0x80073d0d Fix - Xbox Windows App

Discus and support 0x80073d0d Fix - Xbox Windows App in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello One and All, I was getting and error 0x80073d0d when trying to install any game from the Xbox Windows App on one of my SSD's. But was able to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Bart-IT, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Bart-IT
    Bart-IT Guest

Hello One and All,

I was getting and error 0x80073d0d when trying to install any game from the Xbox Windows App on one of my SSD's.
    But was able to install it fine when selecting to another SSD that I had and it would install with no issue... WHY!?!

So started to go through Microsoft support & community pages and found a whole bunch of Microsoft Moderators that had just copied and pasted known \ easily discoverable pages and then disappear once it went outside the Microsoft article.....

Anyway long story short my issue happen to be permissions :O.

For some stupid reason the MS Store and Xbox Windows App when creating the folder "D:\WindowsApps" it would lock it down!

As in Bill Gates Himself has NO ACCESS TO THIS FOLDER! It was Locked! I couldn't add, remove folders within it and couldn't delete WindowsApps either...

My resolve was to this change the ownership and add my local user profile to Full Control access and it WORKED! I hope it helps you 0x80073d0d Fix - Xbox Windows App :D

The below link has a nice step by step with pictures guide on how to change Ownership and Permissions of Folders windows 0x80073d0d Fix - Xbox Windows App :D

https://www.laptopmag.com/au/articles/take-ownership-folder-windows-10-using-file-explorer

(No affiliation with this website, first one I searched up 0x80073d0d Fix - Xbox Windows App :p)

Quick run through if no pictures required 0x80073d0d Fix - Xbox Windows App :p

1. Right-click on a file or folder.

2. Select Properties.

3. Click the Security tab.

4. Click Advanced.

5. Click "Change" next to the owner name.

6. Click Advanced.

7. Click Find Now.

8. Select your username and click OK.

9. Click OK.

10. Click Apply. If you're modifying a folder, you might want to

11. Click OK.

12. Click Add. Now it's time to make sure you have all kinds of permissions.

13. Click Select a principal.

14. Click Advanced.

15. Click Find Now.

16. Select your user name and click OK.

17. Click OK.

19. Click OK.

20. Click OK.

21. Click your user name, it's time to verify your new permissions.

22. Click OK, as you've taken ownership and full permissions for the folder!

Only Issues that I did have when applying Ownership and granting Full Control Access, was that I had to refresh File explorer after some steps.

For example: I changed ownership to my local profile, then (refresh File explorer) click apply, ok on Advanced Security Settings Window and OK to the properties windows, then pressed F5 or right click and select refresh on the File explorer windows and then head back into Advanced Security Settings Window to add my local profile Full Control Access.

Once my Local windows 10 profile had Full Control Access I opened Xbox Windows App and BAM! Download and Install Done!

I hope this help 0x80073d0d Fix - Xbox Windows App :D

Happy New Years Eve 0x80073d0d Fix - Xbox Windows App :p

:)

Bart-IT, Dec 31, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Game Won't Install

3. Georges C. Win User

Error Code: 0x80073D0D when trying to install game.

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Max, this happens with all Game Pass games or only with some in particular, make sure you have your Windows updated with the latest version and also with the updated Apps in the Xbox store.

Later try to follow the procedures of the links below.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/fix-microsoft-st...

https://techsmagic.com/way-to-fix-windows-store...

Note (Standard Disclaimer): This is a third party link that is not Microsoft's property, so you might encounter advertising on the website.
  4. Thalen Ovall-down Win User

Games wont install on my E drive

it says it already is a ntfs file system and i have tried to move xbox app itself to the E drive but it says the same error code 0x80073d0d
  5. MateusFontana Win User

Error code 0x80073d0d

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. I'm sorry you're having this problem.

I recommend that you read the topic below:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

On page 2 in the last comment made by ''bl8demast3r'' he reports that the solution to another error worked for this 0x80073d0d. The solution to this problem can be found on the link below made by one of the community members.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

*Thank you in advance for contacting us, I hope this can help you.
  6. theguy667 Win User

XBOX App on PC not installing games.

i have done numerous steps to try and correct the xbox app not installing games on pc, i keep getting error code 0x80073d0d, any soloutions to this problem
Thema:

1. 0x80073d0d Fix - Xbox Windows App - Similar Threads - 0x80073d0d Fix Windows

2. 0x80073D0D when trying to install xbox app in microsoft store.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    0x80073D0D when trying to install xbox app in microsoft store.: I have probably tried everything you guys would recommend me, but im open to try literally anything else. I think it wont install because im pretty sure it was installed on a drive that recently...
  3. Can't install minecraft; error 0x80073D0D no matter what

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install minecraft; error 0x80073D0D no matter what: Windows 10 Reinstalled Xbox app, microsoft store cleared Microsoft store cache logged out and in Tried download through launcher, microsoft store and xbox app Tried everything on the support page...
  4. Error code: 0x80073d0d when trying to download fallout 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code: 0x80073d0d when trying to download fallout 4: I have been experiencing a strange glitch when attempting to install fallout 4 to my windows 10 computer it gets to 100% before glitching and saying an unknown error occurred this is only...
  5. Error code: 0x80073d0d when dowloading fallout 4 for pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code: 0x80073d0d when dowloading fallout 4 for pc: I have an error when trying to install fallout 4 for pc it never works it reaches 100% completion then it says error and gives me error 0x80073d0d weirdly enough this only happens with fallout 4 I...
  6. error 0x80073d0d on xbox app and microsoft store when i try to download games or minecraft.

in XboX Insiders
    error 0x80073d0d on xbox app and microsoft store when i try to download games or minecraft.: i keep getting error 0x80073d0d when i try to download minecraft launcher and now i find out the xbox app cant download any games at alli would provide photos if i could. i am currently using...
  7. Error code 0x80073d0d

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x80073d0d: Whenever I try to download a game through Xbox Gamepass for PC it downloads, but when it reaches 100% it says "Error 100%". When I click "see error details" it shows this a box saying "Something...
  8. how can i fix error 0x80073d0d on every download.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how can i fix error 0x80073d0d on every download.: when I say every download I mean every download, I've tried every resolution I've seen online, and still nothing, please help. ef7b16c7-1d6f-42b0-8cfb-304616b21d27
  9. How can I fix 0x80073d0d when downloading Persona 5 Royal?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I fix 0x80073d0d when downloading Persona 5 Royal?: I'm on the PC and trying to download Persona 5 Royal through the Game Pass Library but when it gets to 100%, it errors out and tells me that it failed to download because of error 0x80073d0d. I've...
  10. Error Code 0x80073d0d. How can i fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    Error Code 0x80073d0d. How can i fix this?: [img] How can I fix this problem? I already restarted the PC but it doesn't fix the problem. c7b05ae8-d33a-4f1a-ac73-e2bdbeb0ae9f