1 day comms ban into a 2 week online multiplayer and comms suspension

Discus and support 1 day comms ban into a 2 week online multiplayer and comms suspension in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I was recently suspended on comms for using foul language and making a racial comment while in a fit of rage, for one day. I served out that suspension... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by CarterAssink, Nov 5, 2021.

1. CarterAssink
    CarterAssink Guest

I was recently suspended on comms for using foul language and making a racial comment while in a fit of rage, for one day. I served out that suspension and was then able to play games and use party chat and messaging features again. I was just recently handed another week (for the same incident) today suspending my comms and my usage of online multiplayer. The new suspension was marked as being for "Harassment and Making Threats" feels kinda pointless to hand someone a ban for 1 day and then the next day give them a ban for 7 days, why not just do all 7 days initially?

Not asking for someone to reply and say to deal with this at xbox.enforcement.com, because I already tried to appeal my case before I knew what it was for, they should really include the reasoning for the secondary suspension inside the suspension first and not after my appeal so I don't feel that I wasted it on nothing. Not asking for another appeal either.

:)

CarterAssink, Nov 5, 2021
  2. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

I think that explains your case.

Can I get suspended twice for the same thing?

XBLPET will not issue multiple suspensions for a single violation. For example, a single inappropriate Gamertag will only result in one forced Gamertag change, and cheating once in a single multiplayer match will only bring about one suspension for cheating.

However, one suspension does not absolve the account of every violation committed up to that point. If XBLPET discovers evidence of other inappropriate activities that occurred prior to the most recent suspension, it can result in additional enforcement action.

For instance, harassing numerous players could result in several distinct communications or account suspensions, even if all of the harassment occurred on the same day. This is because each case of abuse is a unique violation of the Microsoft Services Agreement. Similarly, an account could receive a suspension for abusive behavior that occurred the previous day, and shortly thereafter receive a second enforcement due to similar behavior that occurred three weeks earlier but only later came to the attention of XBLPET- whether due to player complaints, a Case Review investigation, or other means.

See the below example. This shows a scenario in which a player harassed others on several different days, resulting in distinct but overlapping suspensions:
  3. Daft Badger Win User

Bans

Communication suspensions are temporary,24h hour,7 day or 14 days usually.

Never heard of anyone getting a permanent comms ban.They'll ban your account outright if you have to many comms suspensions.

As Genesis said though,account bans or suspensions are account linked so if you have a 2 weeks comms suspension that would be in place on al platforms.
  4. englishbulldog802 Win User

Reporting abusive players.

I had a question about comms suspensions. I know it goes 1 day comms suspension, 7 day, 14 day. What happens after 14 days? Do they start to give you temporary service suspensions or do they go straight to a permaban after that?
  5. Nursemorph Win User

lfg post got me com banned for some reason

Comm bans of 1-2 days usually aren't appealable as, by the time someone looks into the appeal, the ban is likely to have already concluded
  6. HijackerSword Win User

What was I suspended for??

I did I checked it out online as I stated, it just says it was a comms ban and the punishments for temporary and permanent suspensions
Thema:

1. 1 day comms ban into a 2 week online multiplayer and comms suspension - Similar Threads - comms ban week

2. I cannot join parties after comm ban expires

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot join parties after comm ban expires: I can’t join parties after my comm ban, I have an error whenever I try to join yet I can create my own, invite and earlier when I did to my friends I could then join parties but it would be...
  3. Has anyone been comm banned for looking for posts?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Has anyone been comm banned for looking for posts?: Recently me and a few other players have been comm banned for posting " Looking for group " post on the xbox network and people have been spam reporting them and xbox has just been comm banning...
  4. Why am I getting comm banned bc of a hacker?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am I getting comm banned bc of a hacker?: How am I gonna be comm banned for talking trash to a hacker? I am genuinely concerned for the gaming community. The major gaming companies will willingly let hacking thrive on their platform, why?...
  5. Hello I’ve been comms banned for a year for a profile picture

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello I’ve been comms banned for a year for a profile picture: Hello I’ve been communication banned for a year over a profile pic that isn’t even bad d67f8a14-dc0d-492e-873d-1eac27388777
  6. Comm Ban

in XBoX Accessibility
    Comm Ban: I was harassed for an hour by an angry xbox live man child. I said one curse word after he spammed me repeatedly and I got comm banned. How is it that Microsoft can play "Hero" as the thought...
  7. Comms ban

in XBoX Accessibility
    Comms ban: So I got communication banned for saying that the person I talked to likes to talk about dicks and I got reported and Microsoft instantly comms ban me and he called me a **** ugly piece of ****...
  8. Xbox accidentally comm banned me for 15 days and I don’t know why

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox accidentally comm banned me for 15 days and I don’t know why: So I was on YouTube and I decided to play dbd with my friend so I went invite him to a party and I was comm banned for 15 days and for the past 3 days iv only been on YouTube or Netflix and i...
  9. Why am I getting comm banned bc of a hacker?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why am I getting comm banned bc of a hacker?: How am I gonna be comm banned for talking trash to a hacker? I am genuinely concerned for the gaming community. The major gaming companies will willingly let hacking thrive on their platform, why?...
  10. Perfect Record but 2 week Comm ban! i didnt play at all this weekend and we just got a headset ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Perfect Record but 2 week Comm ban! i didnt play at all this weekend and we just got a headset ...: So my kids play dead by daylight and i see a bunch of comments in my inbox saying "Reported for camping ***!" and i just chalk it up to salty players. I have heard the DBD community is pretty...