1 External HD... 2 Xbox ones

Discus and support 1 External HD... 2 Xbox ones in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can it be done? Use 1 external hardrive with a USB splitter to 2 xbox ones? 3900bc5b-7edc-48ed-b80c-6a0daf10ead0 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ayy Petey, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Ayy Petey
    Ayy Petey Guest

Can it be done? Use 1 external hardrive with a USB splitter to 2 xbox ones?

:)

Ayy Petey, Dec 28, 2015
  2. CptKnottz
    CptKnottz Guest
    External Hard Drive Question

I have an Xbox 1 and just got the 1S for Christmas. If I get an external HD for games/saved content will I be able to use it interchangeably between the 2 consols?

CptKnottz, Dec 28, 2015
  3. NxtDoc1851
    NxtDoc1851 Guest
    Which to buy, the 500gb or 1TB?

To echo blue. Minimum is 3.0 USB. 256GB external HD. And You can use up to 2 5TB external HD. So 10 TB

NxtDoc1851, Dec 28, 2015
  4. 1 External HD... 2 Xbox ones

I wouldn't do it at the same time, no... if both are trying to read/write at the same time when it's not expecting it, it could lead to corruption.

That being said, I've never tried myself... it could be fine, but I personally wouldn't risk it.

Theory of Game, Dec 28, 2015
  5. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    I definitely wouldn't attempt that as drives are not designed to be used that way. Sounds to me as Theory as indicated a good way to corrupt the data.

{Parity}, Dec 28, 2015
  6. Ayy Petey
    Ayy Petey Guest
    what if you installed it one at a time then after installed on both, connect it to both and only install games using one xbox?

Use it as a share tool for the other xbox type deal

Ayy Petey, Dec 28, 2015
  7. Ayy Petey
    Ayy Petey Guest
    sounds like to AVOID CORRUPTION just get two external drives.

got it, thanks for the input guys

Ayy Petey, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Ayy Petey Win User

sounds like to AVOID CORRUPTION just get two external drives.

got it, thanks for the input guys
  9. Theory of Game Win User

I wouldn't do it at the same time, no... if both are trying to read/write at the same time when it's not expecting it, it could lead to corruption.

That being said, I've never tried myself... it could be fine, but I personally wouldn't risk it.
  10. Ayy Petey Win User

what if you installed it one at a time then after installed on both, connect it to both and only install games using one xbox?

Use it as a share tool for the other xbox type deal
  11. {Parity} Win User

I definitely wouldn't attempt that as drives are not designed to be used that way. Sounds to me as Theory as indicated a good way to corrupt the data.
  12. Annastasia4388 Win User

Seagate 2TB Game Drive Issue

To use an external drive for games on the One the entire drive has to be formatted by the One and used exclusively for storing your games.
    For What is worth:

The way I am doing now, is that I keep:

1- internal HD for console fonctions only ( temporary storage )

2- external HD for games and ad-ons only ( permanent storage )

3- USB key for save-games

I free the infernal HD by transfering anything that I whant to keep on the external HD, so each 3 different storage helps the console
    working and playing easier. Also when needed, int-HD and USB key can be removed to permit any repare and actions
    that could result data loss on the console.
Thema:

1. 1 External HD... 2 Xbox ones - Similar Threads - External ones

2. I Want To Use My External HDD On My Xbox One With My Windows PC However…

in XBoX on Windows
    I Want To Use My External HDD On My Xbox One With My Windows PC However…: I am thinking of using my External HDD that is currently formatted for my Xbox One with my Windows PC. I know the steps of going on disk management and creating a new volume but I was also...
  3. Xbox One S not registering external storage when it was fine this morning until I ended my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S not registering external storage when it was fine this morning until I ended my...: My xbox is not detecting my external hard drive anymore. It was fine when I turned on the xbox this morning and started streaming. I could see all of my installed games and everything was fine....
  4. Xbox one S digital external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S digital external storage: If I add an external storage to my Xbox one s all digital console, will I have to transfer games back and forth to be able to use them? Or does it work together, variations playing off of the...
  5. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  6. Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive: Howdy, I want to transfer my old game saves data from my XBOX One onto an external hard drive. I have already formatted an external hard drive (EHD) to use but I can currently only copy the DLC...
  7. New Xbox one S update makes my xbox crash evertime my external hard drive connects

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox one S update makes my xbox crash evertime my external hard drive connects: My WD Black D10 was working fine with my console until the last update. Now when the HD is plugged in, my console makes a freezing noise and shuts down and it keeps repeating in this cycle. There...
  8. What's the best 2 terabyte external hard drive for the Xbox One?

in XboX Insiders
    What's the best 2 terabyte external hard drive for the Xbox One?: I'm having trouble figuring out which external hard drive I should get for my Xbox One, I'm starting to run out of space so I want to get a external hard drive so I don't have to delete a game or...
  9. Quick question i have a x box one s i take the internal hard drive can I make a external...

in XboX Insiders
    Quick question i have a x box one s i take the internal hard drive can I make a external...: Pls submitted by /u/Temporary-Grass8116 [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox one external storage options?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one external storage options?: I have the original Xbox one and need to extend my storage capability. What is the best external storage options that are compatible with the original Xbox one? 7148ca69-47dc-4423-92e7-a74dc010b115