866-ac3a-460f-bb48-55d8543171e5
  3. An open letter to Xbox …………………..

in XboX Insiders
    An open letter to Xbox …………………..: I have owned the Xbox since it first came out. HALO Combat Evolved on the top floor (Board Room no less) of the San Francisco Pyramid building playing the game while looking at the city. I adored...
  4. I need help, accidentally missed a letter on my activision email.. and now I can’t two...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help, accidentally missed a letter on my activision email.. and now I can’t two...: I missed a letter on my activision email!!! Help!! 7ec6b58c-477e-45d5-824c-964c4151e0b6
  5. Any 3 Letter Gamertags left in 2023?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Any 3 Letter Gamertags left in 2023?: Hello, I was wondering if there were any 3 character Gamertags left. I’ve checked over 1000 and didn’t seem to find one. 2df8a68b-a463-4687-b99e-0f35015204d9
  6. Why are my letters distorted on Xbox Series S? Also please see my Reddit link to see the...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are my letters distorted on Xbox Series S? Also please see my Reddit link to see the...: [img] https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxSupport/s/sqenqEM2NI af799ba5-3fe6-4169-a5e7-29f72c437686
  7. I bought a $25 Xbox gift card and when I went to scratch the back off some of the letters...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a $25 Xbox gift card and when I went to scratch the back off some of the letters...: I bought a $25 Xbox gift card and when I went to scratch the back off some of the letters were scratched off as well. What can I do to find the missing letters? 99885cb7-f417-45c5-ab7e-048fd06a8235
  8. How to toggle Pressing a single letter key?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to toggle Pressing a single letter key?: Hello, I would like to spam one of the hotkey letters (e.g. K) in my keyboard. How do I toggle it, instead of keep pressing it? and then toggling again should stop the spam....
  9. check the question down beacuse i it had more then 200 letters

in XBoX Games and Apps
    check the question down beacuse i it had more then 200 letters: On my xbox 360 when I play call of duty modern warfare 3 it keeps telling me to reconnect the controller but when I play another game it doesn't show me to reconnect the controller it only shows...
  10. Open letter to Microsoft/Xbox concerning game preservation and consumer choice

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Open letter to Microsoft/Xbox concerning game preservation and consumer choice: This is an open letter regarding the leaked information about future Xbox hardware. I implore you: -Don't alienate your fans who bought games at retail with future hardware. -Don't make single...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gamertag character limit