1 month old Xbox Series X making a lot of noise when game disc inserted?

Discus and support 1 month old Xbox Series X making a lot of noise when game disc inserted? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I purchased an Xbox Series X on January 4th, loving it so far and the worst issues I've had is a game freezing once on me, so pretty great all... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by oman1943, Feb 7, 2022.

1. oman1943
    oman1943 Guest

Hello,

I purchased an Xbox Series X on January 4th, loving it so far and the worst issues I've had is a game freezing once on me, so pretty great all around.

I am however asking about pretty decent noise coming from the console when I inserted a disc into it today.

Some background, console is 1 month old, in a open and well ventilated space, no dust buildup or anything blocking any fans, only about 4 games downloaded total for a combining storage usage of 100-150gbs, total playtime on the console as a whole is probably less than 50 hours since purchase. The point I'm trying to make is this is essentially as out of the box as an Xbox can come without it being legitimately fresh out of the box.

This evening I did try and download Rainbow Six Siege to play backwards compatible, the disc is pretty beat up (however still works fine) which is understandable for being a disc from 2015. However when I inserted it and let it download for a while the xbox was making pretty significant fan noise.

I come from an original Xbox One, and it was definitely not the jet engine sound you would get from a console that old for what its worth.

Any reason to be concerned? I have not touched a disc game since buying the Series X, I have only been playing downloaded games that do not require a disc. Am I just overreacting and haven't been used to that heavy fan sound coming from the console for some reason?

Thanks.

:)

oman1943, Feb 7, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Like you said, the disc is beat up. Do you have a better disc game? One that is neater to try on the console if it makes a similar noise?
  3. ngocphi Win User

It's supposed to make noise

Although not nearly as loud as the ps5

You can hear that hum over the sound of your car muffler
  4. Just a Volunteer Win User

Series X - subtle grind/scratch noise from disc drive

What started as a subtle noise on my first 6 month old Series X turned into a complete failure of the disc drive and the console was replaced under warranty.

Don't leave it to late to get it repaired or replaced under warranty.
  5. VagueBeast4 Win User

Fable 2 disc loud?

I am using a very old version of the game, and an old console - chances are if something is making a lot of noise in these consoles 1 of 3 things is probably happening 1) the fan broke and needs to be replaced by an official x-box repair (or if in warentee
    get another) or 2) The Drive is knocked off track to make the noise, or 3) there is heavy grooves on the CD causing it to skip (probably wouldn't play at all in this case). Even on older PATA - sata drives (similar to what this is) if they get knocked around
    too much they make a lot of noise
  6. Francia J. Win User

Fifa 22 Xbox Series X

You're correct. It's the Xbox Series X version.

Kindly uninstall the game and then reinstall the game by inserting the disc.
Thema:

1. 1 month old Xbox Series X making a lot of noise when game disc inserted? - Similar Threads - month old Series

2. My fan on the Xbox x isn't on , barely a month old is this right ??

in XBoX on Consoles
    My fan on the Xbox x isn't on , barely a month old is this right ??: Had the Xbox x barely a month and started getting over heating message . Noticed my fan doesn't come in ??? d91788f5-06a7-42cf-b1e9-3c114a0b3147
  3. Been trying to get my old profile back for months

in XBoX Accessibility
    Been trying to get my old profile back for months: I had been trying to get my old profile back for ages so I went through a long list of things with An agent and was suppose to hear back in 72 hours I have had nothing now soon doing so everytime...
  4. 1 month old xbox series x controller already unusable due to issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    1 month old xbox series x controller already unusable due to issues.: My brand new xbox series x controller is bugging out, I tried troubleshooting and different batteries and packs but nothing works. This new Xbox series x controller randomly starts twitching the...
  5. I was wondering why my game would look like this? I have a 3 month old Series X is it my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was wondering why my game would look like this? I have a 3 month old Series X is it my...: I just bought my Series X back in January at the end of the month and within that timeframe I've seen this black/white Distorted Pixels a few times now in a few games but the occurrence has been...
  6. changed Xbox companion app over a month ago, but app still shows old gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    changed Xbox companion app over a month ago, but app still shows old gamertag: My Xbox Console Companion app (on pc) shows my old gamertag [img] I clicked the 'change gamertag' link over a month ago. it directed me to social.xbox.com where I changed it (for free). When...
  7. I got comm banned for a 3 month old message because my friend wanted revenge

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got comm banned for a 3 month old message because my friend wanted revenge: Ok so my other friend reported my friend because he got mad and sent profanity to us he got comm banned but he was angry at the ban so he goes and reports a few month old message(I know cause it...
  8. Month old Series X not staying on

in XboX Insiders
    Month old Series X not staying on: Not sure if it’s been posted before but today my series X wasn’t turning on with the controller. So I turned it on through the console & it turned on but then shut off after about two seconds...
  9. I entered 6 month Xbox live code and got two months old ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I entered 6 month Xbox live code and got two months old ultimate: I got two months of xbox ultimate for a 6 month gold code c1780857-e001-4c72-ba11-79c6be60a7c7
  10. 2 month old xb1 digital edition sent me to troubleshoot screen on reboot. Now stuck at 50%...

in XboX Insiders
    2 month old xb1 digital edition sent me to troubleshoot screen on reboot. Now stuck at 50%...: Not sure if this is the right sub for this, if not let me know and I'll move it. I got this xbox a little over 2 months ago. I was playing fh4 and the game froze and closed itself out. I went to...